ilovewomen

Snowmageddon

16 posts in this topic

Is anybody getting out and about today?

Me I’m staying in, working from home & listening to the news and going out and shoveling every couple hours.

Unfortunately Wal-Mart made my son go to work today.  He has a 20 mile drive and won’t get off work until 8 tonight. He’s a grown man, but I’m going to worry about him getting home tonight.

40 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Is anybody getting out and about today?

Me I’m staying in, working from home & listening to the news and going out and shoveling every couple hours.

Unfortunately Wal-Mart made my son go to work today.  He has a 20 mile drive and won’t get off work until 8 tonight. He’s a grown man, but I’m going to worry about him getting home tonight.

Same. My daughter had to go into work too. She just made it in safely. I'll be worried sick about her too. Hospitality/Retail Lives Matter! Lol. 😡

Came home early today.  The drive home was not as bad as expected, but glad I'm home and warm.  Just got done shoveling the walk and going to have some hot herbal tea.  Then dinner (leftovers) and watch the beginning of "Secret City" on Netflix.  Just finished the latest season of "Bordertown".  So it will be a "stay in and stay warm" night.

Hope everyone gets home safely and has a great evening.

I don’t mins getting out today I’ll just be driving really slow but for the most part I’ll probably be inisde. 

Everyone stay warm & safe!

I am snowed in, live on the Palmer Divide. I have never seen it this bad in my 30+ years here. It is brutal on my horses even in the barn. The drifts are approaching 5 feet in places. I will be here for some time. Needless to say no one is going anywhere around here.

What the hell is a Bomb Cyclone? The news says thats what this is.

Edited by wglide2003
additions

2 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Same. My daughter had to go into work too. She just made it in safely. I'll be worried sick about her too. Hospitality/Retail Lives Matter! Lol. 😡

Good news...Wal-Mart let him off early since he got everything done and he made it home to his son safely.

1 hour ago, wglide2003 said:

I am snowed in, live on the Palmer Divide. I have never seen it this bad in my 30+ years here. It is brutal on my horses even in the barn. The drifts are approaching 5 feet in places. I will be here for some time. Needless to say no one is going anywhere around here.

What the hell is a Bomb Cyclone? The news says thats what this is.

I heard Peterson Air Force Base has a gust of 96 mph...WTF!

The news says a bomb cyclone is where the barometric pressure has a major sudden drop in pressure.

Hope everybody is staying home or gets home safely.

"Bomb Cyclone".  "Polar Vortex".  Sheesh. <_<  Sounds like clickbait.

They would have used "Nuclear Winter" but that was already taken.

I got out and saw one my favorites! Boulder only had a couple hours of bad that let up by 1pm. 

Im a risktaker..... I drove from foco to denver at about 4pm in a FWD car.... it took almost 2 hours....but ill be damned..... if you slow the fuck down it makes a hell of a difference.... 

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Im a risktaker..... I drove from foco to denver at about 4pm in a FWD car.... it took almost 2 hours....but ill be damned..... if you slow the fuck down it makes a hell of a difference.... 

I agree, slow down!!! I drove from Boulder to Loveland in the morning. No problems because I was raised in Colorado, lived in the mountains and know carefully drive in snow. These people that just speed past or follow to close just scare the shit out of me.

I stayed in and enjoyed a corned beef (St. Pat's day early).  WTF Kings has it on sale so I bought two last week. One today and one on the day.

Snowmageddon: Epilogue.   Drove to C.Spgs  this AM to see a lovely FBSM companion ( review pending....).  It was bone dry the whole way! Some snow still in median and on the side, off the pavement. 75 mph+ the whole way. Got there in half the alloted time. On the way back, road had some wet spots from melting on the sides. One puzzling occurance - as I headed north approaching Monument I saw on the southbound lanes about five snowplows staggered and spread across all three lanes and both shoulders.  Two CSP cars were behind  the plows so traffic stayed back. Traffic was backed up a couple miles. As stated  previously, there was NO SNOW on the road from Castle Rock to exit 141. Hope the entourage got off at Baptist Rd. 

1 hour ago, sb1212 said:

Snowmageddon: Epilogue.   One puzzling occurance - as I headed north approaching Monument I saw on the southbound lanes about five snowplows staggered and spread across all three lanes and both shoulders.  Two CSP cars were behind  the plows so traffic stayed back. Traffic was backed up a couple miles. As stated  previously, there was NO SNOW on the road from Castle Rock to exit 141. Hope the entourage got off at Baptist Rd. 

We need those  plows in Douglas - Elbert county where many of unpaved county roads are still closed because they are still snowbound.

The directions to my house are ' after the pavement ends turn right and go.........'

3 hours ago, wglide2003 said:

We need those  plows in Douglas - Elbert county where many of unpaved county roads are still closed because they are still snowbound.

The directions to my house are ' after the pavement ends turn right and go.........'

According to Jeff Foxworthy, those directions qualify you as a redneck. I previously qualified until the neighborhood  association voted 52-2 to pave the one road.  I was one of two dissenters...

You must be in Elbert county.  People in Douglas have more money😁😁

Went into my office job for a couple of hours and back home at noon. I had someone else do the driving and I walked a big part of the way home to a cold house.