Calik8

Coffee, tea or energy drink?

49 posts in this topic

What do you drink to start your day?

what give you that boost in the morning?

Today I will need a whole pot of coffee, 6 inches of snow on the Palmer Divide.

Coffee!! I am finicky when it comes to my coffee. I grind a small amount every couple pf days so that the grounds are as fresh as possible. NO cream, NO sugar. In fact it's time for another cup.

11 minutes ago, oldertruckguy-9225 said:

Coffee!! I am finicky when it comes to my coffee. I grind a small amount every couple pf days so that the grounds are as fresh as possible. NO cream, NO sugar. In fact it's time for another cup.

Personally sugar and cream girl.

😊

I don't like tea or coffee and I try and watch the amount of sugar I drink.

For me, just tap water.

A black cup of coffee, as hot as I can drink it. It is my morning ritual. 

Usually tea unless I'm really tired, then it's several cups of coffee. Good morning Calik8. Good morning TOB fam. 💙

Morning is always coffee no cream no sugar I have a company that roast it to my order and I grinded fresh. At least a pot sometimes too. A happy happy morning to

Coffee.  Black.  The first thing.  Everyday.  

Haven't had coffee in over 40 years. Tea for me please. And none of that Celestial Season stuff. 

Coffee a little sugar and then repeat three times

I am sure you are baby girl!

10 hours ago, Calik8 said:

Personally sugar and cream girl.

😊

in all honesty i have never actually had one of those red bulll monster etc. energy drinks....

are they worth it - will my head explode?  the one on top of my shoulders i mean;)

13 minutes ago, hornyoldtoad said:

in all honesty i have never actually had one of those red bulll monster etc. energy drinks....

are they worth it - will my head explode?  the one on top of my shoulders i mean;)

Naah,  when I moved one time it took over 36 straight hours, loading the truck, driving, unloading the truck, returning the truck, etc.  Towards the end I was banging down a Red Bull about every hour, probably had 10 within one day - no real issues except the nasty crash when it all wore off.

Is Jolt Cola still a thing?   "All the sugar and twice the caffeine!"

Depends on workout of the day. If jogging, Gatorade, then coffee once showered. If gym, coffee as soon as up.

I like dark roast 8 O'CLOCK nothing in it unless my pot makes it too hot then just a drop of cool water.

Wow so many good things to drink in the morning ❤️❤️

BCAA energy drink, no sugar, just natural caffeine/green tea extracts.

Two cups of locally roasted dark Italian style coffee and a Tablespoon of Metamucil in a glass of water. 

2 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Is Jolt Cola still a thing?   "All the sugar and twice the caffeine!"

i remember this - wow - that stuff was awesome...

for a little while...

then crash and burn mav...

3 hours ago, Happymon said:

Two cups of locally roasted dark Italian style coffee and a Tablespoon of Metamucil in a glass of water. 

I like my Coffee and Metamucil also in the morning...

We know what to do to keep us REGULAR....Lol 

On 5/21/2019 at 5:34 AM, Calik8 said:

What do you drink to start your day?

what give you that boost in the morning?

22 hours ago, hornyoldtoad said:

22 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Naah,  when I moved one time it took over 36 straight hours, loading the truck, driving, unloading the truck, returning the truck, etc.  Towards the end I was banging down a Red Bull about every hour, probably had 10 within one day - no real issues except the nasty crash when it all wore off.

When I was working nights, we ran out of coffee on our unit. No Starbucks open at that time of night, only choice was an energy drink from the vending machine. When I tried to sleep the next day, tossed and turned all day in my bed, got maybe 2 hours of sleep and had to go back in the next night. So now, I stay away from "energy drinks" unless I'm in a situation like BadBoy's and coffee has lost it's effect. Also, have you seen the ingredients on an "energy drink"? Besides having a ginormous amount of sugar and caffeine, I had to google the ingredients to be certain they wouldn't cause me a heart attack.:confused:

Coffee and two or three tablespoons of heavy cream! I really like Caraboo Vanilla or Starbucks Columbian. 

17 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

When I was working nights, we ran out of coffee on our unit. No Starbucks open at that time of night, only choice was an energy drink from the vending machine. When I tried to sleep the next day, tossed and turned all day in my bed, got maybe 2 hours of sleep and had to go back in the next night. So now, I stay away from "energy drinks" unless I'm in a situation like BadBoy's and coffee has lost it's effect. Also, have you seen the ingredients on an "energy drink"? Besides having a ginormous amount of sugar and caffeine, I had to google the ingredients to be certain they wouldn't cause me a heart attack.:confused:

I have had a couple of medical professionals tell me to stay away from red bull because of what it does to your heart.