Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marilyn Desire

Memorial Weekend

38 posts in this topic

With Memorial weekend around the corner I found out that people can actually rent boats at the Pueblo Reservoir. Needless to say I rented one and are so excited to spending memorial weekend on the lake with my friends and fam! What plans do you guys have? Any traditions?

9 hours ago, Sexy Francesca said:

I am going to the gulf of California.aka Arizona’s beach!!   This will be my first time to get a paddleboard there and I am super stoked have a great weekend  😊

That sounds like so much fun! Enjoy girl!

Rafting weekend here on the Arkansas River. Camp out and relax under the stars. Enjoy your time on the boat, sounds fun too. 

I will be spending  memorial Day weekend in Manhattan.  I have the ballet planned for Monday, and  walking to all my favorite places to eat... Bagels, coffee, croissants, and my favorite calzones.  

High School graduation parties for my grandchildren and was going to be a rolling stone concert oh well on that one

Back 2 Florida For Me. Beaches, Sun, Sand, And so many Beautiful Women 2 Look At😁😉

Good Food 2

What I like most about summer is that no matter where you go, or what you do, it is sundress and bare legs season.  BadBoy be happy B)

KsSf1i2.jpg

6 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

was going to be a rolling stone concert oh well on that one

Jagger had a heart operation,takes a while to recover from that.

Peoples Fair was canceled for the first time in 47 years....that was a surprise.

Heading to Austin for Austin City Limits show and just chilling in the Texas heat.

Camping with friends.  Eating to much food and enjoying every bite.  Playing some music by campfire.  Napping, at least one afternoon, in the shade.  Come home smelling like a campfire with a smile on my face.  :)

First and foremost I call one of my best friends and thank the Colonel for 25 years, 9 tours and everything he and everyone in our services do for our country.  And we’re grateful he made it to have that conversation as so many don’t; and we raise our glass to those who fell. 

Then because I travel weekly for work and am home so little.   Long weekends give me a chance to truly decompress at home. Time with family.  Recharge.  Lots of doggie time. Good food.  

And there’s a long to do list.  I usually look it over and pick 2:)

Sounds like everyone has some great plans! I love it when the weather warms up and people start coming together to socialize or have parties. I am a social butterfly so I would be having backyard barbecues every weekend if I could!

On 5/15/2019 at 0:44 PM, E.J.England said:

Back 2 Florida For Me. Beaches, Sun, Sand, And so many Beautiful Women 2 Look At😁😉

Good Food 2

Im so jealous! Have a blast doll 😊

On 5/16/2019 at 11:16 AM, Crystyna said:

Sounds like everyone has some great plans! I love it when the weather warms up and people start coming together to socialize or have parties. I am a social butterfly so I would be having backyard barbecues every weekend if I could!

Too bad you’re so far away! I am super social too and I love some barbecue!! 

Since I will be in NYC for memorial day, I will be going to Fort Logan before I leave to say thank you to all our military and their families.  I will leave a penny for the ones I have loved.

On 5/14/2019 at 10:32 PM, Crystyna said:

With Memorial weekend around the corner I found out that people can actually rent boats at the Pueblo Reservoir. Needless to say I rented one and are so excited to spending memorial weekend on the lake with my friends and fam! What plans do you guys have? Any traditions?

Love Pueblo Res!

Have a GREAT TIME! YAY!

16 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Just hanging out at home.

One of my favorite things!

Me for one lost a big ass tree last Fall. Soooooo....I'm shelling out 600 bucks to have the honor of planting a 18 foot tall tree in my back yard. OUI, the birds will love me for this, my back has other other plans for "thanking me" for doing this. Is there a price to ratio you can put on shade and bird habitat? 

HAHAHA I don't think so either! Birds can be so fickle!  

I usually do the Boulder Bolder and hoping to this year as well but have to get this Plantar Fasciitis healed up first....

On 5/15/2019 at 0:26 PM, airamericavet65 said:

was going to be a rolling stone concert oh well on that one

Its been rescheduled,tickets for the original date are being honored. Denver is now Aug 10. Nice that Jagger recovered from his heart surgery so quickly.

47 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

... Nice that Jagger recovered from his heart surgery so quickly.

If just a stent and you’re otherwise healthy, recovery is just a week or two.  😏

If it was a bypass or valve job, MONTHS! 🥵

But in either case the relief is almost immediate.  It’s recovering from the surgery itself that takes time.

(Yes, I’ve got the T-shirt & the ball cap.)

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Love Pueblo Res!

Have a GREAT TIME! YAY!

Thank you!!

We always have an all islands, locals only picnic to celebrate the departure of the snowbirds on their annual northern migration. 

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

If just a stent and you’re otherwise healthy, recovery is just a week or two.  😏

If it was a bypass or valve job, MONTHS! 🥵

But in either case the relief is almost immediate.  It’s recovering from the surgery itself that takes time.

(Yes, I’ve got the T-shirt & the ball cap.)

Wish stroke recovery was as fast.

58 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Wish stroke recovery was as fast.

Me too!

The real key is how much damage (dead heart muscle or brain tissue) the clot caused.

We’re still pulling for you, JR.

On 5/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, Happymon said:

We always have an all islands, locals only picnic to celebrate the departure of the snowbirds on their annual northern migration. 

That is the most unique thing I have ever heard of! So cool

On 5/16/2019 at 11:28 PM, sparkey600 said:

One of my favorite things!

Me for one lost a big ass tree last Fall. Soooooo....I'm shelling out 600 bucks to have the honor of planting a 18 foot tall tree in my back yard. OUI, the birds will love me for this, my back has other other plans for "thanking me" for doing this. Is there a price to ratio you can put on shade and bird habitat? 

HAHAHA I don't think so either! Birds can be so fickle!  

So I bought a tree.... beyond my thoughts on how much a tree should cost. dug the hole...2x the diameter of the root ball (back is hurting) back filled it with the compost the nursery told me to do and root simulator also (back is telling me I'm a freaking asshole) And tonight it snows? Thanks CO. Just what I and my new tree needed. I'll be up a couple times shaking the  snow off of it. Not to mention the 3 rose bushes as well. Mother's day used to be a safe time to plant now I'm thinking the weekend after Memorial weekend?   

My wife used to say Mothers’ Day was only 50/50. 🤐

—EDIT—

I arrived last night. My unloading schedule - took a massive hit.  Finding a place to park my trailer w/in 5 days - took a hit.

UGH 😡❄️💧

Edited by Bit Banger

Pueblo Reservoir is nice, but can be really crowded on weekends and holidays. Couple of times each year I rent one of the pontoon boats and take a group of old veterans out for the day.

You know the old saying: Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he spends the rest of his life riding around in a boat and drinking beer.