Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MelindaMadison

Western Slope Wineries

6 posts in this topic

If you could only fit in ONE winery (or TWO) in a hit and run passing through type of visit.... (open early evening..food/charcuterie a plus) in Palisades or Grand Junction ....what would be your choice? 

So. Many. Of. Them. (joy!) 

2 Rivers Winery in Grand Junction produces an excellent Cabernet.

Last count, there were 28 wineries in the Grand Valley. I used to live there and continue to visit twice a year.

I love Meadery of the Rockies.  They use honey to make their wines. Their wines have a crisp flavor that is delicious. My favorites - apricot, peach, and blackberry. This is a must visit place.

There are so many good wineries in Palisade.  It is difficult to pick out one.  

Whitewater Hill Vineyards has won numerous awards.  I think they have the best wines overall.

Restaurants are few and far between in Palisade. I like to stay in Grand Junction, lots to do there, then visit wineries in Palisade.

The trees will soon be blooming in the valley. It is an incredibly beautiful sight coming into Palisade seeing the trees in full bloom.  Planning a visit there in the next few weeks. Never disappointed. 👍

5 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

2 Rivers Winery in Grand Junction produces an excellent Cabernet.

Cabs are always a good decision in my world... thank you! 

Hope you have an excellent visit, and we look forward to hearing the results.;)