Karmen7398

Just checking....?

17 posts in this topic

Thank you to all of you that are just checking on me. You know the guys that just want to ask if I'm available and then nothing else. Lmao anyone else been getting a lot of this. 

New or regular client text are you available? I respond yes, then crickets....so I can only assume that they are just checking on me. I think its sweet of them to be looking out for the well being of my availability. 

My words are not intended to be cruel, naive, or bare any I'll will. 

Karmen, you're too funny. This post gave me a good afternoon chuckle. Thank your schedule for checking in periodically, and letting us know all is well on its end. 😂😂😂

All the time for me too. Conversation is, “I will set something up once I get through, back from, over”. Then, there is No reply. I let it go! Should I check in on them I will wonder? I just don’t know what would be well received?

Sometimes with what we do I often think they there is absolutely no perception of time. Valid point taken thank you Karmen!

Hey, Karmen are you available? Good, glad to hear that... have a nice day 😘

Well at least you are in good spirits. The only  thing I can ad,  is how quick do you respond? It sounded pretty fast in your thread. I have been known to do that on P411 in the available now.  Thinking they were available NOW. Then hours later a response comes back when my time window is gone. In one case I had already gone to bed.

8 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

Well at least you are in good spirits. The only  thing I can ad,  is how quick do you respond? It sounded pretty fast in your thread. I have been known to do that on P411 in the available now.  Thinking they were available NOW. Then hours later a response comes back when my time window is gone. In one case I had already gone to bed.

I guess someone beat you to the pump 😋

I will admit that, especially when I am cancelled on with short notice, but actually any time I have a surprise window of time, I will shoot out multiple "Are you available for a 1:00 p.m. appointment today?" texts to a whole bunch of ladies.  Most actually reply "no," but some, obviously, don't reply for lots of good reasons.  Once I actually get a confirmed date though, I feel like I am honor bound to send a follow up "Sorry to have bothered you earlier, I have made plans, but looking forward to seeing you again soon" text to those who didn't respond,  just so it isn't the nasty crickets.  It only takes less than a minute, even if you have to send 8 or 9 (thanks to copy and paste).

OP - sorry that is not common practice.

5 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I will admit that, especially when I am cancelled on with short notice, but actually any time I have a surprise window of time, I will shoot out multiple "Are you available for a 1:00 p.m. appointment today?" texts to a whole bunch of ladies.  Most actually reply "no," but some, obviously, don't reply for lots of good reasons.  Once I actually get a confirmed date though, I feel like I am honor bound to send a follow up "Sorry to have bothered you earlier, I have made plans, but looking forward to seeing you again soon" text to those who didn't respond,  just so it isn't the nasty crickets.  It only takes less than a minute, even if you have to send 8 or 9 (thanks to copy and paste).

OP - sorry that is not common practice.

Nailed it.... I can tell you that from my former addiction to the former chatrooms of TOB. Many of the more experienced guys have endless examples of a "play window" conundrum. They carefully select a lady....contact her with a time....and then too late she says "sorry, not available". The guy misses his window. Often the lady says something like....." Thanks for your (10.am) contact about a (1:30 pm) session, but (as you might guess now at 12:45), I'm not available. How about the day after tomorrow at 2?" After a few of those, and guys change their approach. If they want a 1:30 pm session, they ask 5 girls they like about availability. As for who contacts them back, when that happens, who they book, and what contact occurs between the rest ....who knows.  This form of " scatter-gun booking" was increasing even long before the current FOSTA, Uncle Fester,  watered down review, multi-board closure times. An unfortunate consequence of regulating rules and restrictions....when everyone is treated the same...no one is treated as special.

BadBoy nailed it.

If you can't pre-book and are trying to schedule something same-day, then sometimes you have to cast a wide net at first to see who's actually available.

Edited by MikeInCOSprings

I am pretty good about responding quickly and I keep it a rule to not contact or respond back to any text that are sent to me if I I was not able to answer back within 30min to an hr at the latest. Unless something amusing Stands out. 

I guess I am in the minority. Probably because I need to have a plan in place, but I always reach out to the LL a minimum of 2 days ahead, and usually give them a multi hour window in which to choose a time that is most convenient for them, such as "... if you are available for a 2 hour appointment on Monday anytime between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM ..." Then  I can plan my "excuse" accordingly.

Alas, even this approach can often be met with the dreaded crickets.

Edited by whosyourdaty

1 hour ago, whosyourdaty said:

I guess I am in the minority. Probably because I need to have a plan in place, but I always reach out to the LL a minimum of 2 days ahead, and usually give them a multi hour window in which to choose a time that is most convenient for them, such as "... if you are available for a 2 hour appointment on Monday anytime between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM ..." Then  I can plan my "excuse" accordingly.

Alas, even this approach can often be met with the dreaded crickets.

I actually do the same 95% of the time. I actually sent an appointment request to a girl 2 weeks ahead of time once. She was local and she said no problem. Day of the meeting, no response.  So it doesn't matter, like you said crickets. I guess that is why they call this a hobby. Some girls don't treat it as a business. Which makes those that do, that much more appreciated. 

54 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

Some girls don't treat it as a business. Which makes those that do, that much more appreciated. 

Amen brother.

This thread is great and thank you for the laughs😂

The great men are out there and will find you.

I used to adopt the BB wide net tactic. As time moved on, things eventually turning into what they are now I would more often than not wind up with (sorry to put it this way) my third or fourth choice. Sometimes things worked out great, but sometimes I wound up finding it a disappointment. I’ve learned over time that maybe the Heinz ketchup commercial was right.....

Edited by Vassago
Fucking grammar