Juanmotai

Dating websites

29 posts in this topic

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about dating sites. I've recently went on a binge, thus my absence from TOB, and I've been very unimpressed. I tried zoosk, POF and match and now I realize why I'd rather hobby. If this is the state of dating these days I'm just going to stay single and hobby. Guys complain about how the ladies on this site dont look like their pictures,  and I've been guilty of it myself, but holy gee  willikers.. anyway, now that I have that failed experiment out of the way, I can return to the happy world of lobbying.  Hobby on hobbyers,  because the dating world is a total shit show. 

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't remember which one I tried a couple o years back, but it was more bait n switch than TOB, actually I've never had that issue but many say. I did meet one gal I bought lunch for and Aint Bee showed up. Actually a really great time but needless to say I cancelled my membership. I just googled it...eHarmony. Never ever again. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to join eHarmony. Answered their questions honestly. They declined my membership.  I didn’t fit their moral profile. 

I tried OurTime for a month in the PHX area.  One nibble, but no date.  Cancelled, and a month later had to cancel my credit card.  It was full of spurious charges, some of them South African.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dated for awhile. I never found any real quality people. And, my thoughts are that most of the people on dating sites (men and women), are not really interested in dating. They are interested in boosting their ego or self esteem by seeing just how many people they can interact with and get on their line. ehhhh, I'm with you @Juanmotai, I am perfectly happy with my hobby life as it is much easier and much more satisfying. I have not thought about dating in a few years. 

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the ladies of this dating site (TOB) satisfy hormonal issues, other human needs remain unfulfilled.  Miss Fur Face snuggles at night, she purrs in my ear, and even naps in my lap while watching TV.  But she doesn’t fill the empty seat across the table at dinner, hold my hand in the theater or during a walk ‘round the park, and she doesn’t stimulate me conversationally.  Things are worse when the environment is dominated by couples.  Some folks have family to address these needs; not I.  I’m mostly self-sufficient and keep busy.  But as the flock starts their northward migration, the walls close in at night and the emptiness looms in my heart. 😞

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, you guys are better than marriage counselors - think I'll take some flowers home tonight.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

WOW, you guys are better than marriage counselors - think I'll take some flowers home tonight.

Good idea 🌹🌷🌺🌸🌼🌻

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For men, the humane society is a better place to find a living and caring companion than the dating sites.

7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mountainrider33 said:

For men, the humane society is a better place to find a living and caring companion than the dating sites.

That’s where I found Miss Fur Face 😁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using Tinder. Only met a couple of very nice ladies, and we were not a good match. However, I'd rather meet a few people who are nice, than never meet anyone. 

Dinner and convo, is better than sitting at home! :P

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I tried to join eHarmony. Answered their questions honestly. They declined my membership.  I didn’t fit their moral profile. 

 

Yeah, answering honestly would get most of us declined!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pfunk said:

I've been using Tinder. Only met a couple of very nice ladies, and we were not a good match. However, I'd rather meet a few people who are nice, than never meet anyone. 

Dinner and convo, is better than sitting at home! :P

I thought that too at first. Then I met a lady who was awesome as hell, up till she finished the 2nd glass of wine. Then holy hell. I'm just glad we were in a public place. It was embarrassing, but i was able to leave peacefully and let uber put up with her. Then had the nerve to text me the next morning saying she was sorry but she didn't feel we are a match. Hahaha. You think?? 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few younger guys report success with Bumble. The girl makes the initial contact. If he likes her then they take it from there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found Match and Our Time to be a lot of work for nearly no return. Found one lady that I wanted to see past the initial coffee. 90% of my messages got no reply. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion; maybe the problem isn’t with the ladies. 

I’ve personally had a lot of success with online dating. The relationships clearly didn’t last but it was fun while they were happening.  To me it’s no different than randomly picking someone up at a brewery or even the grocery store or wherever out in the wild you’d like to be.  Cultivating an attractive online profile does require some work...actually a lot of work and it can be annoying because there’s a thought of “what else do they want?” but once you get the hang of it you’re pretty set. And it’s not always quick finding someone. I started having fun with it and would just fire off silly messages based off something minor in their profile and see what came back. There is no harm in DMing someone so fuck it, have fun. If they don’t respond oh well. On to the next one. 

I find people take an ultra serious approach to online dating. I’m not sure why but that seems to be what I pick up on a lot. Relax, shoot a few messages, go about your day. If you think you’d have more luck in the wild give that a shot and compare your success rate. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, inkspot said:

A few younger guys report success with Bumble. The girl makes the initial contact. If he likes her then they take it from there.

