Princesss

Any cool bar recommendations with live music?

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys, it’s my first time being in denver during the Spring season, I was curious if anyone (now that it’s warming up) could make any recommendations for any bars/lounges with a neat atmosphere, outside patio area, or that hosts live music in the dtc area? but don’t mind if it’s in another neighborhood. :) Thank you in advance, hope everyone’s enjoying this weather! 

In DTC there's Baker Street Pub right off Belleview.  They have live music and a patio.  They feed the live music to the patio.

The cuisine is bar food, okay if you don't mind that everything is prepared using Canola and vegetable oils like 99.99% of all restaurants. 

I live in DTC, and in my humble opinion, the best way to find a good, fun, bar with good live music is to hop on our very nice Light Rail and go downtown.  If you want to find out what is happening in all of Denver, go to any independent coffee shop (not Starbucks) and pick up a copy of "Westword" which is our local entertainment and leftie news weekly - it has everything listed and is free (not to mention a pretty good read).

Have fun!

17 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

... pick up a copy of "Westword" which is our local entertainment and leftie news weekly - it has everything listed and is free (not to mention a pretty good read).

It’s amazing. The WestWord thrives on advertising alone, and yet the DP limps along charging their subscribers .  🥴

BTW: The DP also slants left. 😱

Cinco de Mayo is at City Center Park, lots of music, food, no admission all day Saturday & Sunday. Maybe try LoDo's in Highlands Ranch, live music this weekend. DIfferent bands. 1st Friday, SantaFe Art District.  For starters. 

Have fun!

DP business is so bad,they laid off most of their staff and moved their offices to their printing plant. No surprise considering ....

As for live music,if you go outside of the DTC,I can very much recommend the Buffalo Rose for national acts indoors and for the best in local acts on their patio.

www.brothersbar.com/lonetree Quebec & c470R -- Recommend musical talent to them or if you are musical, inquire about playing there -- brothers.lonetree@fortneycompanies.com

RobustoRoom-  http://www.therobustoroom.com/#weekly-events they don't have local musicians scheduled at the moment, but I bet they would.... They have karaoke and dj nights.

View House Fridays starting May 24 - https://m.facebook.com/events/644619935987442

Lila B's @ the Landmark lilablounge.com/music/

La Cour on Broadway is a cool place if you are looking for a live jazz and chill environment.

Ophelia’s electric soap box, Nocturne, grizzly rose, Herman’s hideaway, hi dive and last time I was at the crimson room there was live music there. Denver doesn’t have the best live music scene in my humble opinion, but there are options! I love all music live. Seriously, like all of it. 

Oops none of my options are in dtc. Dtc isn’t known for its night life. 

Oh, and if you wanna see some super weird shit head down to Cervantes. 🤣 

On 5/6/2019 at 7:46 AM, Just Jos said:

Denver doesn’t have the best live music scene in my humble opinion, but there are options! I love all music live. Seriously, like all of it. 

Depends on what you like. There are tons of cover bands and tribute acts...which I find boring. But there are a lot of musicians performing their original music that are really really good. Seek out Wendy Woo,Melissa Ivy,Austin Young and Dan Treanor in Westword for their live shows. Westword does an annual showcase for local acts that do original music that is a lot of fun. I wrote for Colorado Music Buzz for a year about our local music scene and saw and heard damn good music in just about every genre...blues,jazz,rock, soul,country etc.