Irenicus5

What is your Poison?

46 posts in this topic

On 3/8/2019 at 5:50 PM, petey-9950 said:

ILW, happened to be at the liquor store and 2012 Silver Oak is $125.00 a bottle.  Enjoy with someone you like 

$125 a bottle....hmmm.

I’ve spent $75 on a bottle of sake before.

So maybe $125 for Silver Oak is worth it.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

Have you tried Avion tequila???? It’s 100% agave and smoooooth. Sipping tequila for sure 

had a "GOOD" tequila night and have not been able to drink it since.. 

Glenmorangie 18, Kettle One, Knob Creek, Sietes Lugale. I've gotten burnt out on beer.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

Have you tried Avion tequila???? It’s 100% agave and smoooooth. Sipping tequila for sure 

I have not, but will give it a try!

Avion Silver Tequila. Good smooth taste ++.

Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek and have just tried the Stranahan’s whiskey, its good but maybe overpriced.

Soft sensual kisses all over (especially the neck), a fun guy that smells good (maybe a hot fun girl too), some Grey Goose or Prosecco. 

9 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Soft sensual kisses all over (especially the neck), a fun guy that smells good (maybe a hot fun girl too), some Grey Goose or Prosecco. 

Finally something non alcoholic. 

I'll have a drink every now and then, but not really a drinker nor a connoisseur of alcohols.  But put a lovely lady with a big smile, an awesome sense of humor, amazing eyes and a bit of a wild side and that is my poison.

On 3/9/2019 at 2:21 PM, smilin said:

RUM in the summer - “Between the Sheets”

I remember those summers!  Lol.

Tonight, it’s Stive Morgan, cheap vodka and regret that I didn’t compliment a Mexican beauty on her hair. Oh well. Tonight alone.

After a couple of NB Juicy Haze at the bowling ally, topping off the night with a 2018 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. 

Yes,  I do not work tomorrow. :) 

3 hours ago, D-Nice said:

Sober for 4 1/2 years!! Wear it like a badge of honor. 

Congrats on your sobriety.  I'm also in the "club soda or sparking water" world, and have been for many years.  When going out with non-sober friends, I am the built in "designated driver".  Check out the recent Joe Walsh, Ringo Starr interview in Rolling Stone.

Like most old guys with beat-up, abused and worn-out livers, nearly all alcohol is my poison, literally.  Not that I don't take a sip now and again, but it's a lot less and a lot less often.  I have found that Gingerberry Kambucha does a great job of filling the need when I am really desiring a beer.  It has the same bite and fizz, just better for you.

Happy St. Patrick's day!

6 hours ago, D-Nice said:

Sober for 4 1/2 years!! Wear it like a badge of honor. 

I would also like to congratulate you on your sobriety.

I got lucky. I managed to get out of my heavy drinking days w/o a chemical addiction. I still get to enjoy the taste of an occasional libation.  Sometimes it’s one or two in an evening, other times it’s days/weeks without.  I haven’t been falling down drunk in over 30 years.

My 2nd wife, on the other hand was a “throw away the cap” drinker.  That’s the reason she became an ex.