Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IMNobody

Riding...

35 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vassago said:

You're stronger willed than most men, for every biker I ever met was in a bar. 

Perhaps that’s because I’ve had too many alcoholics in my life, barely pulled away from that brink myself, and watched too many “Signal 30” movies.  

One of my Spring rituals is to grab a motorcycling guide (ex: Proficient Motorcycling, by David Hough) and review safe riding practices.  The life you save may be your own. 

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:03 PM, petey-9950 said:

I did have a Yamaha yz250, 2 stroke that flat would kick your ass, wheels in 5th gear no problem.  Needless to say I got rid of it so I didn’t kill my self. This was when I was married and had three young sons. 

This is the bike I used to race.  One day my brother, who rides Harleys, wanted to try it out.  I told him to be careful, it is very powerful and quite peaky on the power band, he laughed that know-it-all Harley-guy laugh, saying, "It's a 250!"  He got going, gave it full throttle and promptly wheelied and flipped it over backwards.  Broke his foot and my brake lever.

215 pound bike with nearly 50 horsepower!  What a freaking beast!  I sold my for the same reason, once I quit racing, it will kill you quick on a trail.

Amen Badboy, I never flipped mine but holy shit was it ever powerful.  And way to much bike for me. My first bike was a Honda Trail bike. 90 cc. With a auto transmission.  Much calmer