Everhard

It always strikes me...

46 posts in this topic

It always strikes me how some beautiful ladies can get all kinds of reviews shortly after coming on the scene and other equally beautiful women can go forever without getting their first. I have waited and waited and waited on providers because they do not have reviews only to find out they are legit and wonderful. Given my job, I cannot TOFTT so I must be patient for more daring souls.

It makes me curious. What are some other things that you, as a provider or participant, have observed about this industry?

I think a lot of guys have good intentions of writing reviews and time gets away (that happens to all of us). Then again, some guys don't write reviews, because they did not have a good time, don't want to hurt someone's feelings, and don't want to suffer backlash. 

So....once you are finding these gems, I hope you are writing reviews to contribute. Some think that once a lady has so many reviews, there is no sense writing more, but new reviews always help as far as new dates. Some ladies prefer not to be reviewed, so keep that in mind too. 

18 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

..Some think that once a lady has so many reviews, there is no sense writing more, but new reviews always help as far as new dates....

@Audrey Astor, Audrey, I must confess that I think like that, because to me it doesn't matter if the last review is a little bit old especially if there are 50+ good reviews on a row before that one. Maybe I'm wrong, do all the ladies care about new reviews after having so many good reviews already?

And in relation to the original post, in addition to what Audrey said, there are some guys that would only write a review by request of the lady, of course she is confident about getting a good review. So if she didn't ask, then there's now review.

And then there are guys who don’t write reviews, good or bad.

As for me, I write very few reviews. 

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

Some ladies prefer not to be reviewed, so keep that in mind too. 

How would a guy know that? Is it something she would mention during the session? Or are guys supposed to reach out afterwards and ask before writing a review?

9 minutes ago, AsianLover said:

How would a guy know that? Is it something she would mention during the session? Or are guys supposed to reach out afterwards and ask before writing a review?

If you tend to write reviews, you should ask at the end of the session if she would like you to write a review of your time together. 

Also, the potential for backlash that Audrey mentioned is not only from a YL who felt your review was less than stellar, but also from her competitors when you write her a good review.

31 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Also, the potential for backlash that Audrey mentioned is not only from a YL who felt your review was less than stellar, but also from her competitors when you write her a good review.

If that's the case, there must be a lot of hurt feelings, because most of the reviews I've read on TOB have been very positive, even glowing. Seriously, I'm not sure how a provider could be "jealous" about another provider getting good a review. Unless she's a gent's ATFFF and she's worried about losing him.

1 hour ago, Bora Bora said:

@Audrey Astor, Audrey, I must confess that I think like that, because to me it doesn't matter if the last review is a little bit old especially if there are 50+ good reviews on a row before that one. Maybe I'm wrong, do all the ladies care about new reviews after having so many good reviews already?

Yes, she would. Think of it this way...would you like a new reference even though you have many references? References for you guys is equivalent to reviews for us ladies, so if you think you need a review from the lady for your benefit, be kind and reciprocate for her. I know not everyone does things this way, and I'm not a provider who requires a review for a reference, but I always wonder why it's not automatic unless the provider doesn't like reviews...or maybe you didn't have a good time with her, in which case, why are you asking her for a reference? Idk, those are my thoughts. 

37 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

If you tend to write reviews, you should ask at the end of the session if she would like you to write a review of your time together. 

Bit, I'm with you on this.  I always ask if she wants a review.  Fortunately, this has worked well and I haven't experienced the backlash, though at first, I was worried about that.  I am grateful for how it has worked out.

37 minutes ago, AsianLover said:

If that's the case, there must be a lot of hurt feelings, because most of the reviews I've read on TOB have been very positive, even glowing. Seriously, I'm not sure how a provider could be "jealous" about another provider getting good a review. Unless she's a gent's ATFFF and she's worried about losing him.

There is no room for jealousy in the hobby. It's sad to see when a provider or hobbyist gets this way. Maybe you have an atf and there's a sting when you recieve a reference request, Lmao  but you get over yourself, and have a chuckle about it if you have any sense about you. 😋

4 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

I think a lot of guys have good intentions of writing reviews and time gets away (that happens to all of us). Then again, some guys don't write reviews, because they did not have a good time, don't want to hurt someone's feelings, and don't want to suffer backlash. 

So....once you are finding these gems, I hope you are writing reviews to contribute. Some think that once a lady has so many reviews, there is no sense writing more, but new reviews always help as far as new dates. Some ladies prefer not to be reviewed, so keep that in mind too. 

This was the case for me.  I have seen several Denver ladies, because they had many glowing reviews, and did not write a review even though I had a great time.  I guess in hind sight, I should have asked if they would like a review.  Life and learn, I guess.

1 hour ago, average1 said:

Bit, I'm with you on this.  I always ask if she wants a review.  Fortunately, this has worked well and I haven't experienced the backlash, though at first, I was worried about that.  I am grateful for how it has worked out.

In a score of years writing reviews I’ve had three situations where my prior reviews have caused a provider to decline my invitation.  I’ve also had one provider get upset about a  VG review.

