tuco

WTF is going on??

47 posts in this topic

WTF is going on? I have been in this hobby for a long time.  Never got ripped off,  in the last six months I have been screwed at least 3 times.  I know part of it is my fault,  but what the hell? Prices have gone through the roof and service has gone down the drain.  Even TOB can't be trusted, I saw a gal last night and the 2 negative reviews were accurate,  the 70+ positive reviews must be bullshit! I hate the current state of affairs in the hobby.  Am I the only one?

Sounds to me like you have a personal problem.

Maybe you've just had bad like picking compatible ladies? I've had amazing luck and continue to see certain ones over and over each time being wonderful. I tend to trust the reviews, but also look at the reviewers and see what other reviews and kinds of ladies they like.

There are amazing ladies here on TOB, keep doing your research and keep trying I'm sure your luck will turn around 

I had 2 girls ghost me yesterday after we had agreed to meet. It hasn't happened in a long time(YEARS). I wrote 2 neg reviews. 1 was denied. They both combined cost me about 5 hours. 

I was lucky enough to see a lovely lady today. So not all is lost. 

The market is flooded and people aren’t behaving appropriately. Sitting here in NC it’s easier to see. When ladies are struggling to make ends meet it can be a real challenge to be chipper and ready to bring smiles. Can’t really say, don’t take calls if you’re in a bad mood. Wonder how the electric company will react when a gal says, oh sorry I was in a bad mood and couldn’t work. Yeah so see, even someone with 75 reviews can have a bad day. 

It’s completely stupid how over flooded the market is in Colorado....nobody is making money. And rates....I left Colorado because it’s stupid expensive to live there. So you see, perspectives on how things are vs how you want them, don’t always match up.

Thank goodness I have another job! 

I agree things are and have changed in the last year. Costs of everything are increasing at an incredible pace. I have head more hard luck stories recently than I have in the past. But there are still quality ladies and gents out there and we need to keep in mind that "It's a Business" and both do out due diligence in our selection. This goes both for  clients and providers. Just my 2 cents worth.

All the ladies I've met are excellent, so I can't relate to your bad experiences.

About pricing going through the roof,  I've seen the a change in the market, yes. Unfortunately, I can't meet many, many of the ladies I'd love to get to know in person. But I don't complain, good for them if they can get enough clients with those numbers... good for them! The hobby has to benefit both sides, of course. But I never forget that on my side is about having fun but on their side is about making a living and many times feeding their families. So I'm happy if they can bring more cash to their homes with less work, because that's what I would like for me on my own work. That doesn't mean that the quality of the service provided has to be different, though.

Now, on the FBSM realm, where the quality of a very good session is not clearly defined, I've had a few less-than-satisfactory experiences.

1 hour ago, Bora Bora said:

All the ladies I've met are excellent, so I can't relate to your bad experiences.

I have to agree with this. However, I tend to stick with people I know and trust. 

6 minutes ago, pfunk said:

... I tend to stick with people I know and trust. 

Same here, and I almost never venture out of TOB ladies, even better if they participate in the forum.

Edited by Bora Bora

Having met over half of the gents on this thread in and out of the hobby...... i would have to agreee with them..... 

So many ladies with 0 negative reviews yet OP chose one with 2....🤷‍♀️ sorry to burst your bubble.... you might be doing it wrong 😁 also looking at your reviews..... i see only a couple of ladies ive heard of.... and ONLY 1 highly reviewed lady....🤷‍♀️

Edited by MeganMarie4u

10 minutes ago, Bora Bora said:

Same here, and I almost never venture out of TOB ladies, even better if they participate in the forum.

Agree, you can get a good feel for ladies and the connection you may have when they participate in the forums, and I'm sure the same is true when they see us in the forum.

You gotta keep in mind that advertising isn’t free, Denver living expenses are high, and sesta/fosta have taken away many of our verification tools. The risk/expenses are higher so unsurprisingly the rates can be too. But on a different note, my hairstylist increases her rates every year. And I’m not pressed about it, I’m super proud of her for getting to that point and her skill level has gone up as well, which means I leave even happier. 

I will say that I've come to believe that the rate doesn't always equate to the experience (I believe I've read this here before).  I think it's great that ladies are able to get the rate they need, as mentioned it's not cheap to live in the Denver area.  I will say that a higher rate will often cause me to do more research about the experience I will have, and if there is uncertainty I will likely keep searching.  Which is why ToB is such a helpful forum.

53 minutes ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Having met over half of the gents on this thread in and out of the hobby...... i would have to agreee with them..... 

So many ladies with 0 negative reviews yet OP chose one with 2....🤷‍♀️ sorry to burst your bubble.... you might be doing it wrong 😁 also looking at your reviews..... i see only a couple of ladies ive heard of.... and ONLY 1 highly reviewed lady....🤷‍♀️

This!!!  One bad review shame on you, two bad reviews shame on me. 

49 minutes ago, MyraGold said:

You gotta keep in mind that advertising isn’t free, Denver living expenses are high, and sesta/fosta have taken away many of our verification tools. The risk/expenses are higher so unsurprisingly the rates can be too. But on a different note, my hairstylist increases her rates every year. And I’m not pressed about it, I’m super proud of her for getting to that point and her skill level has gone up as well, which means I leave even happier. 

Maybe a new career with lower overhead and higher pay is the answer.

17 hours ago, tuco said:

WTF is going on? I have been in this hobby for a long time.  Never got ripped off,  in the last six months I have been screwed at least 3 times.  I know part of it is my fault,  but what the hell? Prices have gone through the roof and service has gone down the drain.  Even TOB can't be trusted, I saw a gal last night and the 2 negative reviews were accurate,  the 70+ positive reviews must be bullshit! I hate the current state of affairs in the hobby.  Am I the only one?

