Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riverboy

Not good enough????

22 posts in this topic

While attending a school reunion last summer, I bumped into a classmate, that I thought was hot in school. (She still is!!)  During our conversation, she said she always thought I was cute and asked me why I never asked her out? I was shocked!! At the time, I thought I would never get a second look from her and she was way out of my class! Turned out it was probably a good thing as she told me, she was on marriage number five!...…………….  Does make a guy wonder though??………...For sure in my next life, I am going for it!!! LOL.

Oh high school. I remember looking through my senior yearbook, 20yrs after I graduated.  A girl I thought was pretty but was way smarter than me, had written her phone number in it and told me call her. Said we could have some fun this summer. She made the first move but I didn't even know it. I always thought she would have wanted to date someone on her IQ level. If only I had looked through better back then. 

High School Reunions are a geat place to reconnect with the hotties from high school. On my 25th one who is hotter than she was in high school told me I was still on her TO Do List. Since we were both beteen marriages and we were staying at the same hotel, it did happen. I should have seen her her in school.

Lucky guys.  Having attended a military prep school, all of my class mates were male.  😱

All boys parochial HS. The gals in the neighborhood were fair game tho. I had a blast!

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

All boys parochial HS. The gals in the neighborhood were fair game tho. I had a blast!

Ah, for me it was a boarding school located in a small, rural community.  With limited town access and the few gals of appropriate age off limits, opportunities were sparse. They bussed in girls from as far as 100 miles away for assigned dates at highly chaperoned dances.

I didn’t start dating until college.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Ah, for me it was a boarding school located in a small, rural community.  With limited town access and the few gals of appropriate age off limits, opportunities were sparse. They bussed in girls from as far as 100 miles away for assigned dates at highly chaperoned dances.

ahhhhhhh boarding school...

when those buses arrived it was like a wild discovery channel....

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

The start of the Kilt, Bit?

I didn’t start wearing kilts until 30yrs later.  But that school, since merged with another and still only 1/2 the attendance of when I was there, now has a pipe & drum corps, complete with kilts.  They even started accepting female cadets last year.  How things have changed?!?

Bit it’s a changing world since you and I were young, growing up so let’s embrace it I guess while we can.

Just now, petey-9950 said:

Bit it’s a changing world since you and I were young, growing up so let’s embrace it I guess while we can.

Most definitely!! 

Years after HS, several of the "jocks" said they always wanted to ask me out.  Maybe, those 38D's made an impression after all.  Oh the HS crushes to remember. 

39 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

Did you make it back yet or are you still in RGV?

Memorial Day.

Visiting a few National Parks on the way back.  Starting to get hot(90s) down here.

I have not been to a single reunion.  After 30 years, I believe I am still listed as MIA.  I live in the area I went to school.  I have bumped into a couple of my classmates (extended friends).   But I have no overwhelming desire to "connect" with any classmates. Even the 6 or so I was close to.

If I did meet any classmate, and was intimate with any lady,  I might do as someone posted in the past.  Wake up,  leave a couple Bennie's on the table and leave. 

There was probably only 1 gal in HS that was chasing me.  But I was chasing someone else.  In Jr High maybe 1 gal.  But I was to stupid (or maybe to smart for my britches) to know better. 

Went to the 40th. Wow I am now taller and generally bigger than the "football stars". Several ladies said they wanted me to ask them out, I had no idea and had to scrape for a prom date because I was so shy. 

Man, this is a common story after all.  BadBoy's recollection of High School:  I was a skinny nerdy kid who couldn't imagine any girl would want to date me, so I hung out with my dudes, worked on cars, worked on motorcycles, raced cars and motorcycles, skiied constantly and tried not to think about girls.  The girls' recollection of BadBoy in High School (or so they say at reunions):  That cute guy with the fast car that never asked them out for some reason.

I wish I had known then what I know now about women.

I did get one big boost at the 30th - the beautiful, young gal who rudely turned me down for a prom date after I spent weeks working up the courage to ask her is an overweight, cranky, divorcee who is no longer gorgeous, and she had to look at my gorgeous, happy, wife the whole night.  HaHaHaHa!

(Sometimes I am just so damned shallow!  Gotta own it! :rolleyes:  )

Family moved to the area just as I was a freshman, and it was a pretty... inbred area.  Now, the people were nice enough there, so it wasn't all children of the corn or anything, but I never did fit in with my "big city ways" I guess.  So for both my proms I brought someone that wasn't from my school.  Never even dated anyone from my high school.  

I still have a good but facebook relationship with many of them, being across the country and all.  Our first attempt at a reunion failed due to lack of interest at the 10 year mark, ended up just about 25 people meeting at a bar.  Our most recent attempt... failed due to lack of interest and ended up meeting at a bar.

1 hour ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Family moved to the area just as I was a freshman, and it was a pretty... inbred area.  Now, the people were nice enough there, so it wasn't all children of the corn or anything, but I never did fit in with my "big city ways" I guess.  So for both my proms I brought someone that wasn't from my school.  Never even dated anyone from my high school.  

I still have a good but facebook relationship with many of them, being across the country and all.  Our first attempt at a reunion failed due to lack of interest at the 10 year mark, ended up just about 25 people meeting at a bar.  Our most recent attempt... failed due to lack of interest and ended up meeting at a bar.

A friend of mine had the same kind of experience. Most of the people in the small farming community were related in some shape or form. So you went to dances with your second cousin or someone a little further down the family tree. 

I've bumped into a few former school mates who were cheerleaders over the years.  And after talking a bit, I was asked why I never asked them out. My reply was always the same, we ran in different crowds and I while I had the hots for you, I didn't never once got the impression you would say yes.  

Teenage boys can have no self assurance and can be such dorks.

Edited by ilovewomen