7 hours ago, Everhard said:

It always strikes me how some beautiful ladies can get all kinds of reviews shortly after coming on the scene and other equally beautiful women can go forever without getting their first. I have waited and waited and waited on providers because they do not have reviews only to find out they are legit and wonderful. Given my job, I cannot TOFTT so I must be patient for more daring souls.

It makes me curious. What are some other things that you, as a provider or participant, have observed about this industry?

If your fear is a sting, and you risk your job, perhaps you should take up photography.  I TRY to always remember that there are certain risks that come with this pastime, and understand, that IF ever busted, this hobby, so far, is not legal.  Waiting for someone else to TOFTT is, not very supportive of the other mongers here.

I always ask and if it was a good time, and someone I could recommend to someone else.  If she wants a review I write an honest one.  If she says no, then no review.  If NOT a good experience I would not ask and write a review anyway.  Last time I did a not-so-good one my phone exploded and I learned all manner of new insults lol.  But it was only from the lady I reviewed.  I eventually relented and asked it be taken down.  But whereas she had been passing through regularly (traveling lady) I do not believe she ever darkened Springs doorstep again, so mission accomplished I guess.  But I have never gotten or experienced backlash from other members.  I have heard stories though.

I must say on an unrelated note that whenever I hear "strikes me" this comes to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqLjBJPi1Jw

6 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Yes, she would. Think of it this way...would you like a new reference even though you have many references? References for you guys is equivalent to reviews for us ladies, so if you think you need a review from the lady for your benefit, be kind and reciprocate for her. I know not everyone does things this way, and I'm not a provider who requires a review for a reference, but I always wonder why it's not automatic unless the provider doesn't like reviews...or maybe you didn't have a good time with her, in which case, why are you asking her for a reference? Idk, those are my thoughts. 

Thanks for the explanation!!

It's so good that TOB gives us the chance to ask, learn and understand different points of view :P

fvd1l6.jpg

6 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

I’ve had three situations where my prior reviews have caused a provider to decline my invitation.  I’ve also had one provider get upset about a  VG review.

I would l love to hear you elaborate on these incidents. Were the reviews left for the first three less than good? And why did the one provider get upset about a VG review?

8 hours ago, Bora Bora said:

Thanks for the explanation!!

It's so good that TOB gives us the chance to ask, learn and understand different points of view :P

fvd1l6.jpg

I agree. I love getting different perpectives from different members. I learn something new every day in this hobby. Also, I wanted to add, I've given references to gentlemen who didn't review for one reason or the other, and I've gotten reviews from gentlemen who didn't ask for a reference, and many guys don't review or ask for refs.  Everyone has their reasons and comfort levels, and its all good regardless. For me, the main thing is I hope we both had a good time is all. 😊

14 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

There is no room for jealousy in the hobby. It's sad to see when a provider or hobbyist gets this way. Maybe you have an atf and there's a sting when you recieve a reference request, Lmao  but you get over yourself, and have a chuckle about it if you have any sense about you. 😋

You nailed it.  Variety is the spice of life and part of the reason some of us enjoy this hobby.  I love strawberry ice cream.  But I also love chocolate, vanilla and others.  I enjoy being able to enjoy spending time with a variety of ladies.

married men have to be a bit more discreet..  this is why in some cases I know of!  :P

12 minutes ago, Sapphire said:

married men have to be a bit more discreet..  this is why in some cases I know of!  :P

I'm not sure how not leaving a review helps a married man maintain his anonymity. Unless he's using his real name or something. :huh:

because they share a computer  ..  all digital transactions leave a footstep.  Have to be pretty slick to get away with that.  

31 minutes ago, Sapphire said:

because they share a computer  ..  all digital transactions leave a footstep.  Have to be pretty slick to get away with that.  

If he's already using a shared computer to look up listings, then presumably he knows how to access TOB without leaving traces. "Incognito Mode" is a good first step.

1 hour ago, AsianLover said:

"Incognito Mode" is a good first step.

Now that's quite interesting.

17 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

Now that's quite interesting.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm. Could you elaborate on your comment?

5 hours ago, AsianLover said:

If he's already using a shared computer to look up listings, then presumably he knows how to access TOB without leaving traces. "Incognito Mode" is a good first step.

Yep that's the total solution, Incognito Mode:

7 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Yep that's the total solution, Incognito Mode

Sapphire was talking about leaving digital "footprints" (i.e., browser history, cookies, etc); she made no mention of being "caught in the act." Also, I said "Incognito Mode" is a good first step not a "total solution."

Congratulations, you crafted both a straw man fallacy and a red herring with just 7 words and a stupid video. I sense that you enjoy arguing for the sake of being argumentative.

Stupid videos R Us!

Incognito mode is mostly worthless. Instead, try the "Epic" browser. Not NSA level anonymity, but a whole lot more secure than "incognito" mode in most other browsers. It truly doesn't track anything.

Edited by Just Another Guy

Many older gentlemen aren't real tech savvy plus things happen and a quick reminder we are talking about reasons someone might not leave a review?  Now I will veer off track some and share a story>  A man fell off a ladder at work and went to the hospital a few days with a concussion: In step the wife and daughter.. (fast forward) yes, he is divorced now..  Do you need the rest of the sad pathetic story?