sparkey600

Grumpy old Man, "Stay off My Lawn! LOL!

48 posts in this topic

Lately things have been bothering me that I would have given a pass to a few years ago. 

My neighbor is stealing my trash service, leaving his trash next to mine. I checked with our "shared" trash service and he is not paying, not on the pick up list...He leaves his trash next to mine so he doesn't have to pay..Most of the time I really wouldn't mind but he leaves his trash cans in front of my house for a few days after pick up, I politely park them in the middle of his driveway after a day or two of being in front of my house. (what are good neighbors for after all?) On another note, and his dogs bark excessively through my fence at my dog, funny thing is my damn dog doesn't bark at all, never...He knows better, and is a good dog as his his breed.

Question? I happen to be a  "no BS kind of guy" You piss me off", you will hear from me..I'm wondering how you on here would deal with a similar situation?

Trust me, I know...I like to "live and let live" Not in this case. Just wondering what you all might think!

Peace!

I have a dog whistle and when my neighbors dogs start barking, I blow the hell out of it. They do eventually stop barking. My dogs do not bark and they look at me crazy when I blow the damn whistle.  

I live in a neighborhood where most are retired and nosey. They are quick to call animal control on the barking dogs. I prefer to try and keep the peace...or just set off a M80! They shut the hell up after that. But the whole neighborhood is awake after I get pissed off like that.😏

To the trash situation that would not fly with me and I would be having a talk with my neighbor for sure. 

Just remember that Thou shalt Love Thy Neighbor...😁

I have a homemade Invoice I send to my clients. I could send to you in a .docx and you can post on your neighbors door if you'd like. 

Why are returning his empty trash cans back to his driveway? Take them into your garage.  They have been abandoned on your property.

I would talk to the neighbor about him putting his trash cans next to yours. If he continues to do it after talking, maybe move his full trash cans in front of his driveway.

Can you move where you set your trash so it is very obvious he is stealing from your trash service?

I like Bit’s idea of taking his empty trash containers and putting them in your garage.

Its tempting to call the police on this.  If you that, be sure to take pics for evidence.

As far as the barking dogs, call animal control. They will issue him a citation after several complaints.

Ask your neighbor politely to pay half of the trash service. If he refuses, or gets nasty, shrug it off, say ok, see what happens. If his cans appear again, put a sign on his cans for the trash man to take those cans as trash too.

Well if you don't want to confront him,  take his trash inside your property if it isn't too much to handle. Then set it back out the night after it is picked up, in front of his place.  That should send him a message. As for the dog, cities have policies about this. You or another neighbor should ask him first, to correct the problem. He might not know it bothers you. Enough fair and actual reports will get the city  to notify him of the problem. If he doesn't correct the problem, then they will send a summons to municipal court.  

I would return the full trashcans to his driveway, before the trash was collected. After you have done this for a couple of weeks, he will be forced to find a different solution.

It is rather bold of him to leave his trashcans in front of your house. He isn't trying to hind that he is using your trash service. Maybe he thinks it is okay.

Man to me bold is a lot of the comments so far. Don’t take his cans, don’t call the cops, don’t be passive aggressive starting out. 

Just talk to the dude. Start there. A simple conversation could work wonders. If no one has complained then maybe he doesn’t think it’s a problem. If you do talk to him and it persists contact your waste management and clarify what’s happening. Contact animal control often and they’ll work it out. 

Why talk to him, move his cans or any of the rest? Call the trash company, tell them what is going on, mark your can/dumpster and let them deal with him.  If he places his trash there again and it is not picked up call cops and report him for illegal dumping.  Your neighbor is a dick and a thief.

I went through This in Katy, Texas. My neighbor was a Nazi B#!$@... She would leave buckets of anti freeze by my Fences Border, She would Dump her trash In my Bins daily. And let her Cats shyt in my yard!!

I DID try to Talk to her and Got Day old Coffee tossed On my Car and called Every Name in the book..

I just had a Motion Camera installed I got from Amazon, collected evidence with out a word to her and took her to court. She had to Pay damages, Fines for intentional animal endangerment, And she had to pay six months of my trash bill.

