Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkey600

WHY?

46 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2019 at 11:32 PM, sparkey600 said:

And that's why you don't support Unions.(off on a tangent) (my friends know) You don't have good heath care? Why, I have FANTASTIC heath care. You don't have a good retirement? I have a FANTASTIC retirement. I'm on track to be retired to making more money than I'm making now! negotiations are through the UNION I belong to. 

"You"...I don't need a  UNION because "my boss will take care of me because I'm a hard little worker". Right..... Check with someone over 50 years old....

Get over yourself your Own damn self. You have no idea what you happen to about arguing in your own petty way against. Do you think for yourself or do you think or someone might? I wonder. And I doubt.

Your are nothing special and it will prove to be true when your knees are giving out, your back is bad and you are finally ready to retire and there is NOTHING but a hundred thousand in your 401k to retire on. Think about it!

I'm treated like a  KING in my company. Anything I want is mine for the asking. Truth be told I don't ask for a lot. I don't have ask. (beauty for being a Union) and a very productive employee...

But why you, who have stated that you don't have good health care or a company vehicle, or many of the benefits  that a Union can offer would argue against me when all I'm doing is trying to "right" a something that is "wrong" So you think offering a company vehicle to "use as your OWN vehicle, wherever you choose, even out of State" is subject to being pinged by the GPS? I think NOT! Again, if the Company vehicle is offered as part of base pay. Even a person like like you might thin this is a bum deal.

But, 

I am part of a Union, an AFL-CIO Union that has over 1/2 million members in the US that has been around since the 1940s.

Being part of a Union does not guarantee an awesome job, pay, benefits, etc.

Sparky, if you don’t like your company having GPS in the company owned truck to protect their interests, find it if it ever stolen, used in a crime, etc., then quit driving it except on company business. 

It’s that simple.

BTW, I used to belong to Teamsters Local 435.  All they did was take our monthly union dues from us and live large. They did nothing for the members.

I worked for Coors when the brewery went out on strike. At that time, the brewery employees enjoyed wages higher than 96% of anyone else in the Denver area. We had company paid medical, dental, optical and psychiatric insurance 100% paid with no deductibles or copays. And by the year 20 of employment, 8 weeks of paid vacation. And yet the union management convinced the employees to go on strike. Why? Within 2 weeks 95% of the employees were back to work.

You may have it great in your job. Good for you.

But look at this from managements side.

This truck is worth probably in the neighborhood of $40k-$50k without company tools that is probably worth several thousand dollars. They need to protect their investment. Be able to find it if necessary.

Plus I bet the insurance company is requiring GPS as a requirement of insuring the truck and its contents.

If you owned the company and gave an employee a company owned and insured truck worth let’s say $60k with tools, what would you do? Would hand him the keys and say “drive this wherever you want and do whatever you want? If you lose the truck no big deal. I’ll just get you a new truck. And I won’t worry about trying to find it even GPS is readily available to find a lost truck.”

I don’t think you would do that.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:13 PM, Coloseeker said:

I am part of a Union, an AFL-CIO Union that has over 1/2 million members in the US that has been around since the 1940s.

Mine does! Everything I've said is the 100% truth.

On 3/13/2019 at 8:13 PM, Coloseeker said:

In my life, yes, it does.We deal with skilled craftsmen and our future is good to say the least.

On 3/13/2019 at 11:15 PM, ilovewomen said:

Sparky, if you don’t like your company having GPS in the company owned truck to protect their interests, find it if it ever stolen, used in a crime, etc., then quit driving it except on company business. 

It’s that simple.

BTW, I used to belong to Teamsters Local 435.  All they did was take our monthly union dues from us and live large. They did nothing for the members.

I worked for Coors when the brewery went out on strike. At that time, the brewery employees enjoyed wages higher than 96% of anyone else in the Denver area. We had company paid medical, dental, optical and psychiatric insurance 100% paid with no deductibles or copays. And by the year 20 of employment, 8 weeks of paid vacation. And yet the union management convinced the employees to go on strike. Why? Within 2 weeks 95% of the employees were back to work.

You may have it great in your job. Good for you.

But look at this from managements side.

This truck is worth probably in the neighborhood of $40k-$50k without company tools that is probably worth several thousand dollars. They need to protect their investment. Be able to find it if necessary.

