Alia Abaza

Scheduling Etiquette & Follow Up

10 posts in this topic

The last couple of weeks I have had soooo many people playing shenanigans and just in my opinion completely lost their minds.

What is the proper etiquette in your opinion from both sides?  Also I regards to canceling scheduled appointments.

For example I had a client today text and we did screening and agreed to 4pm I agreed and let him know I can do that!!!   He never responded at all and at 4:45 don’t know what happened have a great day like it’s my fault.  He never confirmed or asked for location details?  I was avail and didn’t schedule anyone else? What did I do wrong?

Another example I had a client scheduled for 1 pm let him know I was changing hotels and that he should be prepared for a little flexibility.  He agreed. He confirmed at 1:10 he had arrived.  At 1:13 he was give room information and still hadn’t made it to my room by 1:30. At this point I asked where he was he said he couldn’t get into the hotel, not a secured building.  I was feeling uncomfortable and so I surveyed the parking lot from my room to see several low enforcement vehicles present and told him I needed to cancel as I was u comfortable with his inability to communicate and him not coming to my room.  I offered a discount if we could change time or location with no response. Hour later I received several nasty text  about me being a liar etc etc.   

Edited by Alia Abaza

My opinion is:

If you communicate through text a phone call is nessacary for confirmation.  No phone call no time slot saved!

If you are booking a meeting knowing that you are moving hotels you need to NOT disclose that to the client.  Have your shit lined up to prevent the possibility of a time delay...

To offer a discount is not necessarily the best thing for your business.

I understand that hotel check in and check out times are usually when gentleman want to book especially if you are in the DTC area. 

I avoid all of that crap by having a private incall and refusing the whole hotel scene in general. 

That decision has a lot to do with me being from Denver. I'm not into being on camera or having a paper trail from renting rooms.

The ass that wanted to call you names and a liar can kiss your ass!

3 hours ago, Alia Abaza said:

The last couple of weeks I have had soooo many people playing shenanigans and just in my opinion completely lost their minds.

What is the proper etiquette in your opinion from both sides?  Also I regards to canceling scheduled appointments.

For example I had a client today text and we did screening and agreed to 4pm I agreed and let him know I can do that!!!   He never responded at all and at 4:45 don’t know what happened have a great day like it’s my fault.  He never confirmed or asked for location details?  I was avail and didn’t schedule anyone else? What did I do wrong?

Another example I had a client scheduled for 1 pm let him know I was changing hotels and that he should be prepared for a little flexibility.  He agreed. He confirmed at 1:10 he had arrived.  At 1:13 he was give room information and still hadn’t made it to my room by 1:30. At this point I asked where he was he said he couldn’t get into the hotel, not a secured building.  I was feeling uncomfortable and so I surveyed the parking lot from my room to see several low enforcement vehicles present and told him I needed to cancel as I was u comfortable with his inability to communicate and him not coming to my room.  I offered a discount if we could change time or location with no response. Hour later I received several nasty text  about me being a liar etc etc.   

I'm not sure how you screen, but if it was through provider references, please contact those providers so they stop giving him references. I'm with Kandi on the discount topic. I only offer discounts to my regulars, usually for special occasions to show my appreciation for them being so awesome to me, or under the rare occasion something really off happened on my end..way out of the norm. I'm sorry you're having a rough time. Sending good vibes to you. 💙

Alia,

Shenanigans goes both ways and no matter what side you are on it sucks. The first situation could have been something similar to what i experienced while sitting in parking lot waiting for a room number. She sent a text and i never received it. Finally get hold of her by phone and we met. She shows me the text and i show her it was never received. She tried again and it just went to lala land.  Not necessarily what happened in your case but it seems like he was waiting and not just blowing you off. You got to love technology sometimes.

Your second one seems like you may have averted a bad situation. I know i am sometimes challenged finding a room in some of these labyrinths but i certainly dont waste that much time letting my date know that i cant find it. I have also had other woman up front just provide good directions so we dont look lost trying to find elevators or how to avoid the front desk. I would have appreciated your thoughtfulness and cander about the circumstances for the appointment time. I would be careful with this as others might see it as flakey.  You have to look at the relationship with that person. In general i would agree with Kandi just make the appointment for the time you can fully commit to. Yes you may loose that appointment but they may find a better time. Your date may not always have the time to be flexible and even if they they may hate waiting in a parking lot as much i do. Also if something goes wrong you dont make someone mad over something that was out of your control.

As stealthmvr mentioned it seems regardless if you do everything right people dont always respect each others time. We see these cycles off and on and i am sorry you are experiencing this but sometime you just have to keep pushing through with a smile. 

Alia.  From the first example, you should have never confirmed the 4pm appointment. Both parties have to find times that match. We don't know how far each of us drive or if we have to have an excuse to be out. Plus communication wasn't there. Girls say they don't like us guys blowing their phones up. You should have responded with the correct time and general area text. This gives us the chance to respond back.  Maybe he was waiting on you. As for the second example. You changed hotels and LE was there.  Two red flags. For you he is late and LE. For him the switch of venue and LE. Now LE is unmarked in stings. Still with them in the lot, hotel staff might be more observant. Both of you nervous. I can see where both of you got spooked. I personally think you did the right thing to offer a discount. He was pissed off and nasty, so check him off your list. You tried. 

I m sure we all have lots of stories but particularly yesterday I had 4 cancellations alone all broke down on I-25 yesterday in DTC.........all in a two hour window not to mention 3 no shows, must have been a pile up of broke down cars out there...... 

I dont rely my screening on references. I dont see the point on rely my safety on someone i have never meet from the internet.. lol 

Unless I know the provider/ companion personally and or know the way she screens and we have mutual clients... i dont bother with references. I only use MY own screening for MY safety/ 

On 4/25/2019 at 5:51 PM, Alia Abaza said:

Sending Pm ❤️

Sorry this happens, but it happens on both sides.  Good communication is key.  Sometimes things happen that we can't forsee.  But with good communication things can usually be worked out.  Going silent and leaving someone hanging is never a good thing.  Rather than go silent, just let me know things are not working out...for whatever reason, even if it something like, "Sorry, I don't think we would be a good fit."  No harm, no foul and we can both move on.

If something comes up and the communication is good, clear and timely, it's really helpful.  I've had unexpected things come up on my end a few times and have had ladies have things come up on their end.  Each time, I've either been able to work around it or reschedule because of good communication.