ilovewomen

Dr. Pimple Popper

19 posts in this topic

Anybody ever see this show?  It has a definite gross factor. 

I’ve watched a couple times 😱

Its on TLC channel

I have. I love that lady. She's so compassionate and funny, and tough too. Perfect individual to be in that field doing what she's doing. 💙

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

Yuck 🤢 

Is this really a show around zits?

It's more than zits. It's ppl with huge lumps on their backs or other parts of their body, that are ashamed and always hiding it someway to be in public.  They can't be themselves even in front of their partners. Always hiding and in the shadows. She really changes peoples lives. I have a lot of respect for people like that. They get their lives back. Its super sweet. 

Thanks for the clarification and I agree that anything that helps build others up is positive.  

We all should take more time to reach out to those around us and boost them up.  Pay positivity forward. 

While she does pop huge pimples and removes huge blackheads and such, most of what she does is the removal of fatty tissue from the lumps.  Sometimes she removes 3, 4, 5 pounds of fatty tissues.

I saw part of an episode where she removed several growths of what I would call barnacles from a persons body.

It really helps the self esteem of people who have been hiding in the darkness due to their lumps.

As I said, I’ve seen 2-3 episodes. Her patients arrive with their heads down and leave with huge smiles in their faces.

There is a yuck or gross factor, but I’ve seen worse.

Not trying to one up you but I stumbled on The Toe Bro on my streaming service. Also on You Tube.

It made me wince watching the Podiatrist remove ingrown toenails.  Brutal!  Never knew people walked around with such rotten feet.

You have been warned......   Definately not for the squeamish.

I like to watch both of these shows. It is interesting. Definitely not for everyone though.

7 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

While she does pop huge pimples and removes huge blackheads and such, most of what she does is the removal of fatty tissue from the lumps.  Sometimes she removes 3, 4, 5 pounds of fatty tissues.

I saw part of an episode where she removed several growths of what I would call barnacles from a persons body.

It really helps the self esteem of people who have been hiding in the darkness due to their lumps.

As I said, I’ve seen 2-3 episodes. Her patients arrive with their heads down and leave with huge smiles in their faces.

There is a yuck or gross factor, but I’ve seen worse.

This has me wondering if she can remove my beer gut? :D

6 hours ago, Kandi Apple said:

I like to watch both of these shows. It is interesting. Definitely not for everyone though.

Some of the stuff she does, I have to turn away. It can get gnarly. 😂

I've watched it, and it's a cant turn away type of solve. I do watch with a blanket half over my eyes for the real gross stuff.

But as others has said  the transformation of peoples confidence is amazing.

This show was on the internet recently, some of these pimples were the size of golf balls. Yuck is right

I like medical shows. I haven't seen that one but I've seen a few of one called Embarrassing Bodies (on Netflix).

It's about a group of doctors treating weird and embarrassing illnesses. It has a high gross factor as well :)

It's called Dr. Pimple Popper but she removes way more than just pimples.  I can't handle watching some of the removals and I've seen some pretty nasty things in my life. 

I can’t with this show, sometimes I will see it flipping, I immediately close my eyes and start hitting the buttons as quickly as I can.  Same goes with the show Botched. 

On 3/30/2019 at 11:55 AM, Hunter VanDyke said:

I have. I love that lady. She's so compassionate and funny, and tough too. Perfect individual to be in that field doing what she's doing. 💙

I have to agree! I've been watching her on youtube before she blew up and got all famous. Her bedside manner and ability to make people feel beautiful when ones are doubtful is amazing. 

At the end of each day, the bio-waste is sent to the bakery down the street. Customers there always ask..." Hey, your sign says Boston Creams with real Pustard....don't you mean to say "real Custard?"  "No...it's spelled exactly right!"

19 hours ago, Admiral C said:

At the end of each day, the bio-waste is sent to the bakery down the street. Customers there always ask..." Hey, your sign says Boston Creams with real Pustard....don't you mean to say "real Custard?"  "No...it's spelled exactly right!"

Dude.....