Plus I bet the insurance company is requiring GPS as a requirement of insuring the truck and its contents.

If you owned the company and gave an employee a company owned and insured truck worth let’s say $60k with tools, what would you do? Would hand him the keys and say “drive this wherever you want and do whatever you want? If you lose the truck no big deal. I’ll just get you a new truck. And I won’t worry about trying to find it even GPS is readily available to find a lost truck.”

BTW, there's a reason the teamsters union is dying a slow death. I don't agree with it personally and it's so sad. The politicians got involved and allowed Mexican trucking for

I don’t think you would do that.

I hate to tell you this... But I happen to be a member of management. I also happen to be a card carrying member of the Union. How's that for a nice conflict? I'm crystal clear on this point..

As a manager, trust me, I get the insurance, the liability of someone getting into an accident.( when the weather gets really bad like this week, we curtail all of our our outside jobs paying our employees to stay home) We care for our employees that much........However..if that's what WE as management agree to when we check out a truck with "very limited tools if any, or nothing but a cool truck we agreed to give you, tooling around in the Denver area in, as part of YOUR SALARY let me repeat this for those of you that might have missed this important point THE TRUCK IS PART OF YOUR FUCKING SALARY as you have might have missed i my previous posts. You, as an employee agree to conduct yourself in a professional manner during work hours. After work hours, the company truck is yours to do as you deem fit. (from our company published policy) that is available to any employee.

Let me repeat for the obtuse members that may or not may understand a company benefit....THE TRUCK IS PART OF YOUR FUCKING SALARY,  (like some people don't get for many reasons) Like dental (like so many people don't get for many reasons) Like paid vacations ( like so many people don't get for many reasons) Like sick pay (like so many people don't get for so many reasons) Like family leave (like so many people don't get for many reasons)

The truck is yours to drive, on your own time as long as you don't get in an accident.

Oh, if you do get into an accident there's a $500 copay...All new employees and Foremen Are we cool with that?

Yup I though so, a good deal for driving a 2019 truck whenever you want......

Sparky,

I am the GM for the company I work for, so I know and understand all aspects of the use of company vehicles including the need for GPS to monitor the whereabouts of the truck.

And you should as well since you are part of management as you have finally stated.

So quit your bitching and accept the fact that GPS is part of your life if you drive a company vehicle 

Or quit driving the company vehicle. 

It's as simple as that. to solve the GPS issue

IT DOEA NOT MATTER HOW THE FUCK YOU WORD IT OR ANYTHING..... BOTTOM FUCKING LINE IS THIS...... A FUCKING COMPANY VEHICAL IS A FUCKING COMPANY VEHICAL, PERIOD IT IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL VEHICAL WHEATHER IT IS CONSIDERED A PART OF YOUR SALARY OR NOT, WHEN YOU LEAVE OR GET FIRED YOU DONT KEEP IT.... like already stated grow the fuck up and deal with it or don't fucking use it, this post is pointless and shouldn't be going back and forth like this. This kind of privileged "I am owed something" thinking/mentality is exactly what is wrong with today's society. And I hate to breakout to you but no you are NOT guaranteed ANYTHING, that company goes under for whatever reason your checks stop coming... Sorry but that's the reality of it

Sparky, You live a Charmed life and just know that I know you are someone incredibly supportive and caring  I think the more concern you give a situation will spoil your circumstances. SO, please don't fall into that negative trap thinking! Go on being you like no other you! XO 

On 3/12/2019 at 7:17 AM, ilovewomen said:

Facts formyou to keep in mind:

1. You are an employee of this Company

2. The Company has supplied you with a tool to do your job 

3. The tool that they have provided is a Company Vehicle which is a Company Asset not a personal vehicle they have given to you 

4. The Company has a right to control and know how this very expensive tool is being used, just like a hammer, wrench, power drill, etc.

5. If you abuse, mis-use, lose this Company tool, they can at their option take away the tool and make you buy your own tools or replace the tool

6 If the Company wants to use GPS to track where and how this tool is being used, that is their right. Ask any attorney. Ask your union. You don’t have to like it, but that is their perogative.

7. You are an employee of the Company. Never forget that you are an employee and are replaceable.

What does formyou mean? Did you mean "from you" by chance?

