Alex Majors

When did you get into the hobby?

29 posts in this topic

With all the talk about reference aging. It made me think how long I have actually been in the hobby. For some of you guys, I am probably a late bloomer but I didn't start until I was 40.  So how old were you gals and guys when you paid or were paid for the first time?

Mine’s was a birthday gift from an army buddy! I was 19! 

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Almost 50 years ago 😱

Got you beat by about 5 years Bit

2 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

Did you and bit have to Cruz the fax back 50 years ago I don’t think the Rocky Mountain oyster was around then or was it shit you guys were back in the ice age era 😂

2 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

Retract that airamerica I thought the post read how many years ago when you first started not how old you first started sorry bro I need new glass 😂

But for me I was 21 now I’m 48 a long time and yes they had the oyster and the yellow pages back in the day 😂

Oh for Pete's sake, all our lives. Since I was 18 :rolleyes:  You ever been married?

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Almost 50 years ago 😱

That would have made me 21. 

Massage parlor in Pleiku, RVN.

Edited by Bit Banger

53 minutes ago, jonnyboy2112 said:

Did you and bit have to Cruz the fax back 50 years ago I don’t think the Rocky Mountain oyster was around then or was it shit you guys were back in the ice age era 😂

In 65 Saigon was wide open didn't need anything but a seat in the bar

1 hour ago, airamericavet65 said:

In 65 Saigon was wide open didn't need anything but a seat in the bar

1970...I can still the words...Me love you long time.

Then I came back to the world.

Started again in 1980...Kitty’s with the girls behind glass. And the rest is history 😂

5 hours ago, pointymoustache said:

Me too!  We should celebrate 🎉 

What a wild and wonderful ride. I can honestly say out of 22 years I’ve never been in trouble with LE and only had to report 2 gents.  

Newbie here.

About 6 months ago. 43 now. Late bloomer. 

Guess I have some catching up to do

Another newbie here, about 1.5 years ago.

Glad to see some others have been playing for a number of years.  I rediscovered this hobby again after a divorce a number of years ago.  I realized I did not want a relationship, but was craving companionship.  It has filled my needs and wants in the best of ways.

I started in the hobby when I turned 50, that 17 years ago.  I used the old TOB and the risky backpage then.  I joined the modern TOB in 2017 cause the ladies on TOB would not see me without a handle(I don't blame then safety first at all times).  I still just see a few providers due to age and medical reasons.  

three years now so I was 33, wish I would have known about it earlier! 

I'm celebrating 10 years hobbying this year, and was 45 when I started.   I too was in the late bloomer group.

After 22 years of marriage and my divorce in 2004 so that must be 15 years ago.   It has been a fun ride so far 

2 hours ago, BigBaldBlk said:

I'm celebrating 10 years hobbying this year, and was 45 when I started.   I too was in the late bloomer group.

You know what they say...Better late than never!

Pretty close to 12 years now.  I actually started in the BDSM arena, stumbled my way through craigslist and backpage for a few years before finding my way to TOB.  It's been a great run.

I grew up within an hour of Tijuana and used to party with friends on weekends, at the strip clubs, et al. but never partook in the other offerings until one weekend,(25 years ago) while between girlfriends, I drove the hour, took a cab, went to the club, got one beer, picked up a local, 3g'd and went home... Not exactly a stellar first experience, but, it was an experience. I must say I've had much better times here in the states since then. 

Edited by IMNobody

Started when I was 48, so it was late for me as well getting started.  Wish I had the courage when I was earlier, but you can't go backwards, only forward.  It has been great, so far, and hoping for many more years of playing.

Well, I didn't actually make a note of when I started, and frankly don't even recall who my "first" was, but I think it was about 10 years ago.  Been making up for lost time ever since, and what a long strange trip it's been.