Calik8

What do u do for r&r?

40 posts in this topic

Okay happy to be back from my month of healing and rest!

what do you when you need to recharge

Glad you are back, you have been missed.

Great friends, good food, and wonderful conversation always seems to give me a boost when I need it.

I read 2 hours minimum daily, obviously fishin and hunting, born and raised in Denver, rush hour traffic soothes me too :rolleyes:

go on a trip with friends, go camping and fishing with my dogs or just hang out in my woodshop.

Long naps.

Long walks with dog and head phones 

Quiet time to myself. 

Sun, sand and a good drink with a double shot of coconut rum (drink optional).

Be outside, walk my dogs, ride my horses or laugh with family and friends. 

I meditate each morning and night and that brings me peace and calm. 

Most days a little time with the dogs will right the ship.  

But.

When I’m really burned out and need a hard reset,I head to a beach somewhere and tune out, unplug, eat well, rest more, exercise some, read, and try to relearn what matters most.  

Believe it or not, I've always enjoyed remunerative activities as much as I do f'ing off, so I've never really differentiated. Confinement, an employee handbook and routine would be bigger problems for me. Currently, I live in a place many save for years to enjoy as I do daily.  Now, if they'd all just go home....

Jumping out of airplanes.  It's amazing how it instantly focuses your mind on the present and allows everything else to fade away (a lot like fly fishing, but with adrenaline).

Travel.... Turn off the GPS and just get lost in my new location.... You can find the most amazing hidden treasures when you are not looking for them....

Being ojutside in the sunshine, working (riding and training) my horses, at the end of the day a good cigar and bourbon.

I get in my truck and disappear for a few hours. I drive the back country and see what is off the beaten path.  There is more than you think. It is calming.  Then I have to turn my phone back on and deal with everyone else's problems for 7 days a week. This keeps me sane

5 hours ago, Happymon said:

Currently, I live in a place many save for years to enjoy as I do daily.  Now, if they'd all just go home....

Everybody??

Image result for super hot beach babes

14 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Everybody??

Image result for super hot beach babes

I am sure there are always exceptions. Permission to come aboard. 

This is another thread where I will run out of rep points because people are sharing so many great ways to unwind and refresh.

I always have big ideas for R&R, but my reality is pretty mundane.  Reading, some good Netflix, washing and waxing the car, playing gigs....oh, and what really refreshes me, unwinds me and improves my attitude and outlook toward life is seeing a nice lady for some special shared pleasures.

Travel someplace preferably someplace out of the way where there's good hikes and plenty of good scenery

Me?

I have it in my blood to visit family first and foremost. My mom in NE Nebraska My wife's mom and children in central Idaho. And all our other family from Texas to Minnesota that too...... We love all of our extended family's no mater where they live and try to visit them often.We take our dog on these trips. Our passion?

Scuba diving and riding our Harley's..  Two very differed hobbies, I know but two different things we enjoy together as well!

I like to cry and curse my neighbors. Eventually I pass out, exhausted. I wake up the next morning (or the same one, depends) and for 30 seconds I forget about what the fuck upset me so much last night (earlier this morning, depends).

Well, rest period over. Until tomorrow morning for another 30 seconds. 

Oh yeah and when I masterbate throughout the day. Good times.

I read, play guitar, talk the car out and drive it "spiritedly" on a twisty road.

My transitions from winter quarters to Denver (and visa versa) are a chance to recharge.  Right now I’m in the Big Bend area. 3mi hike & didn’t see a soul.

On 5/9/2019 at 8:10 PM, Calik8 said:

Okay happy to be back from my month of healing and rest!

what do you when you need to recharge

Currently in Chicago winding down. Only playtime Is all the Tourist crap I am doing and eating LOL... But the Michigan Lake Tour is nice :) ...still can't wait to be home in my own Bed!#! Glad your back @Calik8 ;)

go for a hike, go to yoga, gym, read a book play with my dog.. and every 3 months I have a quick "get away" so I get something that I am "looking forward!'

8 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Currently in Chicago winding down. Only playtime Is all the Tourist crap I am doing and eating LOL... But the Michigan Lake Tour is nice :) ...still can't wait to be home in my own Bed!#! Glad your back @Calik8 ;)

Thank you ❤️

And to all of you it sounds like we all have great ideas to get some r&r

Love going to my homes in Pasadena and Denver, always refreshing to have a change of 4 walls and the different recreations each city offers. Especially in their live music scenes.  (Love being on the Santa Monica pier,when friends call bitching about the snow and ice in Colorado )

On 5/10/2019 at 10:34 AM, Raine-7379 said:

Travel.... Turn off the GPS and just get lost in my new location.... You can find the most amazing hidden treasures when you are not looking for them....

This ^^^

23 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Chrissy, lots of great things to see and do in Chicago.  The Field Museum of Natural History, then walk under Lakeshore Drive to the Shedd Aquarium.  South of there is the Museum of Science and Industry (I'm a museum guy).  The Art Museum is great.  If you are a baseball fan, catch a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.  Though it's been many years, there were some great jazz and blues clubs in the area around Water Street.  If you like tall buildings, check out the Hancock building (though I think it changed names) or Sears Tower.  Great restaurants, great local pizza and try a Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwich (we have one place in Denver that is as good as I have had since leaving Chicago).

And I get it....traveling can be a blast, but so can coming home.