A company vehicle is on par with a hammer, wrench, power drill etc? Oh Gods, please do your homework if you like to argue...... 

Sorry to say, your fact #3 is in error, as is your # 4, 5, 6 and 7.... I'd LOVE to be replaced, (PLEASE GOD) but no one is as thick headed as me to take my job. Fact is I've been asked  recently if I was considering taking a position with a competitor. My answer was "why would I, I know who's trying to fuck me here!" Laughs all around!

You seem to know a LOT about my company's policies, tell me what's their position about harassment? No? Didn't think so. You would not like it in the least....

Company policy STATES:

The Company vehicle is yours to use as you see fit while you are employed by the company. Take care of it as if it was your own, you have been provided a company credit card for maintenance, fuel, car washes and detailing as needed. If you, for whatever reason take it out of state, you're direct supervisor (in this case ME yup, ME) must sign off on said reason.(OK I have to say again I'm The DIRECT SUPERVISOR that signs off on a whole bunch of stupid shit that goes on evey day) Your SO can drive the company vehicle. If you have an accident that you are fault, you be charged $500 to settle the claim. Um...500 bucks if I or my wife T-bones a school bus full of giraffe's? OK I'm down with that, well deserved to say the least! I'll pay in less than a couple days.

Again, the truck is an adder to one's salary. Not a thing to haggle over once one's said salary is negotiated. I hope you understand where I'm coming from by now.

Truth be told, I've NEVER  been called to the carpet on this, "they" know better not to piss me off... But some of the people, good people I work with have been and it makes me mad.(they make the company less money than I do) Not an excuse though. 

By the way, you spelled prerogative wrong. :cool: and I'm thinking, you don't have a company truck, just as well, they would probably take it away from you the first red light camera you "made mad" because you can't argue for yourself and caved into your employer. I'm standing up for my employees not myself on this one And I happen to be gaining some ground. I've had 2 dismissals turned around on the basis of my arguments, saved 2 good people their vehicles and their jobs as a result. That makes me happy.

What have you done this week......

Just wondering?

We can do this for weeks, if you like.  

On 3/15/2019 at 7:27 AM, Strange_Ice said:

IT DOEA NOT MATTER HOW THE FUCK YOU WORD IT OR ANYTHING..... BOTTOM FUCKING LINE IS THIS...... A FUCKING COMPANY VEHICAL IS A FUCKING COMPANY VEHICAL, PERIOD IT IS NOT YOUR PERSONAL VEHICAL WHEATHER IT IS CONSIDERED A PART OF YOUR SALARY OR NOT, WHEN YOU LEAVE OR GET FIRED YOU DONT KEEP IT.... like already stated grow the fuck up and deal with it or don't fucking use it, this post is pointless and shouldn't be going back and forth like this. This kind of privileged "I am owed something" thinking/mentality is exactly what is wrong with today's society. And I hate to breakout to you but no you are NOT guaranteed ANYTHING, that company goes under for whatever reason your checks stop coming... Sorry but that's the reality of it

Verily eloquently expressed. I'm sure you have a nice singing voice, well done!

Perhaps you could add a few more "fucking" to you response?

I'm sure all the ladies here would like to hear your well though out arguments possibly?

Well?

I stand by my previous argument. I was hired with a salary and a company vehicle, the vehicle is part of my salary.

Sorry to hear you got a "lesser" gig, but that's your problem to negotiate. 

Me? Salary PLUS A TRUCK worth xxxxxx per year.

YOU? Salary plus........nothing.

For future reference, you might like to use "spell check" ore re read your post before you actually hit "send"

Just saying.

Peace!

Get it?

Maybe, nope? Nothing changes. Unions make a big difference. Make the change!

On 3/16/2019 at 1:11 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Sparky, You live a Charmed life and just know that I know you are someone incredibly supportive and caring  I think the more concern you give a situation will spoil your circumstances. SO, please don't fall into that negative trap thinking! Go on being you like no other you! XO 

I have it good most of the time Sweet Heart.... Charmed, I don't know about that..I work  very hard and give up a lot for what I have in this life, makes me wonder sometimes if it's worth the effort... One thing I have always stood firm on is when I can make a difference when people that work for me are taken advantage of. Makes me mad, brings out the bear in me and I have to take action. I get what you are saying, you are always the "bringer of peace" and why I refer to you as a true "Gem" Thank you for being you.....

