sparkey600

Good News, Probably Bad news

28 posts in this topic

The good news is during the Summer months I get hot a lot. Hot blooded? Yes probably. 

The bad news? I seemed to have done some damage to my ankle. I was watering some plants Thursday evening, and my ankle went "snap"... not good.... As I was in the back yard I crawled into the house, went to bed. Woke up, and didn't feel better. Short story, Urgent Care, X rays showed one of my ankle tendons didn't snap, but instead tore off the bone it was attached to. So now I'm wearing an ankle boot, icing my poor ankle and am walking on crutches or  with a cane... Icing is great (really feels good, that's the good part) and will see what my Podiatrist recommends this coming Wednesday. Surgery or let it heal on it's own. Nice that they give you a hint. Not!

Gods and fishes, it's going to be a freaking boring weekend for me laying on the couch...I'm not wired for being sedentary!

The ice feels good, like I've said before! I get hot a lot! 

18 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

The good news is during the Summer months I get hot a lot. Hot blooded? Yes probably. 

The bad news? I seemed to have done some damage to my ankle. I was watering some plants Thursday evening, and my ankle went "snap"... not good.... As I was in the back yard I crawled into the house, went to bed. Woke up, and didn't feel better. Short story, Urgent Care, X rays showed one of my ankle tendons didn't snap, but instead tore off the bone it was attached to. So now I'm wearing an ankle boot, icing my poor ankle and am walking on crutches or  with a cane... Icing is great (really feels good, that's the good part) and will see what my Podiatrist recommends this coming Wednesday. Surgery or let it heal on it's own. Nice that they give you a hint. Not!

Gods and fishes, it's going to be a freaking boring weekend for me laying on the couch...I'm not wired for being sedentary!

I'm sure you look sexy as ever. :D

Related image

That sounds horrible Sparkey. I cringe just thinking about it. Being sick or injured can be depressing, so I hope you're not down too long. Hang in there babe. Hopefully TOB will keep you entertained this weekend. Hugs. 😘

6 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Sparkey, so sorry this happened.  Ice will definitely be your friend.  And be prepared for some physical therapy.  I had something similar years ago and luckily it healed without surgery (after 8 weeks in cast, having broken bone into some pieces and tearing off a tendon).  The physical therapy after the cast came off was a pain, but very necessary to get strength and flexibility back (and rebuild my calf muscle, which had atrophied while the cast was on).  The good news is that it completely healed with no lasting effects, even years later.

Hope you take care of yourself, recover and heal fully.  Be prepared for some uncomfortable physical therapy...but it is worth doing.  Sending healing thoughts in your direction.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, that because of pain in your ankle, it would be medically indicated (for pain relief) to have some physical therapy of the horizontal kind with some lovely ladies.  ;)

Edited by average1
Spelling correction

Ugh! Yes - ICE is good!  My condolences.

As Average1 said, pay attention to your PT.  The only lasting effects from when they rebuilt my ankle are because of the hardware they left behind.

That's terrible I'm sorry! So will you be laid up for the whole summer? :(

Sorry to hear about your accident. Looks like you will have to cowgirl up for a bit. So let the girls do all the work or just a massage. What is really  needed, is a PT who also provides. Then you can write it off your taxes. 

20 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

Sorry to hear about your accident. Looks like you will have to cowgirl up for a bit. So let the girls do all the work or just a massage. What is really  needed, is a PT who also provides. Then you can write it off your taxes. 

Why didn't I think of that ?????  A great PT plan.  ;)

On 6/8/2019 at 0:36 AM, sparkey600 said:

Welcome to Netflix/Amazon/HBO/Stars my friend.

Been there done that. Good news, for me at least, I’m on the mend and you will be too hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Pour some scotch and watch some Umbrella Academy.

On 6/8/2019 at 0:55 AM, boink36 said:

Related image

Isn’t that how he got into this mess in the first place? I have to commend you though Sir, in the front lawn. You got a pair of giant brass on you.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:56 AM, Alex Majors said:

I want to just have them direct bill insurance. The problem is for each provider they'd need 3-4 billing employees to deal with the insurance companies.

...am glad you're on the mend...I'm sure you'll get into some trouble just sitting around... :D

giphy.gif

Sorry to hear about your injury and wish you a full and speedy recovery Sparky....

Sending reikiThinking of you Sparky! Hope you have your puppy close by for comfort! 😘😘

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

I've had sex with an ankle boot on. As long as your other "bone" is functional, you'll stay sane.

