Calik8

Alternative screening ideas. I want to know.

40 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

There is no standard.  Some ladies require another visit every 3 months to keep a reference in good standing, and some ladies leave their tob references up for years. It's up to each provider. 

Screening comes in a variety of ways. 

If I speak with a inquiring gentlemen and he states that his hobby life has been all over the place for years. I will give him a chance to elaborate and drop the names of who he has seen.

I keep my references up for years. It is a way of saying when we met, he was a gentleman that I would see again.

As far as the screening goes I trust my gut. Some guys pass but a lot get shut down...

Sincerely ladies and gents, thank you for the replies on this topic. The only hope is, that if it's been so long that the references you use actually remember you and in a positive light. 

There are definitely ways to get through screening without references. The idea is generally to find someone that is of interest to you, who is newbie friendly, has a positive reputation, and you trust giving a bit of information. Then you will have a good reference, or the lady will turn you on to some of her friends etc. I've seen a few guys do this, and voila, now they have several references and reviews. Don't give up, and just make decisions that are of comfort to you. 

Edited by Audrey Astor

Many years ago,  see my signup date,  I emailed a lady that advertised on this board.  She did not post on the board, or had I.  Simple communication allowed my into her bedroom.  

Would that still happen?  For some it might.  Other, no way. 

ETA:  I am unable to screen a lady myself.  She won't tell me where she has been before.  

Edited by frankenthaler91

I have been using photo ID as a screening tool since last spring.  It cut no-show appointments by 90%, and I don't have to wait for reference replies.  A few have resisted, but overall it's worked well.  What pitfalls am I missing using this method?  I'm always looking for ways to be safer.

20 minutes ago, Miss Mandy said:

I have been using photo ID as a screening tool since last spring.  It cut no-show appointments by 90%, and I don't have to wait for reference replies.  A few have resisted, but overall it's worked well.  What pitfalls am I missing using this method?  I'm always looking for ways to be safer.

Ask for a cock pick😁

8 hours ago, Miss Mandy said:

That is effective but not foolproof. Recently it was used in the KC metro on a big sting. A drivers license and a real board handle. 24 arrests

I once had a gal insist on a photo ID, too bad, I really wanted to see her.

I don’t see how a photo ID serves to do anything other than screen out decent guys with a lot to lose.

if I were a gal I would rely on OKs and recommendations from providers.

Cops and perverts have photo IDs, but don’t have P411 OKs or TOB referrals.

The problem is that P411 has been closed to all new membership for exactly 1 year. So if you missed the boat as a provider or hobbyist, you have to do something else. P411 does now, let a new non-member girl see the guys oks. In order to verify him.  If P411 fades into retirement like Gina mentioned, your oks will vanish into thin air. I have been told that on the east coast, a photo ID is expected, if not the norm. I don't like the idea of my photo being out there. Who knows where it might end up. 

I used to rely exclusively on P411 OKs for verification, but recently have been building up my list of TOB Recommendations (by asking for them).  Now that I have more than a few, I find that I rarely use P411 at all, indeed I may pull the plug on P411 before Gina pulls the plug on us.  It seems, based solely on personal experience, that the ladies place as much faith in a TOB Recommendation as they do in a P411 OK.  In both cases, I think it is important to get more than a few, and to obtain them from providers who are well-known and reputable.  I think this may be a solution for the "but we can't join P411 any more" issue.

In ten years in this sport, I have only had to bother one provider (thank you sweet Laci) for an actual "reference" (meaning the new gal texted her and got back an apparently acceptable response). For the other 150-200 initial meetings I was able to obtain an appointment with either P411 OKs or TOB References.  I never have, and never will, send a photo ID.  For those ladies who think this is unreasonable, bear in mind that even if we trust you to not come to our house and boil the pet rabbit, we certainly don't trust the dirtbag who stole your cell phone with all those photo IDs inside, and I really don't trust the Officer who seized your cell phone with all those photo IDs inside.