daaacz

Goodbye MassageRepublic

27 posts in this topic

They have directed US based providers to start using slixa

I been on slixa since my Florida days. Back in 2013 

Sad that people are just now finding out about it. In my opinion it only jumps in Florida anyways.

I think most of us have been aware of Slixa for several years.

What I find interesting and curious, why is Massage Republic specifically recommending the ladies sign up with Slixa?

Seems strange to me for them to recommend one specific platform.

23 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

What I find interesting and curious, why is Massage Republic specifically recommending the ladies sign up with Slixa?

Does Slixa have a separate FBSM category? 

1 hour ago, E.J.England said:

I been on slixa since my Florida days. Back in 2013 

Sad that people are just now finding out about it. In my opinion it only jumps in Florida anyways.

Is it big in TX too?

55 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Is it big in TX too?

My friendgirl actually just said she eats on there in Texas. So yes it is good in Texas.

2 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Does Slixa have a separate FBSM category? 

Yes they do. The site is a bit frenetic but there are several subsections for providers to post in if they wanted.  

In truth Slixa really just seems like a more glammed up version of MR on the surface so the experience for those that used MR to advertise as well as look could be fairly similar in finding what you want/need. 

Edited by JoDoe27

2 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Is your concern based around the idea it openly draws more attention to Slixa and thus making them yet another target? 

Or that it’s recommended over other sites you feel should get those ladies? 

Or should they have simply kept quiet on where ladies could look next and hope they figure it out in their own? 

7 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

Is your concern based around the idea it openly draws more attention to Slixa and thus making them yet another target? 

Or that it’s recommended over other sites you feel should get those ladies? 

Or should they have simply kept quiet on where ladies could look next and hope they figure it out in their own? 

For me, it is that they are promoting one site over another.  There are a multitude of sites out there to advertise on. Sites that existed before Slixa came to be. That is why I find it interesting.

And yes I am biased to TOB.

I will admit I don’t  spend a lot of time looking at Slixa. But I have never seen separate categories for FBSM or other activities on Slixa.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

For me, it is that they are promoting one site over another.  There are a multitude of sites out there to advertise on. Sites that existed before Slixa came to be. That is why I find it interesting.

And yes I am biased to TOB.

I will admit I don’t  spend a lot of time looking at Slixa. But I have never seen separate categories for FBSM or other activities on Slixa.

https://www.slixa.com/colorado/denver/+body-rub

There’s about 5 different categories. Like I said to Hunter, the site is a bit chaotic but stuff is there. And TOB, while technically national, is primarily only used here. It makes no sense to send ladies to TOB, and it’s not like TOB boards have a history of being the most welcoming to those that had their sites closed down. 

Also, we have zero insight to the inner workings or behind the scenes connections the show runners have with each other. So maybe they’re friends or they know the ladies will have better success there than any other site. Who knows? But really, does it matter? Sad a sight is closing and should be high fives the ladies will hopefully land on another site. 

yes, saw the post on twitter and also on their own blog. Another site gone! 

3 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Sorry Joe. I'm calling bs on this one. I think we're welcoming of anyone who comes to TOB...just not the assholes who try to come here and turn this site into their site that closed down. Screw that. We have a great board, and it hasn't gone down yet, so obviously they/we are doing something right. We're just a little protective, and have our own vibe thats all. If the Colorado crowd wanted those sites over TOB, the switch would have happened, but it didnt. 

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being protective and wanting to ensure the site continues to run smoothly. TOB went through some serious changes to get to this point which I appreciate.  I also don’t think constantly referring to individuals as “refugees”, and never in a good way, is welcoming. Or the constant shitting on BP and the ladies that posted there was welcoming either. Or the “buy local” sentiment. And how many times has it been said “the market here is over saturated” especially when it comes to new girls advertising on TOB? (Technical those providers existed already so the saturation wouldn’t be change.) So yeah, I can’t sit and say if people read the boards they’d feel welcome.

I’ve seen the few assholes that come to the board from Texas so I know they exist, so I’ll give you that. 

10 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

https://www.slixa.com/colorado/denver/+body-rub

There’s about 5 different categories. Like I said to Hunter, the site is a bit chaotic but stuff is there. And TOB, while technically national, is primarily only used here. It makes no sense to send ladies to TOB, and it’s not like TOB boards have a history of being the most welcoming to those that had their sites closed down. 

Also, we have zero insight to the inner workings or behind the scenes connections the show runners have with each other. So maybe they’re friends or they know the ladies will have better success there than any other site. Who knows? But really, does it matter? Sad a sight is closing and should be high fives the ladies will hopefully land on another site. 

I see where there are different categories.  The site is chaotic to say the least.

But I think you are still missing my point about Massage Republic telling the ladies to go to Slixa.  They could have said "There are several sites available around the U.S. where you can advertise.  Here is a short list".  And then they could provide a list of 5 or so different sites.  Instead of saying go to Slixa.  

26 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I see where there are different categories.  The site is chaotic to say the least.

But I think you are still missing my point about Massage Republic telling the ladies to go to Slixa.  They could have said "There are several sites available around the U.S. where you can advertise.  Here is a short list".  And then they could provide a list of 5 or so different sites.  Instead of saying go to Slixa.  

Actually I get your point in that you don’t like they picked a single site but should have equally promoted others. 

Can you name 5 other truly nationally used sites with individual service categories for posting and easy searching? And I don’t mean a search field where you have to be creative in what you’re looking for, but easily identifiable in a click or two? 