Only reason she didn't get Jail time was because she was In her 60's crying a sob story about Not having Family nearby and on Budgeted Income...NOT IN KATY FOLKS 😂 ...And I told the judge Jail time is a bit excessive! I just wanted to UN neighborly torture to stop. 

A year Later she Sold her House and I had a Block party and Started Private Incalls 😃

As my first suggestion was fair and civil, I wanted to add one a bit more aggressive in case you are so inclined...however, I need a bit more information.  How big are his dogs....would they fit inside his trash cans?

I support  the idea of a "friendly" conversation first and see where it goes. No results or rude pushback? Call the trash company as gr8owl suggests and let them handle it.  I wouldnt touch his stuff,  even his trash. One consideration - -if you escalate, is he likely to up the ante? Doesn't mean you shouldn't address the issue, just think about unintended consequences when deciding your approach..... Good luck, keep us posted.  

Maybe just ask him if he's doing okay? 

Tell him you have noticed him using your trash service and that the service is only X$/mth - and since you have been observing him use yours you want to make sure he's alright?  If he implies yes, ask him how he feels about splitting the cost and getting a 2 for the price of one deal?

To get the ball rolling simply take his trash cans (if he leaves there after the pick up day) and put in your garage.  Tell him the neighbors have been looking at you like some deadbeat who leaves his trash cans on the street:)

Don't know what to tell you about the dog.  They bark.  And a fence between two dogs is as good a dog trainer as you will find.  

4 hours ago, Chrissy said:

I went through This in Katy, Texas. My neighbor was a Nazi B#!$@... She would leave buckets of anti freeze by my Fences Border, She would Dump her trash In my Bins daily. And let her Cats shyt in my yard!!

I DID try to Talk to her and Got Day old Coffee tossed On my Car and called Every Name in the book..

I just had a Motion Camera installed I got from Amazon, collected evidence with out a word to her and took her to court. She had to Pay damages, Fines for intentional animal endangerment, And she had to pay six months of my trash bill.

Only reason she didn't get Jail time was because she was In her 60's crying a sob story about Not having Family nearby and on Budgeted Income...NOT IN KATY FOLKS 😂 ...And I told the judge Jail time is a bit excessive! I just wanted to UN neighborly torture to stop. 

A year Later she Sold her House and I had a Block party and Started Private Incalls 😃

My neighbor had a cat like this. I got lucky though, the cat disappeared and no one knows where it went. :D

On 4/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, Admiral C said:

Ask your neighbor politely to pay half of the trash service. If he refuses, or gets nasty, shrug it off, say ok, see what happens. If his cans appear again, put a sign on his cans for the trash man to take those cans as trash too.

This would be my suggestion as well. Why not split it? Damn trash service is expensive. I think it's like $80 for 3 months now when it used to be $30. Gosh!

Or maybe you could attach to his wifi. hahaha He gets the wifi bill, and you get the trash bill. That sounds fair.

Edited by Audrey Astor

On 4/8/2019 at 5:10 PM, boink36 said:

My neighbor had a cat like this. I got lucky though, the cat disappeared and no one knows where it went. :D

I'd be mad too if a neighbor's cat had a block party and didn't invite me.

5 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

This would be my suggestion as well. Why not split it? Damn trash service is expensive. I think it's like $80 for 3 months now when it used to be $30. Gosh!

Yeah, seriously, this neighbor is a slob and a service thief. Advertise an estate sale at his address if he doesn't shape up.

On 4/8/2019 at 2:57 AM, fishndude57 said:

I have a homemade Invoice I send to my clients. I could send to you in a .docx and you can post on your neighbors door if you'd like. 

That would be perfect, thanks! Although I'm going to have a "talk" Thanks so much! 

On 4/8/2019 at 3:31 PM, hornyoldtoad said:

Maybe just ask him if he's doing okay? 

Tell him you have noticed him using your trash service and that the service is only X$/mth - and since you have been observing him use yours you want to make sure he's alright?  If he implies yes, ask him how he feels about splitting the cost and getting a 2 for the price of one deal?

