Taximan

Do the ladies mind ?

104 posts in this topic

I haven’t up to now, so I want to know how the ladies feel about gentlemen coming to a date carrying a concealed weapon ?

From what I've gathered::

If you're legally allowed to carry your CCW, you will still need to check with the individual's carry policy. Many don't allow guests to bring a firearm, even a CCW, onto their property. Some ladies will require guests to surrender their firearms before entering the premises.

I almost always carry, but I also carry a shoulder bag (brief case).

Secondly I instruct personal protection and situational awareness. Discretion is the Key always. Most of the time in pillow talk they want to know what I do and then they want to know more. On future visits they feel very comfortable and on our out and abouts  they feel safe with me being prepared.

I have been asked to give short courses to interested providers at social gatherings, and have trained several of the ladies which sometimes they decide to be prepared at their locations.

I would think on a first visit, you could leave it at home. The ladies do have  quite a bit of cash and it could put a damper on  your date.  If you have had several repeat visits, then they might not think twice about you bringing a weapon into their incall. It is eventually up to each lady, as long as they are told in advance.

I must be from a different world..... i dont mind at all..... i was raised with a 100yd range in my basement..... ive shot everything from a bbgun to a barrett .50 cal.... 

If youre planning to harm me..... you better hope im dead after your first shot....😁 after that......the tables turn......

Not a problem, as long as you are a gentleman.  

Guess I don't get why anyone would want to bring a gun to an appointment .....?????

I'm a gun ownership advocate, however I can't see any reason to bring a gun to a first time appointment.  I would think it would make a lady very nervous.

5 minutes ago, SixtiesDude said:

Guess I don't get why anyone would want to bring a gun to an appointment .....?????

It’s not so much “want to bring a gun” (though there is the old “This is my rifle. This is my gun. ...” mantra), as it is “If you carry - you carry.”  It becomes a habit, like wearing a hat.

Just now, Bit Banger said:

It’s not so much “want to bring a gun” (though there is the old “This is my rifle. This is my gun. ...” mantra), as it is “If you carry - you carry.”  It becomes a habit, like wearing a hat.

How well I remember the "this is my rifle, this is my gun".  that rifle got very heavy after a few laps around training field and the damned DI's seemed to make us do it for just their enjoyment.

Concealed means concealed... oh wait.

OK, that still applies.  Full size 1911 or Glock 19 on the hip?  Probably bad form. 

This is a case for pocket carry, where you keep it in a holster like a Remora inside your pants pocket, and never let it leave the pocket.

Why carry?  Well as much as we like to say "well reviewed ladies only" where the safety factor is high, I know there's some who have no issue with those that don't get into reviews are more in the higher risk categories.  Even though in that category its still 99.9% perfectly safe, it's that 0.1% that it might not be a bad idea to carry.

I'm not comfortable with men I've never even met bringing knives, guns, weapons of any sort into my private space where we'll be spending time alone.  I would ask you to leave. That's just me though. Every lady has a different comfort level. As far as carrying...keys, phone, wallet, maybe a comb, maybe a gift, beverage, that's about it.

good post OP - no doubt this will vary from provider to provider and is a good topic to bring into awareness...

IMO, treat it like you would a trip to greece, manage in a one off environment, and get those boundaries established prior to meeting...

Thank you for the wise and measured responses. I think I’ll stick to my current practice of leaving my weapon in a safe in the vehicle. Seems to be the best practice. Taxi 🚕 

As a person that has very much investested in the firearms industry it is always interesting to see and hear the replies from all sides.  If you are carrying properly for the situation and respectful of others you will not offend any one.

36 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Concealed means concealed... oh wait.

OK, that still applies.  Full size 1911 or Glock 19 on the hip?  Probably bad form. 

This is a case for pocket carry, where you keep it in a holster like a Remora inside your pants pocket, and never let it leave the pocket.

There would be a few concerns. Dont leave your clothes,  bag etc. out of your sight. You dont want anyone going through them.  The other is with asian woman that want to help you get dressed.  They wonder why your pants are real heavy.  Every once in a while you run into some one that wants to help you undress.

Just remeber to respect other views. You have multiple choices:

1. Do not carry to an appointment. 

2. Discuss with the provider before seeing them. 

3. Carry concealed which means no one knows you are carrying.

Way all the advantages and consequences of each choice.

7 hours ago, Kaduk said:

From what I've gathered::

If you're legally allowed to carry your CCW, you will still need to check with the individual's carry policy. Many don't allow guests to bring a firearm, even a CCW, onto their property. Some ladies will require guests to surrender their firearms before entering the premises.

As for the legal stand point in Colorado it is up to the private business or individual to let visitors know prior to or upon the visit of their policies.  For a business it must be posted conspicuosly on every entrance. CCW laws is c.r.s. 18-12.

Just remember to secure the firearm in some fashion and dont just leave it your vehicle. I would be concerned with any valuables left in a vehicle at a hotel especially. 

We all want to feel safe so both sides enjoy our time together.

You’re in a small town restaurant in W.TX. As the waitress turns to place your order you notice the Glock hanging on her hip.  What do you do?

