Seeker5280

Be kind, you never know what one is going through.

53 posts in this topic

Be kind, you never know what one is going through.

I lifted these few words from a tweet I saw. 

Right now they are the words that haunt me.

I pissed off my atf yesterday and was kicked to the curb and sent packing.

I am so sorry for my behavior.

I sure do wish I could put the toothpaste back into the tube. 

LOL, that's the only thing we men are good for evidently. I told a friend she might want to check out an exercise program as for her height and weight, she might wanna get back to fighting condition. That was 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard from her since. I'm not one to talk tho, I could use some toning myself. Never throw stones in a glass house I suppose. 

Know what both of you are going through. Been there done that, sometimes something said cannot be un-said. It goes both ways.

Keep the faith.

Most of the time, women are more sensitive than men. It’s hard. 

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

Most of the time, women are more sensitive than men. It’s hard. 

Agree, but women have very sharp tongues and or fingers on the keyboard.

My advice...

If you haven't yet...apologise, sincerely. Second, offer to help now, or in the future, if she ever needs it. Thirdly...shut up, and hope for the best. 

I agree, kindness is the best course.

Edited by pfunk

44 minutes ago, pfunk said:

My advice...

If you haven't yet...apologise, sincerely. Second, offer to help now, or in the future, if she ever needs it. Thirdly...shut up, and hope for the best. 

I agree, kindness is the best course.

I did almost exactly that. I apoligized for the argument and asked her to stay. Three months later, she  did text me.  She was in a bind and really needed my help. Told me I was the only stable person  she could ever count on. Things weren't like they used to be but it was nice. She actually apoligized  for what she did. After 4 months, she was back on her feet and  didn't need me any more.  I haven't heard back from her for a couple of months. That's life. 

The most dangerous question I have ever been asked "do these clothes make me look fat"???

8 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

LOL, that's the only thing we men are good for evidently. I told a friend she might want to check out an exercise program as for her height and weight, she might wanna get back to fighting condition. That was 3 weeks ago. Haven't heard from her since. I'm not one to talk tho, I could use some toning myself. Never throw stones in a glass house I suppose. 

I know absolutely nothing about women but even I know better than to say something like this. I can't believe you're not sleeping with the fishes. :D

1 hour ago, mustang said:

The most dangerous question I have ever been asked "do these clothes make me look fat"???

Lol. It's a trap! 😉

I told a friend she might want to check out an exercise program as for her height and weight, she might wanna get back to fighting condition.

Honestly ladies do not want to see men who say such comments sleeping with the fishes instead most would prefer that he live a long life in order so he can think about what he said for a very long time...LOL....Only joking of course....

However seeing this made me realize there have been times here where I was less than considerate of others here feelings with some of the things that I said because I was having a difficult time in my own life and instead of facing it, I projected my anger onto others and for that I do apologize to anyone here who I was less than compassionate about their situation and I hope that you will accept my apology for that...We all have our own issues we each have to deal with that no one else is aware of and that is why it is important instead of taking it out on someone else we think of what we say before we say it....And as that chapter in my life is over and I have come to grips with that fact, I just wanted to thank you all for putting up with my less than positive attitude on occasion and if you ever need to vent just know I am here and would be happy to return the favor that those here did for me....While we never truly express the importance of having good people in our lives, this place is a place filled with wonderful people and thank you all for taking the time to share a little piece of your life with the rest of us, as that is what makes this place so very special...I do hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and thanks again for being you....

Absolutely💜we’re all dealing with our own realities. I’ve even learned this year, even something as simple as venting to a friend. It’s best to say, “are you in a head Space to hold some space for me Right now to vent?” Or “would you like me to share my opinion?” Makes a world a difference 

12 hours ago, mustang said:

uJd05Lw.jpg?1

Practicing mindful speech is challenging.  Trying to remember that words can be so hurtful (even when unintended) is hard to practice, perfectly.  And once those words leave our mouths, there is no pulling them back.  Sometimes those words can be deal breakers and the damage can't be undone.  Fortunately, many times a genuine apology can work.  The apology doesn't mean that the words are forgotten, but sometimes grace and forgiveness can happen.  I've put my foot in my mouth more times than I can count, with a number of people.  I've tried to make amends.  Sometimes successfully and sometimes unsuccessfully.  In each instance, I have learned something that encourages me to practice kindness in my words, actions and thoughts.

I've always loved this quote below.  To me, you can apologize for something your fault, or apologize that wasn't your fault, and the other person will still have issues.  That's on them, not you.  I do know life moves on...and so do I.

tumblr_m6b88y0Zol1r0vh93o1_500.jpg

14 hours ago, mustang said:

I love getting this question. my answer is................"Take them off and lets find out. :D 

14 hours ago, mustang said:

Once being asked "do these pants make my ass look fat", I quickly learned the honest answer - It's not the pants fault, they are trying to cover the fact and it is quite a stretch - is seldom well received.

19 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

Agree, but women have very sharp tongues and or fingers on the keyboard.

I hope you’re not referring to moi.

This stuff isn’t all that serious. I’m probably guilty of trying to be too persuasive on my thoughts though.

Edited by Audrey Astor

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

I hope you’re not referring to moi.

This stuff isn’t all that serious. I’m probably guilty of trying to be too persuasive on my thoughts though.

Not at all, you have always been the perfect lady in all our communications, both in person and written. Thats why we all adore you.

8 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

I and many other guys are more like the guy in this video.

Damn!! I can really relate to that guy!

😡🤬😱

10 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

Talk about hitting the nail on the head. That is priceless!! Last time I was that guy, she labeled me as trying to be controlling.  I was just trying to help her to steer herself in the best direction. Nothing more. Because what she was doing wasn't working. 

Edited by Alex Majors

11 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

This video cracks me up everytime 🤦‍♀️

We all want and need someone to talk to, someone to listen to us.

Be a good person and just listen to someone today. It will help them.

Being kind to people will never hurt you.  It can, and often does, go a long way.

1 hour ago, JDMurray said:

Being kind to people will never hurt you.  It can, and often does, go a long way.

That is true. It lifts your spirits and hopefully theirs too. Just don't put money into that equation.  Most often it will go sour pretty fast. 

I think we need to be cognizant of our actions as well, and the words that our actions do or do not speak. I'm trying to be less judgmental and kind (smiling or a head nod) to everyone that I have contact with. Sometimes the words we choose can put someone at ease instead of on the defense.

2 hours ago, JDMurray said:

2 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Sometimes the words we choose can put someone at ease instead of on the defense.

Yeah, kind of like the major difference between:

"Wow, I would really like to fuck you."

and

"Fuck you!"

On 3/30/2019 at 9:18 PM, mustang said:

Just say, "compared to what?"