To get the ball rolling simply take his trash cans (if he leaves there after the pick up day) and put in your garage.  Tell him the neighbors have been looking at you like some deadbeat who leaves his trash cans on the street:)

Don't know what to tell you about the dog.  They bark.  And a fence between two dogs is as good a dog trainer as you will find.  

He just bought a new boat, now there is two boats in his front yard and in his back yard I have to to look at I think he might afford trash service. A 30 cabin cruiser and a 21 foot speed boat now. 

1 hour ago, N6_in_the_village said:

Yeah, seriously, this neighbor is a slob and a service thief. Advertise an estate sale at his address if he doesn't shape up.

Oh that would be so great! See my later comments....He is such a ass....

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

Or maybe you could attach to his wifi. hahaha He gets the wifi bill, and you get the trash bill. That sounds fair.

He can afford it, see me comments below. Just bought boat #2. No, he's a douche in my book!

On 4/8/2019 at 0:26 PM, Chrissy said:

I've been waiting for him to sell his house for years. His Mom is loaded and bought it from him 2 years ago, checked the county records. 

I'm really thinking about moving. i can't stand a neighbor like him. 

On 4/8/2019 at 4:46 AM, Bit Banger said:

Why are returning his empty trash cans back to his driveway? Take them into your garage.  They have been abandoned on your property.

Good point. Or I could possibly cut them up with a sazall and dispose of them properly??

On 4/8/2019 at 5:10 PM, boink36 said:

I'm sure the cat found a good new home!

On 4/8/2019 at 11:47 AM, gr8owl said:

Why talk to him, move his cans or any of the rest? Call the trash company, tell them what is going on, mark your can/dumpster and let them deal with him.  If he places his trash there again and it is not picked up call cops and report him for illegal dumping.  Your neighbor is a dick and a thief.

Agreed he is a super dick and a thief. I've called the trash company. OK..they are a trash company. They really don't care. After all they are a trash company. I tried to get them to "turn off his service" They are a trash company and couldn't really give a shit.

I'm going to give it to him "between his eyes" because that's what he needs to understand what a dick he's being. He just bought ANOTHER NEW BOAT (2 boats a cabin cruiser and a speed boat) so he can afford trash service, one thing he can't afford is me an an enemy. Enough said. I will get my point across.

On 4/8/2019 at 1:31 AM, Kandi Apple said:

I have a dog whistle and when my neighbors dogs start barking, I blow the hell out of it. They do eventually stop barking. My dogs do not bark and they look at me crazy when I blow the damn whistle.  

I live in a neighborhood where most are retired and nosey. They are quick to call animal control on the barking dogs. I prefer to try and keep the peace...or just set off a M80! They shut the hell up after that. But the whole neighborhood is awake after I get pissed off like that.😏

To the trash situation that would not fly with me and I would be having a talk with my neighbor for sure. 

Just remember that Thou shalt Love Thy Neighbor...😁

There is no neighbor like mine

Fuck my neighbor as he has fucked me HAHAHA

See the later responses, we are not talking about someone that's just getting by here. He's a douche that thinks we all live in his world.

On 4/8/2019 at 2:42 PM, sb1212 said:

I support  the idea of a "friendly" conversation first and see where it goes. No results or rude pushback? Call the trash company as gr8owl suggests and let them handle it.  I wouldnt touch his stuff,  even his trash. One consideration - -if you escalate, is he likely to up the ante? Doesn't mean you shouldn't address the issue, just think about unintended consequences when deciding your approach..... Good luck, keep us posted.  

Thanks, see all of my posts. I wish it could be easy but he happens to be a "me first kind of guy" always has been. I get along with all of my other neighbors and they all agree the "he" is a douche. Unfortunately I'm the one with a spine and they are all like "gummy bears" wanting me to protect them since I have a spine. I really don't get that but Oh well. 

If you are a no BS kind of guy, why don't you just go talk to him and tell him to quit leaving him trash by your container because you know he doesn't pay for trash removal.  You say he doesn't pay for trash pickup but he has trashcans?

On 4/8/2019 at 4:46 AM, Bit Banger said:

Oh man...   good idea.