daaacz

Stats: "hi"

58 posts in this topic

Interesting thread in which this wonderful woman took the time to track the results of texts over two years and how those who just text "hi" compare to those who properly introduce themselves. Spoiler: It won't come as any surprise that guys who text "hi" are almost always time wasters.

OK,  for those of us who are not twits,  what did she find out? 

I think less than 6% of the "Hi" twits actually booked an appointment.  That is why we stop responding to "r u avai" an Hi.

I keep losing the formatting but she divided it into 3 categories. She didn’t include the total numbers but instead went with %. From a data perspective I’d like to know the actual numbers as well but understand her reason for not including it.

From those who just said "Hi":

- 9.8% made a booking. - 62.5% didn't ever book and made tons of questions leading to nowhere. - 2.8% didn't happen, a cancellation on either their part or mine. - 1.5% didn't show up. - 23.4% were rejected, of which 27.4% were also blocked.

From those who said Hi alongside some info:

- 50.8% made a booking. - 25.7% didn't ever book. - 17.6% didn't happen. - 1.5% didn't show up. - 4.4% were rejected, of which 0% were also blocked.

From those who made a full introduction stating their name, place, day, time, etc... :

- 83.4% made a booking. - 5.5% didn't ever book. - 7.4% didn't happen. - 3.7% didn't show up. - 0% were rejected, of which 0% were also blocked.

Oh this is a good breakdown. It was buried in the responses...

Some people asked in the comments and I forgot to add it, so here it is how much of each of the contact categories happened:

- 78.3% for "Hi".

- 12.6% for "Hi+info".

- 4.3% for full introductions.

- 4.8% non-sw related (photographers, drivers, bodyguards, etc).

2 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

I keep losing the formatting but she divided it into 3 categories. She didn’t include the total numbers but instead went with %. From a data perspective I’d like to know the actual numbers as well but understand her reason for not including it.

From those who just said "Hi":

- 9.8% made a booking. - 62.5% didn't ever book and made tons of questions leading to nowhere. - 2.8% didn't happen, a cancellation on either their part or mine. - 1.5% didn't show up. - 23.4% were rejected, of which 27.4% were also blocked.

From those who said Hi alongside some info:

- 50.8% made a booking. - 25.7% didn't ever book. - 17.6% didn't happen. - 1.5% didn't show up. - 4.4% were rejected, of which 0% were also blocked.

From those who made a full introduction stating their name, place, day, time, etc... :

- 83.4% made a booking. - 5.5% didn't ever book. - 7.4% didn't happen. - 3.7% didn't show up. - 0% were rejected, of which 0% were also blocked.

What does didn't happen mean if it wasn't didn't ever book or didnt show up??? My apologies, but I'm a little slow sometimes. 

Personally I usually start out by saying , "Hi, do you have an opening I can fill." :lol:

29 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

What does didn't happen mean if it wasn't didn't ever book or didnt show up??? My apologies, but I'm a little slow sometimes. 

I think I interpreted “didn’t happen” as a cancelation or NCNS since she’s got one specifally for never booked. 

This is why I quit posting my #.. Email me With more than A "Hey" and you get a proper Timely response.. Email me with just a "Hi u available" and I ignore the email..

Every ones time is valuable in every fashion Not just us Providers. 

37 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I took “didn’t happen” to mean that a session was booked, but that one or the other party cancelled prior to the date.

3 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

. - 2.8% didn't happen, a cancellation on either their part or mine. - 1.5% didn't show up.

4 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I took “didn’t happen” to mean that a session was booked, but that one or the other party cancelled prior to the date.

A cancellation.  Thanks 😊

25 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Thanks. The formatting in that is killing my eyes so couldn’t easily spot it. 

5 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

I think less than 6% of the "Hi" twits actually booked an appointment.  That is why we stop responding to "r u avai" an Hi.

A couple people have told me they receive those texts... smh... it upsets me just for the fact that it’s disrespectful towards the women here...

What's wrong with starting a conversation with "Hi".  It's been a good way for me to see if who I am talking to is friendly and most important, that I do not have the wrong number.

I have a auto response and it directs Text to visit my website and complete a contact form.

2 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

What's wrong with starting a conversation with "Hi".  It's been a good way for me to see if who I am talking to is friendly and most important, that I do not have the wrong number.

There is nothing wrong with a hi I am Mike I was just checking on your availability for this afternoon.  Just Hi is lazy and annoying. 🖐️🖐️🖐️🖐️

2 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

There is nothing objectively wrong with just "Hi", but according to the data in this thread (and anecdotal data from many other threads) such an approach will not often result in getting your itch scratched. Follow Darwin's lesson: adapt, evolve, thrive.  Hobby on!!

4 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

most important, that I do not have the wrong number.

