mountainman4u72

How do you take your coffee?

72 posts in this topic

Well good morning all! This seems like a valid topic for a Monday. As I sit here and enjoy a cup of coffee and read the fun topics that keep coming up I thought why not see what everyone's preferences are for their morning cups of coffee.

My routine is fresh ground at home (medium roast) with a splash of creamer and whipped into a frothy goodness. :-) I'll also venture to one of our local coffee shops for a stronger espresso drink for busy days.

Love to hear how you all get your days going or maintain that level of production. ;-)

Wish you all well on a Monday. Off to get another cup.

Black With Sugar , Medium or Dark Roast. How ever my Keurig pumps it out I take it :)

Blended Grande Iced Frappacino if I am out and about :)

Edited by Chrissy

Double Espresso from my trusted Breville.  Usually 2 to kick start the day.  No sugar

Coffee delivered by sexy delivery man.....(yes...that's a Thing with me...) ;) medium roast with almond milk or even a BulletProof concoction on the weekend.   

1 minute ago, MelindaMadison said:

Coffee delivered by sexy delivery man.....(yes...that's a Thing with me...) ;) medium roast with almond milk or even a BulletProof concoction on the weekend.   

Bulletproof is on my list to try, just haven't 'pulled the trigger." ;)  Kind of worried to get addicted to them.

Espresso from my over priced coffee maker! Black or sometimes with a splash of cream 

Fresh ground, black no cream or sugar dark roast espresso blend from the Jack Mormon Coffee Company shipped to me from Salt Lake City as incongruous as that may sound.

1 hour ago, airamericavet65 said:

Fresh ground, black no cream or sugar dark roast espresso blend from the Jack Mormon Coffee Company shipped to me from Salt Lake City as incongruous as that may sound.

Sounds Fantastic! Pretty Darn Good Coffee , That Blonde roast you got me was Delicious as well!

Black. No cream or sugar and piping hot. A biscotti to add some sweetness

Edited by Alex Majors

Oh, just black at home...is my basic comfort drink all day long.  Isn't the latest data saying it's healthy? lol  At restaurants, I doctor it up...turbinado sugar and creamer.  Love it when french vanilla is available. Then less sugar is required.  Oh, wow, the New Orleans coffee with chicory. love it!  Let's see...where's the Tums?

I’m always in a rush in the morning.

K-cup of Laughing Cow and a whole bunch of Heavy Whipping Cream.

Good topic!

For me it has to be fresh ground, medium roasted, Americano (espresso + some water), black. No flavors, no sugar or milk... no anything! :)

And for the after lunch coffee, a freshly ground espresso, also black.

I’m so in love with coffee I can drink it any way, any where at any time! Haha 

but if I had to choose, dirty chai with rose🌹

Espresso. Double double. Straight, no chaser.

Half caf after lunch.

I like my coffee like I like my women: Dark, strong and bitter, with just a hint of sweetness.

5 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

...the Jack Mormon Coffee Company  shipped to me from Salt Lake City....

I lived in Salt Lake City for a few years - many years ago, and find this to be absolutely hilarious.  Salt Lake must have changed a bit in the last 40 years, this name would have gotten the founders of that company run out of town back then.

I learned to drink coffee on the ranges of Ft. Leonard Wood.  Put it in a tin cup just  trying to warm my fingers.  The massive line for cream or sugar meant BLACK!

For a treat I’ll fix an Italian-style machiatto or a Cubano, both espresso based drinks.  Of course the cafe au’lait  at Cafe du Monde in NOLA is always great.

20 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

I lived in Salt Lake City for a few years - many years ago, and find this to be absolutely hilarious.  Salt Lake must have changed a bit in the last 40 years, this name would have gotten the founders of that company run out of town back then.

You're absolutely correct they have progressed a little bit Jack Mormons Coffee Company also sells a hot chocolate call The Bishop's special haven't figured out yet how they haven't been ostracized but the place is always crowded every time I go in

Well someone has to be the odd man out.  I have tried it twice.  Once in a -50 windchill while working on the farm.  Second time our local quick shop had gotten an espresso machine and would give you a small cup to try.  Did not like it either time and never acquired the taste.  So it is usually water or OJ for me.

nespresso all the way - every day - nothing but the coffee - love that machine - the stronger the better!

7 hours ago, mountainman4u72 said:

Well good morning all! This seems like a valid topic for a Monday. As I sit here and enjoy a cup of coffee and read the fun topics that keep coming up I thought why not see what everyone's preferences are for their morning cups of coffee.

My routine is fresh ground at home (medium roast) with a splash of creamer and whipped into a frothy goodness. :-) I'll also venture to one of our local coffee shops for a stronger espresso drink for busy days.

Love to hear how you all get your days going or maintain that level of production. ;-)

Wish you all well on a Monday. Off to get another cup.

This whole thread is blatant discrimination against tea drinkers!! :D

LearNed in that Army so HOT AND BLACK. My 1st Sgt who was bl a caused to Say I like my coffee like I like my women - hot,black and sweet. 

I'm a cheapskate!  Kroger ground medium roast. Kroger french vanilla creamer. 

I make two cups in the morning, drink one before I leave, and take one with. 

I love to stop by Hot-Chick-A-Latte when I'm in the neighborhood. I like the "Morning Wood", and the girls, of course!

50 years later and I am still trying to find out who made the instant coffee packed in our C-ration boxes in Vietnam. That stuff had enough caffeine to raise the dead! The taste was actually pretty good, even though the venue lacked something in ambiance. Cutting a few small slices off a block of C4 plastique explosive to burn and heat water for your morning coffee, well you just can't duplicate that experience in modern America. The aluminum canteen cup was so much nicer than any paper or plastic contraption at today's coffee shop. Just in case I haven't mentioned it, the price was great! When Uncle Sam said you were going on an all expense paid vacation, that meant all expenses (transportation, food, clothing, medical care, ammunition, everything); beer was only $2.40 per case, cigarettes were $1.90 per carton, and Canadian Club whiskey was $1.90 per quart. Of course, refrigeration, air conditioning, and ice were in pretty short supply most of the time.

So, occasionally my old mind wanders a bit.

When at home I go all out with nothing but the finest...dark roast Folgers brewed in my fancy $35.00 Mr. Coffee pot, no cream/sugar, sipped out of a chipped Pittsburgh Steelers mug. When out and about, my expensive taste really shine through and I splurge for gas station brew....nothing but the best for my pampered ass.

Edited by Juskiddng

Went to a trade show many years ago and got introduced to Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.  Heard how much the price was per pound and laughed.  Had it and was hooked.  Otherwise, any dark roasted coffee...black!

1 hour ago, Juskiddng said:

When at home I go all out with nothing but the finest...dark roast Folgers brewed in my fancy $35.00 Mr. Coffee pot, no cream/sugar, sipped out of a chipped Pittsburgh Steelers mug. When out and about, my expensive taste really shine through and I splurge for gas station brew....nothing but the best for my pampered ass.

There is just one thing wrong with the way you drink your coffee...you’re drinking it out of a Pittsburgh Steelers cup.

It will taste a lot better if you use a Denver Bronco’s cup. 😂😂

So has anyone heard of Kopi Luwak?  It comes from Indonesia and is the most expensive coffee in the world. A jungle cat eats the beans.  The cats digest  the outer bean covering  and they process the bean that comes out.  The person who thought of this, must of really needed a cup of coffee.