I appreciate you for this, along with your friendship. Thanks for bringing me down to Earth.  I need it sometimes, as you know! :)

1 hour ago, sparkey600 said:

What does formyou mean? Did you mean "from you" by chance?

A company vehicle is on par with a hammer, wrench, power drill etc? Oh Gods, please do your homework if you like to argue...... 

Sorry to say, your fact #3 is in error, as is your # 4, 5, 6 and 7.... I'd LOVE to be replaced, (PLEASE GOD) but no one is as thick headed as me to take my job. Fact is I've been asked  recently if I was considering taking a position with a competitor. My answer was "why would I, I know who's trying to fuck me here!" Laughs all around!

You seem to know a LOT about my company's policies, tell me what's their position about harassment? No? Didn't think so. You would not like it in the least....

Company policy STATES:

The Company vehicle is yours to use as you see fit while you are employed by the company. Take care of it as if it was your own, you have been provided a company credit card for maintenance, fuel, car washes and detailing as needed. If you, for whatever reason take it out of state, you're direct supervisor (in this case ME yup, ME) must sign off on said reason.(OK I have to say again I'm The DIRECT SUPERVISOR that signs off on a whole bunch of stupid shit that goes on evey day) Your SO can drive the company vehicle. If you have an accident that you are fault, you be charged $500 to settle the claim. Um...500 bucks if I or my wife T-bones a school bus full of giraffe's? OK I'm down with that, well deserved to say the least! I'll pay in less than a couple days.

Again, the truck is an adder to one's salary. Not a thing to haggle over once one's said salary is negotiated. I hope you understand where I'm coming from by now.

Truth be told, I've NEVER  been called to the carpet on this, "they" know better not to piss me off... But some of the people, good people I work with have been and it makes me mad.(they make the company less money than I do) Not an excuse though. 

By the way, you spelled prerogative wrong. :cool: and I'm thinking, you don't have a company truck, just as well, they would probably take it away from you the first red light camera you "made mad" because you can't argue for yourself and caved into your employer. I'm standing up for my employees not myself on this one And I happen to be gaining some ground. I've had 2 dismissals turned around on the basis of my arguments, saved 2 good people their vehicles and their jobs as a result. That makes me happy.

What have you done this week......

Just wondering?

We can do this for weeks, if you like.  

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

21 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

I have it good most of the time Sweet Heart.... Charmed, I don't know about that..I work  very hard and give up a lot for what I have in this life, makes me wonder sometimes if it's worth the effort... One thing I have always stood firm on is when I can make a difference when people that work for me are taken advantage of. Makes me mad, brings out the bear in me and I have to take action. I get what you are saying, you are always the "bringer of peace" and why I refer to you as a true "Gem" Thank you for being you.....

I appreciate you for this, along with your friendship. Thanks for bringing me down to Earth.  I need it sometimes, as you know! :)

Sparky, 

We are all going through times of serious testing. This last week was an incredible test for me and a heavy learning lesson (crazy weather, headaches, dizziness).! Hold your head high and know you have this incredible support system in your life❤️. So many people would love to have a small portion of what you have. Many are unwilling to work like  you have also. Lose the frustration and relish what you do know and hold true and close to your heart! I will be sure and send you a message tomorrow. 

Sparky, why not just turn the truck back in and tell them you want a car allowance instead?  That is what I have and life is simple.  Also if this union is so great, why did they add GPS?  Maybe to watch their company (union) interests better?

Company vehicles are usually offered so that the employee has no excuse for not showing up to work. Showing up is half the job.  Also because they might need you to work late and returning it to a lot might cost more overtime.  Because they pay for the vehicle, insurance , gas and maintenance you are going to be told how drive it.  It was that way when I drove mine. It saved my personal vehicle thousands of miles by not driving it. It is those savings that are considered as pay.  You say you can use it to a degree.  If you have to hit the club or an incall, park it at some restaurant/eatery. Then have a Uber drive you.  The vehicle GPS is stupid. It can't tell them where you are at. It  just tells them where the vehicle is  at and for how long. You were very hungry.  Otherwise drive home and get your own  vehicle.