edenver

I've been getting a LOT of flakes lately...

62 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2019 at 6:15 AM, Laci French said:

If I feel like I’m leading the conversation towards scheduling I will just delete.  There will be plenty of time to really get to know each other and connecting after the date is scheduled.

The gents need to realize we are getting so many messages a day that we cannot possibly chit-chat with everyone.   

^ 100% you should see my text records and I don't what text's from strangers ,  

On 6/29/2019 at 8:46 AM, Raven Layne said:

Right!!! 😂😂😂 And we LOVE one word introductions that are one word questions that are misspelled. I recently received this “de v?”  from someone. I am assuming that means Denver??? Or devil? Or Devon? Bueller, Bueller? Please gentleman, read our ads. I ask for specific info in mine. When I receive an introduction like the one I referenced above, it’s telling. First and foremost it tells me that person either can not or chooses not to follow directions. If I can’t trust a potential client to follow directions from the onset, how can I trust that he will do so in person? It’s common courtesy (or at a minimum should be) to introduce yourself with a name and some information about yourself. We do that outside of the hobby. Why should this be any different? When you call a Dr’s office for example, do you grunt “how much?” No, you probably introduce yourself, speak in full sentences, talk about availability, maybe share a pleasantry or 2. Whether on the client side or provider side, we all deserve to be treated with kindness, dignity and respect. We all have busy lives. Take the extra millisecond it takes to communicate effectively and respectfully. I guess the bottom line is, at a minimum, I’d rather spend my time with someone pleasant than well, an asshole. But that’s just me. 🤷‍♀️

I agree that clear communications are necessary for the hobby.

We also get phishing texts also like "I have had the flu and they gave me Tamaflu and I am fine now." Even burner phones have time and date stamps, Yes we can see it's the end of the month and know your the rent is due in three days. Many of us don't have the time or endurance for a texting marathon which ends up to be a waste of time for both parties. Several posts on time wasters.

Why not get to the point like " I have not seen you in a while, and would really Like to see you." 

Just my two cents worth.