I used that as my reasoning , to all of my friends, of how I met a woman I was dating last year.  I haven't actually used it but it looked interesting.  I used POF most recently and I was inundated with fake profiles hitting me up with scams.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

For men, the humane society is a better place to find a living and caring companion than the dating sites.

Definitely, I agree!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been awhile, but I found them to be a VERY low percentage play. Print was easy enough to rationalize different perceptions of "toned, " but with today's pictures and lengthy descriptions of "the package and it's contents," on most of the e sites, I totally don't get the rampant deception. I mean, Jesus!! At some point, we're going to meet....

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point in life, I don't know if  it is worth the hassle anymore.  

19 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

For men, the humane society is a better place to find a living and caring companion than the dating sites.

At this point in life I totally agree. I have been to the shelters and it is heart wrenching  to see all those sad faces. Pitbulls fill the shelters here because some cities ban them.  As for the sites,  I find them pretty useless. A lot of fake ads or old pics.  A lot of no responses. A couple that I have met had more baggage then a Fed Ex plane.  It is nice to go out , without the meter running so fast. There are still costs and a few dates to get to your objective. Here,  it is a given and you know exactly everything going into the date. So to each his own.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

For men, the humane society is a better place to find a living and caring companion than the dating sites.

I definitely agree!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 2:01 PM, Bit Banger said:

I tried to join eHarmony. Answered their questions honestly. They declined my membership.  I didn’t fit their moral profile. 

 

I tried to sign up for eHarmony years ago. I just got frustrated and angry with their Gestapo type of interrogation, repetitively asking the same question page after page with slightly different wording to see what type of response I’d give. 

 

On 4/5/2019 at 9:40 PM, sb1212 said:

I found Match and Our Time to be a lot of work for nearly no return. Found one lady that I wanted to see past the initial coffee. 90% of my messages got no reply. 

 

On 4/6/2019 at 4:12 AM, mountainrider33 said:

I used that as my reasoning , to all of my friends, of how I met a woman I was dating last year.  I haven't actually used it but it looked interesting.  I used POF most recently and I was inundated with fake profiles hitting me up with scams.

I wonder how many of these sites use fake profiles with tempting lines to lure along unsuspecting members to continually renew their subscriptions. Ashley Madison freely admitted to doing this and if I remember correctly even a supposedly legit site like MATCH admitted to doing this.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, amcbl1 said:

I tried to sign up for eHarmony years ago. I just got frustrated and angry with their Gestapo type of interrogation, repetitively asking the same question page after page with slightly different wording to see what type of response I’d give. 

 

 

I wonder how many of these sites use fake profiles with tempting lines to lure along unsuspecting members to continually renew their subscriptions. Ashley Madison freely admitted to doing this and if I remember correctly even a supposedly legit site like MATCH admitted to doing this.

The only thing that kept me engaged is that my sister found someone on Match.  She is, of course, much better looking than me. And younger. I have since shut down.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 2:32 PM, Audrey Astor said:

I dated for awhile. I never found any real quality people. And, my thoughts are that most of the people on dating sites (men and women), are not really interested in dating. They are interested in boosting their ego or self esteem by seeing just how many people they can interact with and get on their line. ehhhh, I'm with you @Juanmotai, I am perfectly happy with my hobby life as it is much easier and much more satisfying. I have not thought about dating in a few years. 

 

Darn, Maybe we should date hint hint.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Turtle138 said:

Darn, Maybe we should date hint hint.

 

A hobby date? lol  ;):wub:  That's an introductory to my dorky side. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many negatives in all areas tough to make any kind of connection

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not one for monogamy. Partnership? Cool. But fucking is fun. No need to only fuck one person. Lots of folks like the idea of "open" but keep running into ladies who can't handle it. Cest la vie.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, Juanmotai said:

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about dating sites. I've recently went on a binge, thus my absence from TOB, and I've been very unimpressed. I tried zoosk, POF and match and now I realize why I'd rather hobby. If this is the state of dating these days I'm just going to stay single and hobby. Guys complain about how the ladies on this site dont look like their pictures,  and I've been guilty of it myself, but holy gee  willikers.. anyway, now that I have that failed experiment out of the way, I can return to the happy world of lobbying.  Hobby on hobbyers,  because the dating world is a total shit show. 

You’ve been missed😘

Best way to find the special one is to stop looking and allow it to find you. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2019 at 10:57 AM, Laci French said:

Best way to find the special one is to stop looking and allow it to find you. 

I tried that 15 years ago and I am still waiting! :lol:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 2:47 PM, fork said:

I tried that 15 years ago and I am still waiting! :lol:

You're not looking not hard enough!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now