Sorry dude, but this is somewhat amusing since I smashed up my ankle with a bad landing in November (same exact injury, broken bones and torn off ligaments) and was in the big boot for three months and the little one for three more (I still wear a brace while skydiving).  What is amusing is that since I couldn't jump out of airplanes I had a lot more time and money on my hands and indulged a bit more in my other adrenaline sport.  I found the ladies to be extremely accommodating, and the sympathy seemed to add to the hotness.  After the first month or so you can take off the big boot for bedtime activities, but be careful, an overly enthusiastic cowgirl can cause significant pain :rolleyes:  The good news is that six months later I am good as new and my landings are much better (amazing what pain and injury can do to increase focus).

Let me give you two hints:  1) lots of CBD ointment!  2) lots of good physical therapy (do exactly what they say).

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

Sorry dude, but this is somewhat amusing since I smashed up my ankle with a bad landing in November (same exact injury, broken bones and torn off ligaments) and was in the big boot for three months and the little one for three more (I still wear a brace while skydiving).  ...

I remember when teammates had a leg injury they would take them up in a chopper and drop them into water to retain their jump pay.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:36 AM, sparkey600 said:

I’m so sorry.  Hoping you start feeling better soon. Much love😘

On 6/8/2019 at 5:34 AM, Hunter VanDyke said:

That sounds horrible Sparkey. I cringe just thinking about it. Being sick or injured can be depressing, so I hope you're not down too long. Hang in there babe. Hopefully TOB will keep you entertained this weekend. Hugs. 😘

Thanks Hon.

6 to 8 weeks in a boot. So much for riding Harley's this Summer. Pissed and feeling sorry for myself......... 

On 6/8/2019 at 0:55 AM, boink36 said:

Related image

I always look sexy,..Not to mention my thigh hi Boot!

6 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

And this is why I wish TOB allowed members to post selfies...so we can see you in your thigh highs 😂😍

On 6/8/2019 at 6:49 AM, average1 said:

Sparkey, so sorry this happened.  Ice will definitely be your friend.  And be prepared for some physical therapy.  I had something similar years ago and luckily it healed without surgery (after 8 weeks in cast, having broken bone into some pieces and tearing off a tendon).  The physical therapy after the cast came off was a pain, but very necessary to get strength and flexibility back (and rebuild my calf muscle, which had atrophied while the cast was on).  The good news is that it completely healed with no lasting effects, even years later.

Hope you take care of yourself, recover and heal fully.  Be prepared for some uncomfortable physical therapy...but it is worth doing.  Sending healing thoughts in your direction.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, that because of pain in your ankle, it would be medically indicated (for pain relief) to have some physical therapy of the horizontal kind with some lovely ladies.  ;)

Thanks bud.

You offer great words of wisdom. Ice for me is my friend. My podiatrist seems to think this injury is inoperable OK by me. 6 to 8 weeks in a boot and see where it goes from there..A goods thing....I get to hang out on my front porch, waving my cane in the air shouting ""Stay off my grass!!!" HAHAHAHA

Really, I'm taking it easy, icing a lot and hoping for the best. I'm not a good patient. Not good at all. I'm used to being very active, this is a very humbling injury for me to say the least...........  

5 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

And this is why I wish TOB allowed members to post selfies...so we can see you in your thigh highs 😂😍

OH Gods and Fishes....Good thing that they do not allow that!

If you would see me in my thigh high cast, you might faint from pure pleasure!

Thanks Mod's for protecting Hunter from passing out from my manly fractured ankles! God bless you!

21 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

My riding boots aren't quite so hi..........

Close, ankle support is good tough! HAHA 

On 6/8/2019 at 10:17 AM, Crystyna said:

That's terrible I'm sorry! So will you be laid up for the whole summer? :(

Unfortunately most of it...Drat!

On 6/9/2019 at 10:56 AM, Vassago said:

Welcome to Netflix/Amazon/HBO/Stars my friend.

Been there done that. Good news, for me at least, I’m on the mend and you will be too hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Pour some scotch and watch some Umbrella Academy.

My greatest regret is Yellowstone and Knightfall isn't streaming damn it! God, I hate sitting on the couch. I've been going to work Mon thru Fri but the weekends are killing me!

24 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

My greatest regret is Yellowstone and Knightfall isn't streaming damn it! God, I hate sitting on the couch. I've been going to work Mon thru Fri but the weekends are killing me!

I don’t know about Yellowstone but full episodes of Knightfall are on History.com. I’m assuming you have access to The History Channel by your tv service provider?

On 6/14/2019 at 7:57 PM, Laci French said:

I’m so sorry.  Hoping you start feeling better soon. Much love😘

Thanks Laci I appreciate it!