Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RedIvy38

We all can use a mentor.

11 posts in this topic

I think many others may feel the same.

Having a mentor or mentors, in a number of different areas of life can be a very, very good thing.  Using their lived experience can help avoid some of the pitfalls of life.

Mentors can be a wonderful thing however there often are times that the world changes so quickly that makes such things impossible but of course it depends on the area you are seeking a mentor in of course....

Life is an apprenticeship.  First try to make sure that those  with whom you seek as a mentor, have made wise choices in life.  Everyone can teach you something but you should stick to those who keep you out of trouble.  Experience is the best teacher but sometimes we have to be burnt once in a while to make that clear to us.  The pain reminds us of the poor decision we made, so we won't do that again.

Agreed! From a provider's standpoint, multiple mentors for differently platforms has helped me. For example navigating TOB is much different than navigating Twitter. Screening clients through provider references vs screening clients through RW info also comes to mind. Don't be afraid to reach out. Not everyone is helpful, but a lot of us are.  If we don't have an answer for you, we can usually point you in the direction of someone else who might. 💙

if it helps one make smarter choices - may they choose the path of the mentor...

but there is a lot of mentoring built into universe if you look at it right, even from mistakes - but - in this hobby, the mistakes may have a different set of consequences, so i am all for leaning on those that have trudged the path before you to help you avoid the trippy spots along the way...

As I look back I think it would have been nice to have an NFL quarterback for a mentor in high school...a part of me wishes I would have kept at it cause I can throw pretty nice... what could have been.........oh well... I’m too damn ugly to be a quarterback anyway........🤣

A wise mentor could be ok I guess.....but I would MUCH rather have a wanton lover.

1 hour ago, Admiral C said:

A wise mentor could be ok I guess.....but I would MUCH rather have a wanton lover.

I love wontons too! 😁

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I love wontons too! 😁

Yes...I love eating wontons.....as in wanton lovers!!

On 6/29/2019 at 10:40 AM, average1 said:

Having a mentor or mentors, in a number of different areas of life can be a very, very good thing.  Using their lived experience can help avoid some of the pitfalls of life.

Only when they actually  listen. I gave up on mentoring long time ago.