Milos Vesely

Foreign IP addresses

12 posts in this topic

So sites like TER no longer allow logins from US IP addresses.  So I googled for a way to circumvent this and found some companies in Canada that, for a small fee, will provide an app that will give you a Canadian IP address and you can probably login to TER.  I haven't tried it yet and was wondering if anyone on here as tried that and perhaps provide a review?  Good, bad, a scam, etc?  Thanks.

There is also a service called hide my ass which is a virtual private Network device that allows you to hide your location and appear from anywhere in the world

https://www.hidemyass.com/what-is-vpn

What you want is a VPN (Google for "best vpn"). There are a lot of them out there. Some of them are free (but very slow) while others are faster, but you have to pay for them. Keep in mind you have to install an app on your device, whether it's your phone or computer (or in some cases your Internet router). If you aren't paying for unlimited bandwidth, you probably only want to turn it on when you need to use it.

This article will give you a good idea of some of the top VPNs out there. If you read the whole thing, it will explain a lot about how they work as well.

Good luck!

Orbot is a free VPN. I can get into TER. Just with it being down in the US for the last year, there isn't much to see.  Plus the reviews of a provider I wanted to look up aren't there any more. Her name is still there but that is it. 

Edited by Alex Majors

When I was in Spain back in February I logged into TER to look specifically at US ladies. You can no longer access US ladies from anywhere in the world.

4 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

Orbot is a free VPN. I can get into TER. Just with it being down in the US for the last year, there isn't much to see.  Plus the reviews of a provider I wanted to look up aren't there any more. Her name is still there but that is it. 

That is exactly why I didn't give a rat's ass about obtaining a VPN.  

you can download a VPN, some are free. Just turn it on when accessing to that site. 

For the majority of us, using a VPN would be a waste of money. 

We use VPN's in our company for communicating with equipment that we have installed at customers around the world.

The original discussions here about VPN's started because of TER.  But since you can't view U.S. ladies no matter where you are in the world, why spend the money?

You can use a VPN to hide your tracks (but not from forensic's) when viewing websites, but again, why waste that money?

There is a company called nordvpn, you can subscribe to them and change your server to any country they have. It works really well!

Well, I'm glad I asked the question here before laying out some cash for VPN service if TER is no longer of any real use.  Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it.

hidemyass, TOR are free. 

You can download the VPN like an app and there are few that are free. 

Regardless, there's no reviews and noone post in months in that site. 

On 4/24/2019 at 0:20 PM, Milos Vesely said:

So sites like TER no longer allow logins from US IP addresses.  So I googled for a way to circumvent this and found some companies in Canada that, for a small fee, will provide an app that will give you a Canadian IP address and you can probably login to TER.  I haven't tried it yet and was wondering if anyone on here as tried that and perhaps provide a review?  Good, bad, a scam, etc?  Thanks.

I could only see this useful if you were traveling to Canada. Losing TER was very sad😕