Laci French

What’s your ATF book to recommend??

56 posts in this topic

Stormy day here in Edmond and perfect day to read a great book.  What is that one book you read that you would recommend?  

On another note does anyone want to have a long distance book club?.....damn I’m old😂

I like almost any Stephen King or Dean Koontz, which are perfect rainy day books since the gloomy atmosphere adds to the book.

Also just cause I watched the movie, I loved the Davinci Code. 

Long distance book club could be fun.

So many authors for Pure fiction and fun like Tom Clancy Clive Cussler Jean m auel or more factual authors such as David McCullough or Joseph Persico or Doris Kearns Goodwin any time you have the opportunity to enjoy a book life is better

Try the Whiskey Rebellion 4 some interesting insight into life at the start of this country

Time Enough for Love, by RA Heinlein.

Stranger in a Strange Land, ibid

Outlander, by Gabaldon 

Letters From The Earth ~ Mark Twain

A real eye opener for those who do not realize what a genius Samuel Cements was. 

Also,  The Complete Annotated Sherlock Holmes  ~ Arthur Conan Doyle 

No AtF but here are a few good ones

A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini

The Dark Towers Series - Stephen King. I still feel so bad for all the people who passed away before he finished the series. That's the worst. 😢

For those of you that like a good Dracula book. The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova

4 hours ago, Laci French said:

Stormy day here in Edmond and perfect day to read a great book.  What is that one book you read that you would recommend?  

On another note does anyone want to have a long distance book club?.....damn I’m old😂

I happen to be a Stephen King fan and I really enjoyed The Long Walk... great story, it’s basically about the ultimate competition...

Sanford and Grisham fav writer's. Koonz, Connelly, Baldacci and Lee Child, round out a few. I'm mostly into action detective type stories. Doesn't matter male or female 1st person character. 

cosmic banditos is a fantastically fanciful read that you can knock out in a couple days...

perhaps i was possessed recently but some odd form of gluttony took the reins of choice and i and waded through catcher in the rye and animal farm, highly recommend both...

I just finished the 5 Game of Thrones books. I thought that was the end, but there are 2 more coming.

5 minutes ago, Bigguy said:

I just finished the 5 Game of Thrones books. I thought that was the end, but there are 2 more coming.

I didn't realize those were books before the tv show. Never watched the show but curious how the books compare

American Tabloid by James Elroy, just a great throwback to the Camelot/JFK era. 

I agree w/ mountainrider, Angels&Demons was that one book I read in one sitting. By far better than DVC, but I am probably bias as I read it first. Course the books are always better than the movies... Now that's a topic for a thread...lol..

Although if anyone has a sense of nostalgia for the 80's and the video game era, Ready Player One was fantastic. I listened to it, narrated by Will Weaton, and really enjoyed it. Find myself listening to more books than reading now a days. 

36 minutes ago, K2dnvrfun said:

I didn't realize those were books before the tv show. Never watched the show but curious how the books compare

No GOT Spoiler's

I'm only into season 4 episode 7.

So any one who divulges spoiler info pertaining to season 4 and beyond will be banished to Castle Black to begin their Nights Watch and will have to take the oath.

20 minutes ago, scars&staples said:

American Tabloid by James Elroy, just a great throwback to the Camelot/JFK era. 

I agree w/ mountainrider, Angels&Demons was that one book I read in one sitting. By far better than DVC, but I am probably bias as I read it first. Course the books are always better than the movies... Now that's a topic for a thread...lol..

Although if anyone has a sense of nostalgia for the 80's and the video game era, Ready Player One was fantastic. I listened to it, narrated by Will Weaton, and really enjoyed it. Find myself listening to more books than reading now a days. 

Interesting I read Davinci Code first and couldn't get through Angles. May have to try it again.

Two really "page turners):

The Hate U Give

Where the Crawdads Sing

5 hours ago, Kaduk said:

No GOT Spoiler's

I'm only into season 4 episode 7.

So any one who divulges spoiler info pertaining to season 4 and beyond will be banished to Castle Black to begin their Nights Watch and will have to take the oath.

13ypfft.gif

Thank you all for the great suggestions.  

I highly recommend the untethered soul. 

3 minutes ago, Laci French said:

I highly recommend the untethered soul. 

A great book it must be read several times and reviewed often but full of positive

23 hours ago, Laci French said:

The Dogs of Babel.

The Lovely Bones.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:08 AM, Laci French said:

I do!!! But you gotta like reading Gritty MC romance :) there is 5 of us who can not get enough!! 

On 4/30/2019 at 1:00 PM, Bit Banger said:

Stranger in a Strange Land, ibid

Second!

The 'Black Tide Rising' series by John Ringo

The 'Monster Hunter International' series by Larry Correia

19 minutes ago, lowboy said:

Second!

The 'Black Tide Rising' series by John Ringo

The 'Monster Hunter International' series by Larry Correia

Second for just about anything by John Ringo, but I prefer his Paladin of Shadows series.  Many of the themes are darker than most main stream authors.

2 hours ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

White Oleander 

I liked the movie. I didnt realize it was a book.  Need to check it out. 💙