Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sundance

Postmen's Motto

16 posts in this topic

Guys...  Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds .... .Are you willing to go through any kind of weather to see your Lady?? Are you the Postman!!???

I am the Postman, coo coo ca choo!

All the more reason to drive a truck.

Flurries, snowstorm, blizzard? F@&k it!

Lock in the hubs and away you go. (Or turn the knob these days). Can't keep me from a hot date.

Went to see my ATF this Morning it was 13 degrees and had to plow thru the unplowed walk. UGH! but it was good!

Enjoy the journey getting there is part of the fun and mystery I would think?!

1 hour ago, pointymoustache said:

Went to see my ATF this Morning it was 13 degrees and had to plow thru the unplowed walk. UGH! but it was good!

What  a man!!!   YES!!!  Men like you... make everybody look good!!!

I have never cancelled a scheduled appointment due to bad weather.

Edited by Mustang87

46 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

I have never cancelled a scheduled appointment due to bad weather.

Me, either.  One of my most memorable encounters was during a snowstorm.  I had a strong motivation to make it happen, weather be damned.  As long as it is not a whiteout or compete ice, I'm good to go.  Just requires additional drive time....slow and steady wins the race...in more arenas than just driving.  Though I am old and slow, sometimes the "hornies" just are too strong to resist and giving myself a hand just doesn't cut it.  ;):)

I have never cancelled on account of weather, but on two occasions two separate dates attempted to cancel on the basis that she couldn't get to her incall due to blizzard conditions.  On both occasions I planted the idea that I had the $$$ ready to go, and would go anywhere (hint, hint) and invited a call back for home delivery.  After taking about as long as it takes to line up a babysitter, I got a call back both times with an invitation to provide home delivery.  On both occasions we were already friends, but I still count it as a privilege to have been invited into the actual boudoir on a cold and snowy day....  twice!

I love my snowtires.

6 hours ago, average1 said:

Me, either.  One of my most memorable encounters was during a snowstorm.  I had a strong motivation to make it happen, weather be damned.  As long as it is not a whiteout or compete ice, I'm good to go.  Just requires additional drive time....slow and steady wins the race...in more arenas than just driving.  Though I am old and slow, sometimes the "hornies" just are too strong to resist and giving myself a hand just doesn't cut it.  ;):)

I could have written this word for word. I once visited a provider on a night when I-25 was closed. Put in in 4WD and made the trip from Castle Rock to DTC on back roads. Clearly a case of the little head leading the way, but it was worth the effort.

I remember learning the "mailman song" a long time ago. Maybe this will be new to some people, but the concluding words were:

I can come in any kind of weather

because my sack is made of leather

so ring my bell and pull my chime

I can come anytime

I'm your mailman

.... with the longest route in town