TheFinerThings

Pondering life and other random thoughts.....

12 posts in this topic

Hi gang!  It's been a long time since I've posted here.  Have to admit that during my recovery, I often lurked to keep up on the juicy gossip of TOB.  I also appreciate the well wishes I received from several of you fine people.

I'm back to my old self or perhaps I should say, my new self.  After my little health scare, I decided to take up a healthier lifestyle....started eating better and picked up running and mountain biking again.  Other than some strained muscles (yeah, I actually found a few) from running and a few bumps and bruises from mishaps on the bike trails, I'm better for it.

I thought I had decided that I was not going to come back to play again, because my priorities have shifted to things that I consider more important in the grand scheme...but then I'll get a message from a lovely lady from TOB and one of my heads tells me I should reconsider.  Oh, what to do?

Anyway, during my downtime, I had lots of time to ponder the meaning of life and other random thoughts.  This is the best I could do...

If a poison expires, is it more poisonous or no longer poisonous?

If you get "scared half to death" twice, do you die?

Do twins ever realize that one of them was unplanned?

Which letter is silent in the word "scent", the S or the C?

Why did Kamikaze suicide pilots wear helmets?

At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?

Perhaps I had too much free time.

Oh, and what the hell was with that ending on Game of Thrones?  Am I the only one who was disappointed?

Edited by TheFinerThings

6 minutes ago, TheFinerThings said:

Hi gang!  It's been a long time since I've posted here.  Have to admit that during my recovery, I often lurked to keep up on the juicy gossip of TOB.  I also appreciate the well wishes I received from several of you fine people.

I'm back to my old self or perhaps I should say, my new self.  After my little health scare, I decided to take up a healthier lifestyle....started eating better and picked up running and mountain biking again.  Other than some strained muscles (yeah, I actually found a few) from running and a few bumps and bruises from mishaps on the bike trails, I'm better for it.

I thought I had decided that I was not going to come back to play again, because my priorities have shifted to things that I consider more important in the grand scheme...but then I'll get a message from a lovely lady from TOB and one of my heads tells me I should reconsider.  Oh, what to do?

Anyway, during my downtime, I had lots of time to ponder the meaning of life and other random thoughts.  This is the best I could do...

Oh, and what the hell was with that ending on Game of Thrones?  Am I the only one who was disappointed?

Welcome back to the forums TheFinerThings. Seeing you post again has brightened my day.  So happy to hear you're happy, healthy, and back to being your adventurous self from your younger years. I missed you and your posts. 

Please no spolers for GOT! I'm only on season 7 episode 3. 🙏😁

2 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Welcome back to the forums TheFinerThings. Seeing you post again has brightened my day.  So happy to hear you're happy, healthy, and back to being your adventurous self from your younger years. I missed you and your posts. 

Please no spolers for GOT! I'm only on season 7 episode 3. 🙏😁

Hi, Hunter.  Good to see your smiling face, if only on your profile picture.  I promise, not another word about GOT.

Welcome back! You gave me a good chuckle.😂

Me too, that was a great reintroduction buddy, welcome back.  Are you doing ok?

3 hours ago, TheFinerThings said:

...but then I'll get a message from a lovely lady from TOB and one of my heads tells me I should reconsider.  Oh, what to do?

Welcome back and glad your recovery is going well.  Congrats on the lifestyle changes....what an inspiration.  And the part of your post that I bolded and italicized  might indicate that the Universe is inviting you back into some pleasurable times while you are still focusing on other important life priorities.

Take care and keep moving forward !!

It depends on the expiration date of the consumer.

Not if it's the same half both times.

Yes...all the time, but the both know it was "the other one".

That answer will cost you a penny. When I am sent a cent I will answer about scent.

Because they were extra soft in the head.

Both....otherwise, you get severe flatulence.

As for GOT...no spoilers from me...except that based on overwhelming public opinion of the ending, I'm damned glad I never watched it.

I liked your list.  So I have to answer this one. The kamikaze wore helmets to keep their heads warm of course. Those aircraft they piloted were not pressurized or heated. The traditional head gear was fur lined. 

5 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

I liked your list.  So I have to answer this one. The kamikaze wore helmets to keep their heads warm of course. Those aircraft they piloted were not pressurized or heated. The traditional head gear was fur lined. 

As I recall it also contained their comm gear.

8 hours ago, Admiral C said:

It depends on the expiration date of the consumer.

Not if it's the same half both times.

Yes...all the time, but the both know it was "the other one".

That answer will cost you a penny. When I am sent a cent I will answer about scent.

Because they were extra soft in the head.

Both....otherwise, you get severe flatulence.

As for GOT...no spoilers from me...except that based on overwhelming public opinion of the ending, I'm damned glad I never watched it.

Well played sir! 😂

The post and where from the ladies is one rEason I read. They are so welcoming and nicw.