BadBoy

I should have learned by now....

27 posts in this topic

.... that if you have been following a gal on TOB for upwards of six years, and she has been using the same pictures all that time, when you actually meet she is going to be at least six years older than the photos indicate (actually, they were probably a few years old when I first saw them).

.... that if someone hasn't changed their age, height, weight and body style in six or seven years of posting, none of it is probably accurate any more, and it probably isn't getting any better.

What other gems of wisdom do you all have that seem to take a while to sink in?  :rolleyes:

BB, being an older gent like yourself😁😁, I read some of these visual / picture posts with a grain of salt.  I think we all, no matter where, want to project our best, he’ll my marketing pic at work that we use in RFP’s and RFQ’s is at least 6 years old.  The potential client never has complained that I was out of date.

Don’t forget the “cosmetics” and flattering angles used in produce & meat advertisements.

If the 6years are 20-26 it makes more difference than if it’s 45-51.  In mid-life we tend to age less visually.

I have frequently marveled at the fact that some women remain 29 years old for 3, 4, even 5 years at a time.

24 minutes ago, easytimes81006 said:

I have frequently marveled at the fact that some women remain 29 years old for 3, 4, even 5 years at a time.

Didn’t your mother teach you to never ask a woman’s age? 🧐

Though I do agree that advertising material should be kept up to date, as should our (client) profiles.  Do you go out and adjust yours every birthday?  When you add a few pounds?  Shave your beard?  I know I’m careless about that.😒

Besides some of those 29 year olds don’t realize the market share they are losing because some of us think they’re not ripe yet, too young for picking😁

4 hours ago, easytimes81006 said:

Amen to that, I know of one who's 43, be 44 this year, her teeth are falling out, turning black and she still adverts she's 30, only because 29 rolled over on her last birthday. Another that's perpetual 39, which is ok but still. I like P411's new field of Actual Age. I prefer 35+ as well and generally with exception of one I used to see regularly anyone under. 

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Besides some of those 29 year olds don’t realize the market share they are losing because some of us think they’re not ripe yet, too young for picking😁

With rare exceptions, I find 29(+/-) to be the prime for picking. Much younger can be a little on the green side, but every lady and encounter is different when lives finally touch.

2 hours ago, eatu55 said:

With rare exceptions, I find 29(+/-) to be the prime for picking. Much younger can be a little on the green side, but every lady and encounter is different when lives finally touch.

My ‘sweet spot’  is 10-15 years older than yours.

7 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

My ‘sweet spot’  is 10-15 years older than yours.

I was imprecise. Picking and eating are two different things. Less ripe than 29 the results can vary widely. Quality and consistency definitely improve with age from there. 

A banana I would take out of the store is not necessarily the one I want to eat right away. Aging to let the flavors develop is a good thing indeed. Ladies in their 30s-40s are awesome. I've also had some very sweet tastes of 50+.

3 minutes ago, Barbi said:

There are some people who are blessed with great genes who are timeless and there are others who are not so lucky....Age itself should never be a deciding issue but instead it should be the attractiveness of the person that caught your eye in the first place....Beauty and attractiveness of a person are not established by their age but comes from inside instead and is a quality that shines through at any age....Just saying....

I quite agree Barbi. After the first attraction and introduction there is a chance to find someone's beauty. Beauty is not an age or a measurement or a color.

Indeed it is not....Nor does youth promise such things either.....and it certainly seems there is one thing that only comes with age and that is wisdom....the wisdom to see the world and those around you for what they truly are and in making such a discovery you find that it does not matter either....

With so many choices broad strokes are needed to reduce the pool before refining my selection. Age is one of the criteria I use because I have found that I have more in common for post-coital discussions with YL closer to my age. Nothing particularly wrong with youngsters, but I have a higher probability of connecting with their older sisters.

You need to call out these individuals, or what point is the thread?

2 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

You need to call out these individuals, or what point is the thread?

Dont even..... your the king of pointless threads.... also that's against the rules....🤷‍♀️

25 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Dont even..... your the king of pointless threads.... also that's against the rules....🤷‍♀️

Pointing out providers who use old pictures is against the rules? 

18 minutes ago, Mr.Pink said:

Pointing out providers who use old pictures is against the rules? 

Nope calling them out is...........

6 hours ago, Barbi said:

Indeed it is not....Nor does youth promise such things either.....and it certainly seems there is one thing that only comes with age and that is wisdom....the wisdom to see the world and those around you for what they truly are and in making such a discovery you find that it does not matter either....

Very wise words! Everybody here have different preferences, including age, shape, etc. One of my preferences is the ability to establish an interesting conversation before, after, (or during :) )

Personally, I find it difficult to have an interesting conversation when the generation gap is too wide.

5 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

With so many choices broad strokes are needed to reduce the pool before refining my selection. Age is one of the criteria I use because I have found that I have more in common for post-coital discussions with YL closer to my age. Nothing particularly wrong with youngsters, but I have a higher probability of connecting with their older sisters.

11 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

Very wise words! Everybody here have different preferences, including age, shape, etc. One of my preferences is the ability to establish an interesting conversation before, after, (or during :) )

Personally, I find it difficult to have an interesting conversation when the generation gap is too wide.

Agree. I'm partial to a bit more mature. Doesn't mean younger aren't great and a connection can't be made, but feel it just comes more naturally with someone closer in age

It's against the rules to say that the photos a provider uses are very much out of date?

There is literally a place in the review process to note whether pictures are accurate so I don't think it's against the rules to point out when a provider is using photos that are not a true representation of them currently. 

3 hours ago, MeganMarie4u said:

BTW, it's YOU'RE

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing...  Or when a "Retired" lady come back, they use their old pics. The crows feet and smile lines are very prevalent. Not quite what you remember. Sometimes it's best to just remember them as they were.

5 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

BTW, it's YOU'RE

Jeeeeeeez....YOU'RE pathetic.

I think it's against the rules to specifically target one person, for criticism, in the forum.

9 hours ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Agree. I'm partial to a bit more mature. Doesn't mean younger aren't great and a connection can't be made, but feel it just comes more naturally with someone closer in age

Truth is that I have as much difficulty relating to youngsters as they have relating to me.  As it has been said many times, “There’s someone for everyone.”

Edited by Bit Banger

9 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

BTW, it's YOU'RE

😂😂😂😂😂 you're right.... i didnt spell it right..... loser