Laci French

Describe your cooking

69 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

A jar of peanut butter & a tube of Ritz crackers. 😰

Cooking for one(1) has ruined my cooking skills.  I frequently wait until I’m hungry & need food in minutes.

Being single and having a quarter of family raised, grass fed beef is a challenge. 

Luckily steaks are a single serving.  Roast get tiresome day after day.  Or soup bones turned into beef and beans soup. 

Having access to fresh/frozen Hutterite chickens is also wonderful.  Again, day after day :(

food is life!!!

and I am great at preparing a delightful assortment of various dishes and enjoying eating them!!! LOL

Proudly Graduated from C.I.A. N.Y.

Southern scratch cooking.

Image 1: waffles with sausage gravy and bacon

Image 2: Mince meat pies with a persimmon pudding in the background.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

1) Hot

2)Hot

3)Hot

I've found you can cover up a great deal of cooking errors by making the food hot. I make it hot enough generally no one else will eat it. Wallah! I am a culinary master.

On 4/29/2019 at 0:23 PM, fishndude57 said:

XTI5Qnz.jpg?1

Actually my late best friend RIP, was an Aquarius and an excellent cook. However, the sandwich category fits me well. As actually trying to cook something in 3 words, all I can say is that I'm EXTREMELY COOKING CHALLENGED!:confused:

Exceptional, creative, delicious 

On 4/29/2019 at 0:23 PM, fishndude57 said:

XTI5Qnz.jpg?1

Im a capricorn.... i LOVE to cook..... been researching culinary school lately.....🤤🤤🤤

On 4/28/2019 at 3:11 PM, Alex Majors said:

Anyone can grill. You just have to watch so the fat  doesn't flare up  in the grill and turn your meat into charcoal.  BBQ is best done with a smoker. It takes hours, which you might not be able to devote that time.  So get some baby back ribs and put them on a sheet of aluminum foil. Brush on a large helping of your favorite bbq sauce and seal them up in the foil. Place on a cookie sheet and slow cook  them at 275F.  In 3 hrs you will have them marinated in sauce and the meat falling  off the bone.

You also need to liberally douse with liquid smoke. There are two brands on he local market both good. 

3 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Im a capricorn.... i LOVE to cook..... been researching culinary school lately.....🤤🤤🤤

Sounds like an ideal learning path! You'd be the finest looking chef I know!

Mmmm Mmmm

Italian, cedar plank fish, multitudinous breakfast fare

Keto healthy and fasting my life away 🥳

Frosted flakes milk 😁

On 4/27/2019 at 10:42 PM, Hunter VanDyke said:

I can never get my images the right file size. I suck at life. 😂  I'll share a link though. https://images.app.goo.gl/aFvvNYEGDacW3Jgq6

Hunter that looks delicious 😋maybe we need to go to that fresh Mexican place we can catch Laci when she gets back in town! Anyone else who wishes to join? 

14 hours ago, Bora Bora said:

image.png

image.png

What is the first picture of Bora Bora? Looks like fancy rice?

On 5/4/2019 at 10:48 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

What is the first picture of Bora Bora? Looks like fancy rice?

Yes, it's a risotto, a typical Italian rice. The ones that I do very well are mushroom, shrimp or prosciutto... or a combination of any of them :)

20 hours ago, Bora Bora said:

Yes, it's a risotto, a typical Italian rice. The ones that I do very well are mushroom, shrimp or prosciutto... or a combination of any of them :)

It Sounds wonderful Bora Bora! 

On 4/27/2019 at 10:15 PM, Laci French said:

Show me a picture describing your cooking. For those technical challenged do it in 3 words. 

Finger food expert

tumblr_ntwmswMcGk1t1prrio1_500.png

On 4/28/2019 at 8:54 PM, fishndude57 said:

I'm good at soups. I make my own pho, menudo, gumbo, chicken noodle, it don't matter. I'm good at all cajun. I'm good at Chinese. I can bake my own bread, cookies, etc., I can make candy. I can smoke out the neighborhood, smoked meatloaf, whatever, really good at that. I can fry chicken, walleye's, shrimp, mushrooms, you name it. I can roast standing rib roasts, and feed a bunch of our mutual friends, the Yorkshire pudding is awesome. I can make my marinara from scratch, no canned goods at all. Usually end of growing season I raid my friends gardens. I simply love to cook and believe in reading recipe's over and over again before I start. I believe in spices. Don't even ask me about my quiche. I rarely order takeout, delivery and only visit restaurants for business or when we have a group. 

You know, I got an Instant Pot. Changed a lot of the ways I prepare food. Frozen roast with carrots and taters?? About 16 minutes.

Minute steak and a potato and a mushroom gravy sauce? About 10 minutes.

Frozen chicken breasts anyway you like them? About 10 minutes. I swear for those "Star Trek" geeks out there, this is a close companion to the "food replication" machine on that show! I love it and I cook with it several times a week..It's so easy to do.

On 5/2/2019 at 4:52 PM, MeganMarie4u said:

Virgo here, always knew how to cook.

Dialing it recently, doing a damn fine job! HAHA

On 5/9/2019 at 4:03 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

It Sounds wonderful Bora Bora! 

Recipe for kick ass mushrooms:

One package of white mushrooms cleaned with a stiff brush.

3 Tbs of butter, 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce, 1 clove of crushed garlic, 1 "healthy shot of fine whiskey or a very good red wine." NO SUBSTITUTIONS!" KEY HERE! lol..Merlot is a good substitute for  fine whiskey but not my first choice. 

Cook until caramelized, if you don't like that then cook until a very hard brown....Enjoy!

I've been preparing mushrooms this way for a lot of years and for a lot of guests, all have agreed that it's the best  they have ever tasted. 

I hope you try this, it's very good!

On 5/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, amcbl1 said:

Actually my late best friend RIP, was an Aquarius and an excellent cook. However, the sandwich category fits me well. As actually trying to cook something in 3 words, all I can say is that I'm EXTREMELY COOKING CHALLENGED!:confused:

Dude, get an Instant Pot, see my previous thread soooo cool!

Or soooo hot?? Whatever! A good tool!

Homemade Laci French bread lol. Still to hot to handle. Part will be made into croutons for my chicken salad with homemade ranch dressing. Rest will sop up some badass green chili baby back ribs I'm Cookin up. 

rQ4StsD.jpg?1