Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldertruckguy-9225

Lots of fathers, but..

20 posts in this topic

it takes a special kind of guy to be a daddy. Happy Father's Day to all the guys who know what a privilege it is to be called daddy!!! 

Happy Fathers Day to all of you, enjoy the day. Filled with Love !  Call or visit your Dad!

8 hours ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

it takes a special kind of guy to be a daddy. Happy Father's Day to all the guys who know what a privilege it is to be called daddy!!! 

When you do the job right you'll be rewarded a thousand times over

My dad dies in a car accident at 46 a few years back. Fahers Day is always a bit emotional for me but, I still like o give shout outs to all the fathers out there!

8 hours ago, Crystyna said:

My dad dies in a car accident at 46 a few years back. Fahers Day is always a bit emotional for me but, I still like o give shout outs to all the fathers out there!

You have both my sympathy, and my thanks! 

13 hours ago, Crystyna said:

My sympathy too. May you have friends who can comfort you with their presence and hugs when you remember your father.

19 hours ago, Crystyna said:

My sympathies as well.  My Dad’s been gone almost 30 years, and yet there are times when it feels like he’s standing right next to me.

19 hours ago, Crystyna said:

Crystyna, like others here, offering sympathy.  It sucks to lose a parent that young.  And like some others, both my parents died many years ago.  I still miss them.  I really missed my dad this Father's Day, and he died 42 years ago.  I celebrated with some fond memories.  It was bittersweet.

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

My sympathies as well.  My Dad’s been gone almost 30 years, and yet there are times when it feels like he’s standing right next to me.

I feel the same way! Sometimes I see people on the street and for a second I think its him! I imagine it will always be that way!

1 hour ago, average1 said:

Crystyna, like others here, offering sympathy.  It sucks to lose a parent that young.  And like some others, both my parents died many years ago.  I still miss them.  I really missed my dad this Father's Day, and he died 42 years ago.  I celebrated with some fond memories.  It was bittersweet.

I think we never really move past loosing a loved one know matter how long they've been gone!

On 6/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, Crystyna said:

I think we never really move past loosing a loved one know matter how long they've been gone!

I think its all about the "First's" that one has to go through after a loved one passes away.

The 1st Thanksgiving, the 1st Christmas, the 1st Birthday without the loved one. Then all the first initial interaction with individuals that knew of him/her and how they want to communication with you about your loved one.

11 hours ago, Kaduk said:

I think its all about the "First's" that one has to go through after a loved one passes away.

The 1st Thanksgiving, the 1st Christmas, the 1st Birthday without the loved one. Then all the first initial interaction with individuals that knew of him/her and how they want to communication with you about your loved one.

If that loved one happened to be your SO there is another set of firsts one goes through - 1st date, 1st overnight, 1st significant relationship, ...

Depending on how long you’ve been out of the dating game, each of these can be scary.  Depending on how long you’ve been relying on the hobby for sex can effect this process.  The rules have changed!(*)

😨

(*) cue Bob Dylan in the background 😁

5 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

If that loved one happened to be your SO there is another set of firsts one goes through - 1st date, 1st overnight, 1st significant relationship, ...

Depending on how long you’ve been out of the dating game, each of these can be scary.  Depending on how long you’ve been relying on the hobby for sex can effect this process.  The rules have changed!(*)

😨

(*) cue Bob Dylan in the background 😁

Yes the rules have changed, however, I'm loosing my SO (53 years) to  Alzheimer's and it really hurts.

On 6/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, Crystyna said:

On 6/18/2019 at 10:53 AM, Crystyna said:

I agree with you totally this is my first Father’s Day without my dad and yes losing a parent at any age is difficult. Especially when you are young❤️ So sorry for your emotional pain! 

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, pointymoustache said:

Yes the rules have changed, however, I'm loosing my SO (53 years) to  Alzheimer's and it really hurts.

Sorry to hear it Pointy, that is a really rough one.  No personal experience, but several friends have been through it and it is rough.  Good luck, maybe someone can send you some Reiki.  I'm only able to send vibes, but I am.

On 6/26/2019 at 1:25 PM, pointymoustache said:

Sending Pointy as well as  Crystyna  Reiki. We all are going through trying times. Thank you BB

Om Shakti (the power of peace) 

Damn Comcast went down on me at my home and the electricity too off and on for the past couple of days. 

Wanted to get back to this link once more and say something along the lines that you don't need to know Reiki or anything magical to send healing vibes to people, animals, events in life. Sometimes just saying  Happy Birthday, Congratulations, Merry Christmas works wonders on us all! 

Blessings to you all with plenty of love from me!