(*) Compliment on her choice of pistol, of course.  😁

14 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

You’re in a small town restaurant in W.TX. As the waitress turns to place your order you notice the Glock hanging on her hip.  What do you do?

(*) Compliment on her choice of pistol, of course.  😁

Tip well.

I think it is very important for gentlemen to understand this...if you bring a concealed weapon into a ladies incall, and did not let her know prior to entering her room, and she finds the weapon, there is a very high chance you will be blacklisted. I've seen this listed many times, backisting because the client brought a gun. 

OP this is a very good topic.  If a client chooses not to disclose this to me prior, and does not give me an opportunity to respect his choice to carry by simply declining the appointment in advance, I will be adding him to the blacklist as well. 

Respect goes both ways

new2hobbying beat me to it.   Shooters Grill,  Rifle CO.  

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/22/shooters-grill-rifle-waitresses-guns/

IMO it would be in bad taste to carry to your 1st meeting with a lady. Unless she knew you were going to be carrying before showing up and was OK with it. 

A couple years ago there was a gentleman open carrying at a outdoor car show.  It startled me for a moment.  Then I wondered what he was carrying.  Sometimes it is difficult to conceal carry in warm weather. 

DA/SA over striker fire. 

7 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

I would think on a first visit, you could leave it at home. The ladies do have  quite a bit of cash and it could put a damper on  your date.  If you have had several repeat visits, then they might not think twice about you bringing a weapon into their incall. It is eventually up to each lady, as long as they are told in advance.

My thinking is the opposite, a first visit is where you would want it in case something sketchy were to happen.  Once you have seen that provider and know the risks are non-existent then you could consider not bringing it. 

33 minutes ago, frankenthaler91 said:

new2hobbying beat me to it.   Shooters Grill,  Rifle CO.  

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/06/22/shooters-grill-rifle-waitresses-guns/

IMO it would be in bad taste to carry to your 1st meeting with a lady. Unless she knew you were going to be carrying before showing up and was OK with it. 

A couple years ago there was a gentleman open carrying at a outdoor car show.  It startled me for a moment.  Then I wondered what he was carrying.  Sometimes it is difficult to conceal carry in warm weather. 

DA/SA over striker fire. 

I will never understand why people choose to open carry, it's dumb.  

26 minutes ago, Bravo1 said:

My thinking is the opposite, a first visit is where you would want it in case something sketchy were to happen.  Once you have seen that provider and know the risks are non-existent then you could consider not bringing it. 

I've been robbed twice and stopped by LE once in about 20 years of hobbying. In all of those situations, if I had had a gun it would have gone a lot worse.

I'm not saying there's no case where a gun would save your life ... sure there is.

But being separated from your wallet is a much simpler problem than explaining why you're holding a gun and there's a dead person on the floor. I guess my point is - the chance of trouble is non-zero but the chance of life-and-death trouble is much much lower.

YMMV

1 hour ago, mountainrider33 said:

I'm not fond of Glocks, so my compliment would be disingenuous.  I'm partial to Sig Sauer.

Sorry, but my quick glance said:

• Automatic
  • NOT a 1911
  • 38 +/-8 cal

I used GLOCK as a generic term.

3 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I'm not comfortable with men I've never even met bringing knives, guns, weapons of any sort into my private space where we'll be spending time alone.  I would ask you to leave. That's just me though. Every lady has a different comfort level. As far as carrying...keys, phone, wallet, maybe a comb, maybe a gift, beverage, that's about it.

Yeah absolutely wouldn’t be okay with it. I would ask them to leave. There’s no reason to bring that into my private space 

I wonder what the legal ramifications would be to conceal carry to a first time appointment and that appointment just so happens to be a L.E. Bust? Or just how much more extra trouble you would be in?

Edited by Stang03

2 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

I never understood it for going around your normal day because if someone were to pull a gun to shoot, guess who their first target would be.  The assailant would take out the biggest threat first, which would be the dude open carrying.  I've done it for hiking alone with my dog, but it wasn't for protection against 2 legged creatures, just for making sure a mountain lion didn't take off with my dog.  If it's a popular trail then I don't worry about it.  

Yes EXACTLY!  The who point of carrying is so you have the element of surprise and wearing it on your hip for all to see takes that out of the picture.  I totally get open carry in the hills, no need to hide it there and you're not carrying to impress anyone there. 

If you are such a needle-dick pussy that you can't even go see a girl without a frigging gun stuck in your pants,  you deserve to go without sex the rest of your life.  I have lived in some very shitty parts of town, and have had several really shitty jobs (including night shift cashier at a rural truck stop) and never saw a need to carry anything other than my fists, and have never needed anything else (OK, a broken beer bottle, once).  If I was a gal and some creep brought a concealed gun into my apartment, I would do everything I could to make sure he never saw another girl.  If you ask her ahead of time, and she says "OK," that's a different story.

YMMV.

21 hours ago, Taximan said:

I haven’t up to now, so I want to know how the ladies feel about gentlemen coming to a date carrying a concealed weapon ?

First visit HELL NO!!!