robtani

women arrested fall outside of Denver's jurisdiction of new program

9 posts in this topic

https://www.9news.com/video/news/local/six-women-arrested-for-prostitution-days-after-denver-commits-to-fewer-arrests/73-2fa4668e-83cf-4344-90e1-bd0cec102ee0

Denver announces a new program to divert drug or prostitution to go to a program instead of jail and promises less arrests - then runs a sting operation and arrest 6 women for prostitution.  The program might  be a good idea, but am I the only one who finds doing it this way extremely hypocritical?  All be careful out there!

On 3/6/2019 at 3:32 PM, robtani said:

https://www.9news.com/video/news/local/six-women-arrested-for-prostitution-days-after-denver-commits-to-fewer-arrests/73-2fa4668e-83cf-4344-90e1-bd0cec102ee0

Denver announces a new program to divert drug or prostitution to go to a program instead of jail and promises less arrests - then runs a sting operation and arrest 6 women for prostitution.  The program might  be a good idea, but am I the only one who finds doing it this way extremely hypocritical?  All be careful out there!

So Five-O LIED? Shocking....

If the program aims to forced prostitution, women trafficking or heavily drug addicts, I think it's a very good thing: Instead of punishing and jailing, making a plan to help them to overcome their current situation. It seems it's still in it's initial stages, on a very small area and times of the day. The State or the City are never good charitable organizations, so we'll see.

Edited by Bora Bora

(roll my eyes) every woman who do this voluntarily or forced fall under this... Next!!! They need to tax it already and have every woman who voluntarily does it follow guide lines. That will let them know who is being trafficked. Problem solved!

21 hours ago, Honeydew said:

(roll my eyes) every woman who do this voluntarily or forced fall under this... Next!!! They need to tax it already and have every woman who voluntarily does it follow guide lines. That will let them know who is being trafficked. Problem solved!

That is very true BUT you ladies won’t claim 95 percent of it. And there is no way for the government  to control it! Only way it would would is having brothels like Vegas, even massage parlors like we have here now

On 3/6/2019 at 3:32 PM, robtani said:

March 11,2019 

Denver’s LEAD program could drastically reduce recidivism, but the program will intentionally start slow.

DENVER — City leaders called a press conference to announce the Law Enforcement Assisted Diversion (LEAD) program two weeks ago. The Denver Police Department said it would begin to offer low-level drug offenders and women suspected of prostitution a diversion program as an alternative to jail and prosecution.  Stapleton Colorado .

On 3/9/2019 at 8:38 AM, Honeydew said:

Gawd right.

its not going to happen they make to much money off of the voluntary workers getting cought.

thwy won’t make it legal not any time soon

Too much hate towards the industry and sounds like anything will be done to eliminate it. 

This is a law matter, write legislation to define prostitution. Make it a clear line between human trafficking and Sex coach. Ladies lead a training to qualify for certification to be a sex coach. 

When that happens I will be a willing to be a regular test subject you need to pass the big test 😋