Red - Assuming you mean in not a good way ....... reviews?

Blue - 70 good and only two bad?  Three counting you.  Odds say it may not be her that is the problem. :cool:  Or she is just human and has occasional bad day ...... but all 70 bullshit?  Not likely.

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

Soooooo you are saying avoid anyone with only one or two bad reviews despite 30 times as many good?  Really????  

30 minutes ago, boink36 said:

This!!!  One bad review shame on you, two bad reviews shame on me. 

Ditto.

1 hour ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Agree, you can get a good feel for ladies and the connection you may have when they participate in the forums, and I'm sure the same is true when they see us in the forum.

I occasionally see posts that convince me "nope, no way in hell!" but seldom the other way around.  Many truly outstanding ladies never post because they just do not want the drama.

19 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Soooooo you are saying avoid anyone with only one or two bad reviews despite 30 times as many good?  Really????  

Ditto.

I occasionally see posts that convince me "nope, no way in hell!" but seldom the other way around.  Many truly outstanding ladies never post because they just do not want the drama.

Im not saying you shouldnt see those ladies..... but dont come here complaining if you havent even seen any of the highly reviewed ladies that constantly post on the forum

Hey OP, I’ve looked at the ladies you gave reviews and none of them have 70 reviews as you mentioned.

If you want to say say that 70 reviews are all bullshit and the 2 negative reviews had are the only true ones, maybe the problem is YOU.

With this thread, I think you have managed to put yourself on a Do Not See list by at least half of the the well respected ladies in this community.

Im not saying there is a do not see list, but the ladies donread this forum and they will take note of how you present yourself and determine if they would ever be willing to meet you.

And as far as rates being sky high, what do you expect to donate? Peanuts?

In 1999 the DJIA(Dow Jones Industrial Average) was hovering just below 12,000.  Today it’s above 26,000 points.

In 1999 the BBNI(Bit Banger’s Nookie Index) varied between $125 and $200.  Today it seems to be in the $250-350 range.  So comparatively speaking, the BBNI is underpriced.

6 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

In 1999 the DJIA(Dow Jones Industrial Average) was hovering just below 12,000.  Today it’s above 26,000 points.

In 1999 the BBNI(Bit Banger’s Nookie Index) varied between $125 and $200.  Today it seems to be in the $250-350 range.  So comparatively speaking, the BBNI is underpriced.

I agree in the 90s 100 was a fair rate  and a home cost $100,000. Now that house  costs 450,000 so rates seem a little low

4 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I agree, many great ladies never interact with the board, but if they do it is just another data point to determine compatibility, for me

You never know who’s lurking. Also Denver’s cost  of living is competive with many of the coastal cities anymore! Very difficult to continue to try and make a living. Not talking wealthy either. Everyone just wants an opertunity to live a bit more comfortable and this is becoming more difficult for many. 

Give the guy a break. He is just blowing off steam. Most of us have been in his shoes one time or another.

Take a break from the hobby. Be more selective. Look at all the money you are going to save.

TOB is sort of like the AirBNB thing.  Do you want a view or like just the basics? Upscale or a good a good value for the weary traveler. It’s all here. But just like AirBNB you need to read the reviews and pick out the tells. If there are 6-10 reviews, read between the lines. Look for the just being nice bs vs. the vibe expressed. Similarities and one offs can be a tell. Can’t say other than diamond in the rough hunting have I ever been disappointed other than my own lack of due diligence. Be careful of photos, they can be old and you’ll know the longer you hobby. Always realize it may go poorly but it could be nirvana. If you can’t handle that, get yourself an economy size jar of lube and close your eyes. Personally, I prefer the adventure whatever my wallet can afford. 

15 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

The market is flooded and people aren’t behaving appropriately. Sitting here in NC it’s easier to see. When ladies are struggling to make ends meet it can be a real challenge to be chipper and ready to bring smiles. Can’t really say, don’t take calls if you’re in a bad mood. Wonder how the electric company will react when a gal says, oh sorry I was in a bad mood and couldn’t work. Yeah so see, even someone with 75 reviews can have a bad day. 

It’s completely stupid how over flooded the market is in Colorado....nobody is making money. And rates....I left Colorado because it’s stupid expensive to live there. So you see, perspectives on how things are vs how you want them, don’t always match up.

Thank goodness I have another job! 

An interesting reversal of the laws of supply and demand. In general, supply surplus creates lower rates. However, in this particular business, the surplus causes ladies to have less clients and therefore need to raise rates.

14 hours ago, boink36 said:

Maybe a new career with lower overhead and higher pay is the answer.

Can’t tell if you’re implying I quit the biz. I’m not the one on here complaining. I actually do have lower overhead and higher pay in the biz than when I started. Without an ad here. I’d love to add that back in but I prefer paying in cryptocurrency and that is not an option here. But I do miss knowing right away that the clientele from here are usually respectful. 

Op probably pays more for transportation, rent, and other goods/services that have inflated but is surprised when providers increase their rates. I don’t think the providers are to blame, just like us you shouldn’t ignore red flags if you want to have a good time. There’s plenty of amazing providers around here and we don’t deserve this kind of generalization. 

Everything is more expensive for the ladies so they need more money.Its more expensive for the guys too so they have less money  for Entertainment also. It's a vicious circle.

With so many people on here having a good time (just look at the review page) if you are not having a good time, it is probably you who is doing something wrong.