Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IMNobody

Riding...

35 posts in this topic

I've noticed a number of fellow bikers here on TOB. Being in the mountains above Colorado Springs I enjoy getting out in the back country where the cars are few and the views are plentiful riding my 99 V-star Classic.. I've been doing the loop out to Guffey, over to Hartsel and back as well as out to Canon City occasionally. What are you riding and where's your favorite place to ride for a day trip?

maxresdefault.jpg

Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec

She may be a scooter, but she is NOT speed limit challenged.

My favorite riding is the Ozarks 😁

Edited by Bit Banger

18 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec

Agree.  One of the best kept secrets for cruising. I try to include a visit to Eureka Springs during my yearly visit.

24 minutes ago, inkspot said:

Agree.  One of the best kept secrets for cruising. I try to include a visit to Eureka Springs during my yearly visit.

I make an annual visit to AR for a scooter rally. A week of riding those hills & curves. Beats any ride I’ve found in CO. 😁

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

I make an annual visit to AR for a scooter rally. A week of riding those hills & curves. Beats any ride I’ve found in CO. 😁

Man, you’re a BBB alumni huh? The ride out to Eureka is so much fun and relaxing. Really that entire area is especially when you get into some of the switchbacks in the forested parts. 

People talking about my state.... september is QUICKLY approaching and Bikes Blues &BBQ is SO MUCH FUN!!!

I was raised in the Ozarks! They are definitely beautiful!!

Bubbas BBQ in eureka is a MUST! 

2 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

People talking about my state.... september is QUICKLY approaching and Bikes Blues &BBQ is SO MUCH FUN!!!

I was raised in the Ozarks! They are definitely beautiful!!

Bubbas BBQ in eureka is a MUST! 

Don’t forget pizza at Chelsea’s, scotch eggs at the Cat House Lounge, dinner at Cafe Amore, or the views at the Crescent House.

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Don’t forget pizza at Chelsea’s, scotch eggs at the Cat House Lounge, dinner at Cafe Amore, or the views at the Crescent House.

I dont like eggs but cat house has GREAT burgers! .... cafe amore is okay.... rockin pig saloon is pretty good too. Have you done the ghost tours at the crescent? Im a scaredy cat! 😂

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

I dont like eggs but cat house has GREAT burgers! .... cafe amore is okay.... rockin pig saloon is pretty good too. Have you done the ghost tours at the crescent? Im a scaredy cat! 😂

No, but we did the illusionist show last year.

Classic Honda Magma, early ride to Estes Park for breakfast, followed by a nice ride into RMNP and a nap next to the Fall River following a hike to the falls.

'06 Yamaha Roadstar 1700, and yes the Ozarks is a very nice ride, be careful on the pig trail though.

Haven't made BBB yet.

No Harley riders?   Mine was a 07’ Road King custom, pearl white 

Edited by petey-9950
Year

20 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Suzuki Burgman 650 Exec

I ride a BMW C650GT.  Same thing just love it even on that nice easy ride down 115 to Canon City, or over 100mph on the interstate...

I have a Honda NC700X that I do half day trips for lunch in the mountains with my son who has the same bike.

I spend a lot of time in the mountains with my Jeep and do 2-3 days of see no pavement several times a year.

I also drive my Ford Performance Spec Mustang in the mountains and do touring to national parks and such.

See a theme here? In the mountains.

Edited by cosmo

6 hours ago, petey-9950 said:

I have had a '03 Road King for about 5 years. 

It's a strong day ride for me to just get to the Rockies. 

Within an hour I can be riding the Loess Hills Scenic Byway.  Otherwise it's flat, straight roads. 

7 hours ago, petey-9950 said:

I always have my eye open for a cherry 1200 Sportster (used to have one, but sold it because it was always breaking down), but I don't want a motorcycle that weighs more than my car.

Parker.....Colorado Springs.....,canon city........Salida .....,,,bueno vista ....... Bailey.... evergreen... then back to Parker.    Great ride 

Thx BB, but there is something about Harley exhaust that is addictive compared to the above mentioned rice burners

7 hours ago, petey-9950 said:

No Harley riders?   

03 Harley Wideglide. Ride Hiway 50 west from Canon City.

1 hour ago, frankenthaler91 said:

I have had a '03 Road King for about 5 years. 

It's a strong day ride for me to just get to the Rockies. 

Within an hour I can be riding the Loess Hills Scenic Byway.  Otherwise it's flat, straight roads. 

1 minute ago, wglide2003 said:

03 Harley Wideglide. Ride Hiway 50 west from Canon City.

Yep if you can’t have a hors, etc between your legs, ride a Harley 

I did have a Yamaha yz250, 2 stroke that flat would kick your ass, wheels in 5th gear no problem.  Needless to say I got rid of it so I didn’t kill my self. This was when I was married and had three young sons. 

39 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

Frank, where is this ride?

http://iowadot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Embed/index.html?webmap=0361ee5e00fc457fa6b392a9c4bbdbcd&extent=-98.1129,40.8495,-94.0562,42.5656&zoom=true&previewImage=false&scale=true&disable_scroll=true&theme=light

Loess Hill is a rare glacier formation.  This starts just North of Sioux City IA.  Running just East of the Missouri river.  And ends South of Omaha NE on the Missouri border.   Nice winding 2 lane roads.  Up and down hills. 

I'll ride the Black Hills of South Dakota at least 1 time each year.  

Thinking about it, I have had this bike about 8 years (getting old, can't remember things).  Shortly after getting it a friend and I rode to Osage Beach MO for a rally.  Joined some acquaintances from Jefferson City MO. who has a friend in that area, who was our tour guide.   Great riding down there also. 

Denver is 10 hours by car.  Maybe 14 by motorcycle? 

Edited by frankenthaler91

I am still on the fence about whether to get my private pilot’s license or an M Class certification to ride. Bikes are sexy but other drivers terrify me. I’ve heard too many horror stories. Unfortunately buying even an old 80’s Cessna would set me back 80-120k.

Death on two wheels or poor and flying high. Decisions decisions. Of course flying also requires me to give up my beautiful wife, Knob Creek. 

1 minute ago, Vassago said:

Death on two wheels or poor and flying high. Decisions decisions. Of course flying also requires me to give up my beautiful wife, Knob Creek. 

The reality is that you should also give up that wife when riding on 2 wheels.  I have a BAC 0.0 policy when riding.  I save my Scotch (or beer) for the end of the day.  I need every bit of reaction time I can get on the bike. But then again I’m a light weight drinker, only 1-2/day.  I like to enjoy the taste of my liquor.

6 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

The reality is that you should also give up that wife when riding on 2 wheels.  I have a BAC 0.0 policy when riding.  I save my Scotch (or beer) for the end of the day.  I need every bit of reaction time I can get on the bike. But then again I’m a light weight drinker, only 1-2/day.  I like to enjoy the taste of my liquor.

You're stronger willed than most men, for every biker I ever met was in a bar.