That happened to me. I had a drunk dancer give me her number once and she switched the last 2 numbers. I don't know who got those texts but I am sure they figured it out. Then the next time I saw her, she said she was mad that I never got back with her. So if you don't reply back, how is a guy to know.

22 minutes ago, Alex Majors said:

That happened to me. I had a drunk dancer give me her number once and she switched the last 2 numbers. I don't know who got those texts but I am sure they figured it out. Then the next time I saw her, she said she was mad that I never got back with her. So if you don't reply back, how is a guy to know.

Our Auto reply goes off, and they still do not respond with a proper introduction or information requested. 

Wow, she is very diligent. It is definitely useful information, and exactly what I expected. When I do the auto response as @Kandi Apple does, I don't ever see a booking form. So.. there really is not surprise. It astounds me how many guys get off on communicating with a lady with no intentions of booking. Who has that kind of time???? I'm envious!

Audrey it’s the newbies that don’t understand how the hobby works. They have stiff dicks and no where to put them so they find these sites and wallow along until bam, someone takes them up on the offer.   😁😁

8 hours ago, Mike940370 said:

most important, that I do not have the wrong number.

3 hours ago, Alex Majors said:

if you don't reply back, how is a guy to know.

The ladies post the number in their ads. All you have to do is check, and make sure you are texting the same number posted. Double check if you need to before hitting send. I'm not a client, so I don't know how many providers you guys come across posting the wrong number in their ads. I've never heard of it being an issue before, not from my clients, and not from any providers either.

7 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

The ladies post the number in their ads. All you have to do is check, and make sure you are texting the same number posted. Double check if you need to before hitting send. I'm not a client, so I don't know how many providers you guys come across posting the wrong number in their ads. I've never heard of it being an issue before, not from my clients, and not from any providers either.

My work number has received a few wrong numbers.  One from a little old lady looking for her friend. The other constantly wanting Raul to fill in at work.... My Auto reply goes off.... Ooops.  

I would hope these guys can cut and paste the right number.

7 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Oh here’s a fun one! A provider that’s active on p411 but does not advertise changed her number, even said through PM that she prefers text but never updated the number in her profile. So I texted the listed number with pertinent information only to get a “dude wrong number” response. 

She updated it after I shot another PM.

I won’t say it’s common but it’s not exactly unheard of for listed phone numbers to be incorrect or no longer working. Which is why I generally hit all listed forms of context provided. 

I'm sure a lot of guys around here are different but if I see a lady that I'd like to meet, I almost always start with "Hi" insert name here maybe. I may say it looks like you have just what I am looking for, but really, if the lady is too busy, too lazy too full of herself to say 'Hi" back, then I probably dont want to waste my time and money with her either.

I dont lis pushing these little letters on the phone either if its a waste of time..

Maybe I should have pre recorded message.

"Hey, you look hot and I'd love to meet you. Can I get your rates, rules and general location?"

Then set up a time after her response

Edited by Mike940370

14 minutes ago, Mike940370 said:

I'm sure a lot of guys around here are different but if I see a lady that I'd like to meet, I almost always start with "Hi" insert name here maybe. I may say it looks like you have just what I am looking for, but really, if the lady is too busy, too lazy too full of herself to say 'Hi" back, then I probably dont want to waste my time and money with her either.

I dont lis pushing these little letters on the phone either if its a waste of time..

Maybe I should have pre recorded message.

"Hey, you look hot and I'd love to meet you. Can I get your rates, rules and general location?"

Then set up a time after her response

You jest but I do use a canned message I created a while ago I send. 2 actually; one for new ladies and one for those I’ve seen before. Copy, paste, send. 

20 minutes ago, Mike940370 said:

You already know ithose aren't the reasons why ladies don't respond to "Hi" texts. You been around long enough to know its because providers receive so many of them a day, and the majority are just timewasters, and they can't spend 90% of their day texting back and forth with time wasters. Just like in this thread, ladies and gentlemen have stated this time and time again. Yes, a Newbie may have an excuse, but you don't 

Now this ^^^^ is what's lazy.

1 hour ago, JoDoe27 said:

Oh here’s a fun one! A provider that’s active on p411 but does not advertise changed her number, even said through PM that she prefers text but never updated the number in her profile. So I texted the listed number with pertinent information only to get a “dude wrong number” response. 

She updated it after I shot another PM.

I won’t say it’s common but it’s not exactly unheard of for listed phone numbers to be incorrect or no longer working. Which is why I generally hit all listed forms of context provided. 

I can definitely see gentlemen msging the wrong number to a lady that is saved in their phone. Ladies change their numbers for different reasons, and I myself have msgd an old number, and had to go verify with her profile to see if its changed after getting no response. 

Btw, thanks for being a sweetie pie, and letting the YL know she still had her old number posted in her profile.  😊