StoneCross

RedRocks

17 posts in this topic

open your mind and be grateful and ready to receive...

there are few venues that deliver the experience like red rocks...

Whatever type of music you like is available.

Also they have a series of Film in the Rocks with different movies.

2 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Also they have a series of Film in the Rocks with different movies.

Now that would be a fun get together 💙

It used to be a hike way back. When I lived there in the 80s, I used to work out on the stairs. f you're coming from somewhere much lower,  beware of altitude and conditioning.  

Edited by Happymon
Clarity

If you come from the north arrive early and park in the upper north lot,  if you come from the south arrive early and park in the upper south lot,  did i mention arrive early? Otherwise it's a hike

21 minutes ago, timesnewroman said:

If you come from the north arrive early and park in the upper north lot,  if you come from the south arrive early and park in the upper south lot,  did i mention arrive early? Otherwise it's a hike

this! very true...

good advice...

They will check Any bags or fannypack you bring so keep your items Small and Be prepared to pay $14 per drink ;) No outside Drinks allowed In except Bottled water Filled with Vodka 😎

Be prepared for the weather. It can get very cool after the sun goes down on those May, June, September shows. If they predict rain be prepared. I have been caught up there during severe hail storms. No place to run and hide from severe weather.

Just take it all in!

23 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Now that would be a fun get together 💙

Have seen a few there! Great venue and acoustics ! Best one yet is a few years ago ... Purple Rain with opening tribute to Prince ! May try and go see Bohemian Rhapsody.    Phenomenal movie!! 

2 minutes ago, Imyrhklbry said:

Have seen a few there! Great venue and acoustics ! Best one yet is a few years ago ... Purple Rain with opening tribute to Prince ! May try and go see Bohemian Rhapsody.    Phenomenal movie!! 

Loved both those movies. I saw they're showing Ghostbusters too.  😁

22 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Loved both those movies. I saw they're showing Ghostbusters too.  😁

Which version ? Original with original cast or the most recent one ( Kind of stunk  in my opinion , very disappointed)

1 hour ago, Imyrhklbry said:

Which version ? Original with original cast or the most recent one ( Kind of stunk  in my opinion , very disappointed)

Original 

If you look at Stage Left, about 15 aisles back, and about 30 feet up, you can see a shelf sticking out of the sandstone. When we were in high school, when security was much more lax, we used to hike up to the top and rappel down to the shelf, and watch the concert for free. Had to stay sober, the shelf is tilted like the rest of the rocks. After the show, we just rappelled down into the crowd and walked out.

Fun times: Jethro Tull, Grateful Dead, etc. for free and the best seats in the house.

15 hours ago, Chrissy said:

They will check Any bags or fannypack you bring so keep your items Small and Be prepared to pay $14 per drink ;) No outside Drinks allowed In except Bottled water Filled with Vodka 😎

Or binoculars, filled with Jameson.

Thanks everyone for the input. I’ll see how this weekend goes. Have a Great Weekend