Calik8

What do u do for r&r?

40 posts in this topic

I second the Museum of Science. I liked the intact u-boat that they have there. It is hard to believe that many men lived in that tiny thing for several months. Also the deep dish pizza and food in Greek town.

9 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

I second the Museum of Science. I liked the intact u-boat that they have there. It is hard to believe that many men lived in that tiny thing for several months. Also the deep dish pizza and food in Greek town.

Yep, the U-boat is something to see.  And you are so right about the food in Greek town.

Run (Okay...mosey) or Hike any trail I can find.  Then I hit Golds to try and pretend that I'm not falling apart (no matter how hard I thrash, Im still just treading water).

Beyond that I just try to find something new each week to see or do. Not as successful at this endeavor as I'd like to think I am.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:25 AM, Happymon said:

Believe it or not, I've always enjoyed remunerative activities as much as I do f'ing off, so I've never really differentiated. Confinement, an employee handbook and routine would be bigger problems for me. Currently, I live in a place many save for years to enjoy as I do daily.  Now, if they'd all just go home....

And that's we us mortal humans are jealous of you!

1 hour ago, mustang said:

Photography, SCUBA diving, fly fishing or camping

Scuba diving and Harley's are top in my book! Dive Master here, Harley Master? is there a certification for that?

Power walk hard twice around Sloan’s and I also started journaling in the evenings. Staying away from electronics as much as possible. 

5 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Power walk hard twice around Sloan’s and I also started journaling in the evenings. Staying away from electronics as much as possible. 

Kali, do certain toys count as "electronics" ??  ;)

On 5/13/2019 at 6:54 PM, average1 said:

Chrissy, lots of great things to see and do in Chicago.  The Field Museum of Natural History, then walk under Lakeshore Drive to the Shedd Aquarium.  South of there is the Museum of Science and Industry (I'm a museum guy).  The Art Museum is great.  If you are a baseball fan, catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.  Though it's been many years, there were some great jazz and blues clubs in the area around Water Street.  If you like tall buildings, check out the Hancock building (though I think it changed names) or Sears Tower.  Great restaurants, great local pizza and try a Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwich (we have one place in Denver that is as good as I have had since leaving Chicago).

And I get it....traveling can be a blast, but so can coming home.

Its not called the Sears tower anymore. IKR!! It is now the WILLIS TOWER.. After the New Owners..

I did go to the Cubs game

15 innings 2-1 and Rainy :( 

Fannie Mae candies, Ate Chicago,dogs and pizza and the Beef Eater LOL.

But I must agree coming home is the best!

I left and there was Snow, Now its 80 degrees! So glad my bed Missed me, Its been A Loooong 7 weeks:)

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

Its not called the Sears tower anymore. IKR!! It is now the WILLIS TOWER.. After the New Owners..

I did go to the Cubs game

15 innings 2-1 and Rainy :( 

Fannie Mae candies, Ate Chicago,dogs and pizza and the Beef Eater LOL.

But I must agree coming home is the best!

I left and there was Snow, Now its 80 degrees! So glad my bed Missed me, Its been A Loooong 7 weeks:)

Glad you are home safe.😏😎