Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NoCoGeezer

SW Photography Book

12 posts in this topic

It amazes me that those pictures were so scandalous. It was a simpler time. You could walk or ride down to a area of town and go to a parlor house. You would wait your turn, have a drink and listen to the piano player. When you were done, you just went home. Everything legal. In KC there was Annie Chambers. Her real name was Leannah Loveall. Go figure. She built a 25 room house in 1872. It cost around $80,000 and she paid it off in like 2.5 years. 

Brothels provide frictionless whoreing. Outcalls/Incalls not so much. Basically a royal pain in the azz. 

17 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

It amazes me that those pictures were so scandalous. It was a simpler time. You could walk or ride down to a area of town and go to a parlor house. You would wait your turn, have a drink and listen to the piano player. When you were done, you just went home. Everything legal. In KC there was Annie Chambers. Her real name was Leannah Loveall. Go figure. She built a 25 room house in 1872. It cost around $80,000 and she paid it off in like 2.5 years. 

Exactly. I bet these girls catered to every fetish under the sun. 

Love Dita Von Teese 😍 

Seeing these photos is awesome. These women were boss AF. 

Very cool link, thank you for posting. The women really own themselves in most of the images.

I recently read Charlie Chaplin's memoir, and a criminal's memoirs, You Just Can't Win. Both of them described whole city blocks given over dozens of brothels, dance halls and bars in any sizable town around the turn of the last century. Charlie Chaplin said Denver's was particularly good, and Kansas City boasted a huge red light district larger than many small towns. It made the chief of police a wealthy fellow, with all the bribes and payoffs.

Also cool about brothels: jazz.

I've had good experiences in brothels, generally. In Denver, the old 'hot tub' places functioned as brothels. That was fun. Then the Caucasian massage parlors in the early 80s were effectively cat houses. Many of the workers were very attractive, and you could easily find someone you vibed with out of a crew of eight or so. 

Supposedly, this is the menu of a New Orleans brothel. It looks authentic, anyway. If it is, it proves great grandpa was as kinky, or kinkier, than you.

brothelmenu.jpg

I love this stuff - not only the history of the brothels, but also history of the mining camps of the 1800's and the burgeoning cities of industrial age.... those people had grit!

18 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Central City celebrates infamous madam Lou Bunch every year.They even have a facebook page  and were a cover story in the Rocky Mountain Oyster. Its a fun event :)      https://www.facebook.com/Madam-Lou-Bunch-Day-634741489873980/

I worked up there for 5 years definitely enjoyed central city :) and the bed races lol 

11 hours ago, Madison Taylor said:

I worked up there for 5 years definitely enjoyed central city :) and the bed races lol 

LOVE photographing the Madam Lou event...easily the most comedic festival I've ever attended. Here is an article that includes the biography of Madam Lou.

https://themtnear.com/2019/07/central-city-celebrates-madam-lou-bunch-day/