BigBaldBlk

Linktree...I'm a fan!

12 posts in this topic

There are a few social media sites I'm on, and a few I have no desire to join, but are you familiar with Linktree?  It's a smart way to link all of one's social media sites into one place.  There is nothing more frustrating trying to find out info on someone and have to bounce around to their SM sites only to find some are updated and some are not.  Linktree is a container for all SM sites.

Here is an example.  What are your thoughts?

Thanks for sharing BBB. I never heard of Linktree before. I think it's neat providers can share the links to all her accounts in one place. I like the layout too. You gave a great example btw. So many links to sites I would never have expected. Now I'm curious to hear what all the guys think about it, ladies too. Good post. 💋🤗

How did you come across it?

I really appreciate linktree and the providers using it. From a purely “do your research” aspect it means everything is right there and  I don’t have to hit one site in hopes it links to another that in turn links to one more that might have a personal website, p411 link, or whatever medium that particular provider decides to use to maintain relevant info. 

I am not a fan of social media. I visit face-book about once every couple days, because I have friends and family who use it. 

I'd much rather meet someone for coffee, and have a real conversation.

I love the idea and how easy it seems to navigate.  Thanks for sharing!

I am not a member of Facebook, never will be.

I used to belong to a number of Yahoo groups,  some related to this hobby with one login, some related to other hobbies with different logins.  Then Google bought Yahoo and tried to merge them all together.  Now I can’t get to any of them.

I would not want all my hobby sites linked together, even though I use the same moniker.  Just don’t want them to fall like a house of cards.

48 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I am not a member of Facebook, never will be.

I used to belong to a number of Yahoo groups,  some related to this hobby with one login, some related to other hobbies with different logins.  Then Google bought Yahoo and tried to merge them all together.  Now I can’t get to any of them.

I would not want all my hobby sites linked together, even though I use the same moniker.  Just don’t want them to fall like a house of cards.

I think the point of linktree is kind of being missed. It’s not a social media site in the traditional sense but rather you can link to your actual social media should you want. And yes I realize not everyone has a SM account and fully acknowledge the loathsomeness of SM for some but that does not mean providers aren’t using them to post info. And even though you don’t have an account it’s still possible to read said info if the account is public. Really it’s just your own personal aggregate to post anything you’d like. The ones I’ve seen don’t always have the same username across the board, nor are the sites even remotely related to the other. At least not in all cases because there is overlap in ownership with some. So even if someone like google bought out linktree it would not prevent you from accessing sites you might’ve linked to as those sites are truly independent of linktree. I guess I could go down the rabbit hole of “is it really truly walled off??” But I won’t. I think you get my point though. 

I belong to a few Social Media websites. However, I often forget to get on them and check how everyone is doing.  please always feel free to give me a call me if you wish to chat and be social with me!  I think your friend's website is really cool  BBB! 

Cool concept but things change too fast. I've found several providers who have linktree listed as their personal website. Without fail, many of the links are dead. Like anything, it has to be managed. If not, it's not particularly useful. Still, if it's managed properly it's a great idea. Being a nerdy type, I don't see how this is better than creating a simple website with a list of links but I do understand that for most people the linktree concept is easier to handle.

By choice, I don't participate in Facebook, Twitter, etc.  TOB is about the only on-line place I participate in.  In my past life, I was in the IT world and have many concerns about privacy, data collection and people who use the cyber world to be incredibly cruel.  But, I also recognize the advantages of different ways to connect with people.  I just choose not to take advantage of many of those ways.

On 6/26/2019 at 6:01 AM, Hunter VanDyke said:

Thanks for sharing BBB. I never heard of Linktree before. I think it's neat providers can share the links to all her accounts in one place. I like the layout too. You gave a great example btw. So many links to sites I would never have expected. Now I'm curious to hear what all the guys think about it, ladies too. Good post. 💋🤗

How did you come across it?

As JoDoe27 said, just doing a little research.  A touring lady from another site shared a link with me that had all of her info on it.  I agree, it still has to be managed, but it's nice to click on one link vs bouncing around to several different sites.

On 6/25/2019 at 10:07 PM, BigBaldBlk said:

There are a few social media sites I'm on, and a few I have no desire to join, but are you familiar with Linktree?  It's a smart way to link all of one's social media sites into one place.  There is nothing more frustrating trying to find out info on someone and have to bounce around to their SM sites only to find some are updated and some are not.  Linktree is a container for all SM sites.

Here is an example.  What are your thoughts?

Nice Im going to check it out ,, Hey BBB a big hi to you long time stranger .