The real tragedy of losing CL & BP shows up in the minor metro areas.  The current national sites only cover major metro areas, like Denver, Dallas, or Chicago.  Even ECCIE & P411 barely touch the RGV.  Where there used to be a dozen or more advertising in the area, now there are three. Slixa doesn’t even mention S.TX.

Edited by Bit Banger

I can name 3 other national sites besides Slixa that have separate category listings. And I am sure there are others.

And as Bit has said above, even the major sites don't touch areas outside of the major population areas.

Edited by ilovewomen

19 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I can name 3 other national sites besides Slixa that have separate category listings. And I am sure there are others.

And as Bit has said above, even the major sites don't touch areas outside of the major population areas.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ As I said before, I have no clue why it was promoted over others, and truthfully don’t care. I just hope those affected land safely, and think it’s good on MR to at least point those individuals in what they feel is the best direction. 

2 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being protective and wanting to ensure the site continues to run smoothly. TOB went through some serious changes to get to this point which I appreciate.  I also don’t think constantly referring to individuals as “refugees”, and never in a good way, is welcoming. Or the constant shitting on BP and the ladies that posted there was welcoming either. Or the “buy local” sentiment. And how many times has it been said “the market here is over saturated” especially when it comes to new girls advertising on TOB? (Technical those providers existed already so the saturation wouldn’t be change.) So yeah, I can’t sit and say if people read the boards they’d feel welcome.

I’ve seen the few assholes that come to the board from Texas so I know they exist, so I’ll give you that. 

1. They were refugees. From what I saw they only came because their site closed and left as soon as it opened back up. Their choice. It didnt seem like they cared much for us before they got here. I dont know of anyone who actually wanted to be here and liked our site to begin with being made to feel unwelcome. Maybe you know them.

2. Nothing wrong with the buy local sentiment, take care of our own ladies that have been here for years, some of which were forced into retirement. Just because some show support, doesnt mean everyone has too.

3. The market here IS over saturated. No, they were not all girls that were already here (Denver). We got quite a few from all over the country.  That's just a fact. It's talked about here in Denver much more than just with providers. It's a board. We discuss things here. No, they were not all girls that were already here (Denver). We got quite a few from all over the country when their sites shut down. I've made friends with a few of them,  and they never expressed feeling unwelcome. 

4. I came from BP, and I never felt unwelcomed by any of the negative comments about BP.

There's these things called blending in, making the most out of any situation, putting on your big girl/boy panties. Like I said I call bs on what you're saying.  Everyone was a new member at one time. Some figure it out, and some drop likes flies. Life.

10 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

1. They were refugees. From what I saw they only came because their site closed and left as soon as it opened back up. Their choice. It didnt seem like they cared much for us before they got here. I dont know of anyone who actually wanted to be here and liked our site to begin with being made to feel unwelcome. Maybe you know them.

2. Nothing wrong with the buy local sentiment, take care of our own ladies that have been here for years, some of which were forced into retirement. Just because some show support, doesnt mean everyone has too.

3. The market here IS over saturated. No, they were not all girls that were already here (Denver). We got quite a few from all over the country.  That's just a fact. It's talked about here in Denver much more than just with providers. It's a board. We discuss things here. No, they were not all girls that were already here (Denver). We got quite a few from all over the country when their sites shut down. I've made friends with a few of them,  and they never expressed feeling unwelcome. 

4. I came from BP, and I never felt unwelcomed by any of the negative comments about BP.

There's these things called blending in, making the most out of any situation, putting on your big girl/boy panties. Like I said I call bs on what you're saying.  Everyone was a new member at one time. Some figure it out, and some drop likes flies. Life.

How about this. I will not discount your experience and perception. As they say, one size does not fit all. I’m speaking on mine and others I’ve spoken with and befriended over the years. So I guess there’s always multiple perspectives objectively dissimilar from my own, but true for them nonetheless  on any particular subject and this is definitely one of those situations. 

I agree I don’t think people need to come in and try to make everything like what they had before. That goes for pretty much everything in life we’ll beyond this. 

I don’t think people need to blend in though. Fuck it. Be loud and daring if you want. You’ll either attract those that feel your vibe or push them away. But to hell with blending in. 

So you can call BS, and that’s ok. Your experiences matter as well. :)

28 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

How about this. I will not discount your experience and perception. As they say, one size does not fit all. I’m speaking on mine and others I’ve spoken with and befriended over the years. So I guess there’s always multiple perspectives objectively dissimilar from my own, but true for them nonetheless  on any particular subject and this is definitely one of those situations. 

I agree I don’t think people need to come in and try to make everything like what they had before. That goes for pretty much everything in life we’ll beyond this. 

I don’t think people need to blend in though. Fuck it. Be loud and daring if you want. You’ll either attract those that feel your vibe or push them away. But to hell with blending in. 

So you can call BS, and that’s ok. Your experiences matter as well. :)

I feel ya JoeDoe 😘

Shout out to my most welcoming TOB fam!! Love you!! Muah! 💋

Oh and thank you Admins for creating all the other regions for the country, to give a place for the providers and hobbyists to come when they lost their home boards, and had no where else to go. You guys Rock. 😍

11 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I feel ya JoeDoe 😘

Shout out to my most welcoming TOB fam!! Love you!! Muah! 💋

Oh and thank you Admins for creating all the other regions for the country, to give a place for the providers and hobbyists to come when they lost their home boards, and had no where else to go. You guys Rock. 😍

Very well said. Thanks!

I saw the blog on their site... another one to the dust. 

I would imagine they would remove all the acronyms.... but they dont want to do it. Doesnt make sense.