decafnaetd

"Recharge" stations

23 posts in this topic

So I just took my first road trip in my electric car. When I mapped out the route, it took me by chargers along the way: Take this highway, stop in this town, charge for 20 minutes. Go to the next spot and stop and charge for an hour there. I just hopped from charger to charger. It was very useful.

It made me think that this map should exist for seeing ladies along the way: Take I70 West to Glenwood. Stop and see Trina for 30 minutes. Keep going until you get to Grand Junction. Stop and see Serafina for an hour. Keep going to Green River, Utah... Etc

I think it could work. I don't know if "recharged" is the state that I'd arrive in, but I bet I'd arrive in a pretty good mood!

Wouldn’t it be emptying stations?😉 

Where did you go on your trip?

Edited by Laci French

Just now, Laci French said:

Nap stations

2 hours ago, Laci French said:

Where did you go on your trip?

From CO to CA and back again. My dad had a lung transplant and he requires much post op care. 

12 hours ago, decafnaetd said:

From CO to CA and back again. My dad had a lung transplant and he requires much post op care. 

I hope he’s doing well and good for you to be there with him.🙏

Road trips are fun and if you ever head east don’t overlook Oakley, Kansas...that place has so much to offer😂

On 3/19/2019 at 5:27 PM, K2dnvrfun said:

Nap stations

Bj stations.

I sure hope your dad is doing ok and has a speedy recovery.❤️

This sounds eco friendly & rejuvenating 😂 just wait until there’s self driving cars 😉

On 3/19/2019 at 3:15 PM, gnarley_boy12 said:

Off the subject but Green Book was a great film.

Agreed! 

"Green Book" is an updated version of Driving Miss Daisy, no wonder the Academy liked it. Read the "real" Green Book, familiarize yourselves with the black history behind it. And stop the white washing. 

On 3/19/2019 at 8:00 PM, decafnaetd said:

Hope his recovery is going well.  I'm glad you were able to be there for him.  Take care of yourself so you can be there to help take care of him.

1 hour ago, average1 said:

Hope his recovery is going well.  I'm glad you were able to be there for him.  Take care of yourself so you can be there to help take care of him.

That's the plan. I'll be making several trips to let my step mom get some rest. There's a ton of after-care involved and she'll need the help!

Sending energy sounds like you’re a great support to your step mom! 

Say....looking at the cost of good electric cars......I'm curious. How much does a "charge" cost??

10 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Say....looking at the cost of good electric cars......I'm curious. How much does a "charge" cost??

Good question.

There is the cost to purchase from a charging station.

And then there is the cost to create and provide the electricity for charging.

21 hours ago, Admiral C said:

The cost of charge depends on several variables: The top three contributors are (1) the charging cost at the particular charging station.  (In my area at a public charger it runs $.50 per Kwh); (2) the capacity of the battery in kilowatts, and (3) the duration of .the charge. 

A full charge--depending on battery capacity--can run $8 - $10, and that's for a BIG battery (think Tesla).

21 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Depends on the area because rates differ from place to place, but I can generally charge from 10% to full (300-ish miles of range ) for about $10

11 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Good question.

There is the cost to purchase from a charging station.

And then there is the cost to create and provide the electricity for charging.

A lot of work places have free chargers, as well. I actually very rarely have to pay for electricity.

58 minutes ago, decafnaetd said:

A lot of work places have free chargers, as well. I actually very rarely have to pay for electricity.

That’s is good. I didn’t know how they work.  I assumed the companies that provided charging stations for their employees did not charge their employees.

What about Whole Foods, do they charge?

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I assumed the companies that provided charging stations for their employees did not charge their employees.

If companies charged their employees wouldn't that make them Cyborgs ?

depositphotos_88005134-stock-photo-femal

That looks more like a fembot Kaduk. If a provider had a charging station at their place, the neighbors wouldn't think twice about cars coming and going. :D

11 hours ago, Kaduk said:

If companies charged their employees wouldn't that make them Cyborgs ?

depositphotos_88005134-stock-photo-femal

Remember the movie Cherry 2000?