fishndude57

This is apt to get me in Trouble maybe...

29 posts in this topic

Saw this on Twitter, thought it interesting. More replies than likes or RT's, some really really cool answers, I know my personal answer...

6Kt1rgY.jpg?1

Wow. So many things that need to be deleted.

First thing that came to my mind was Hunger in a specific age group that is not allowed to be mentioned here.

Mods, if my comment above is in violation of TOB rules, please delete it and accept my apologies.

Second thing that came to mind is cancer.

The list will go in forever.

Edited by ilovewomen

9 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Saw this on Twitter, thought it interesting. More replies than likes or RT's, some really really cool answers, I know my personal answer...

6Kt1rgY.jpg?1

I would delete War.

Let's get rid of "lack".  People could discover there is enough of the good stuff to go around when shared.

10 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Second thing that came to mind is cancer.

The list will go in forever.

1 hour ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Std’s And all other diseases!!! 

While I would like to eliminate the suffering that goes with many of the items listed here I am reminded of the movie “Death Takes a Holiday” (IMDB query, I remember the 1971 version best).  We are already seeing some of the side effects as modern medicine and accident prevention programs prolong life expectancies and increase our population beyond capacity in regions of the world.  As terrible as this may sound, death is very nessecary for any society. 

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

While I would like to eliminate the suffering that goes with many of the items listed here I am reminded of the movie “Death Takes a Holiday” (IMDB query, I remember the 1971 version best).  We are already seeing some of the side effects as modern medicine and accident prevention programs prolong life expectancies and increase our population beyond capacity in regions of the world.  As terrible as this may sound, death is very nessecary for any society. 

Unfortunately, that is a very true statement.

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Let's also not discount advances in agriculture and transportation. Millions that would have historically starved survive with increased food and the ability to get it to them. Adding inoculations and other "medical miracles" not only creates MASSIVE over-population of the range, BUT also critical weakening of the gene pool. Disease and starvation take the weak member of the herd first. Economic hard times as well. Now these people survive, procreate, and pass on their weaknesses. The human genome is weakening and mankind is now DE-evolving in conjunction with exploding numbers.

41 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Let's also not discount advances in agriculture and transportation. Millions that would have historically starved survive with increased food and the ability to get it to them. Adding inoculations and other "medical miracles" not only creates MASSIVE over-population of the range, BUT also critical weakening of the gene pool. Disease and starvation take the weak member of the herd first. Economic hard times as well. Now these people survive, procreate, and pass on their weaknesses. The human genome is weakening and mankind is now DE-evolving in conjunction with exploding numbers.

Reminds me of a saying...

Bad times make hard men.

Hard men make good times.

Good times make weak men.

Weak men make bad times.

We are currently between #3 and #4.

5 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Wowza Admiral you said a big mouthfull! I am not a fan of Big Pharma or Big Farma... we are devolved due to the quality of food being byproduct food and patches, needles, and pills are being prescribed constantly! 

If you have Netflix watch

“The Magic Pill” 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

The "wanna play a game" thread. ;)

10 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Eugenics Edition!

In some aspects I agree with Admiral.  I always thought that the discovery of penicillin was the opening of pandora's box. 

I also think that hate does not cover enough.  I would say INTOLERANCE. 

7 hours ago, gr8owl said:

I"m lost??

6 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I"m lost??

He is referring to Laci’s thread.

Thing is, I don’t know if he is serious or joking, so I have chosen to not comment on his post.

12 hours ago, Calisurfgirl said:

Honestly government, legislative, judicial, and executive. 

America was founded on the principles of individual liberty and personal responsibility. Our governments, particularly the federal government, were supposed to be limited in scope and power. The primary roles of the federal government were to provide national security, negotiate treaties, and facilitate interstate commerce between the the sovereign states. Our founders rightly considered government a "necessary evil" and sought to constrain its size and power via the Constitution: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Most people these days think that our rights come from the Constitutional Amendments; that is a fallacy. We are born with inalienable rights bestowed upon us by our Creator (however you wish to define "Creator"). The purpose of the Bill of Rights is to prohibit the government from infringing upon our inalienable rights. In other words, our rights do not come from government and are not granted to us by the Bill of Rights. We have natural rights by birth and the Bill of Rights is a constraint upon the government to prevent the government from infringing upon our rights.

Additionally, most people today have been misled to believe America to be a democracy. Our Founders abhorred the idea of a democracy because that leads to mob rule, where 51% of the people can vote to take from or oppress the other 49%. That is why America was founded as a Constitutional Republic, where the power of the government is [supposed to be] constrained by the Constitution and individual rights are protected, despite what the "democratic" majority may want.

As much as our Founders feared the power of a central government, they also realized that some government is necessary for the maintaining of law and order, to provide security, to facilitate trade, and to establish proper relations with other countries. Abolishing all government would leave a power vacuum. And from the anarchy that would ensue, an oppressive government would be spawned. So having limited government is a good thing. To delete all government would be to invite tyranny.

The problem we have today is that, over the years, we citizenry have failed to elect people who have an honest desire to uphold the Constitution. We have allowed the federal government to seize powers never intended for the federal government to have. We don't need to delete our government. But we do need to constrain it to ONLY its Constitutional duties. Wouldn't that be a great thing?

One could argue that the Civil War was the tipping point for Federalism and the 17th Amendment was the death of States’ Rights.  FDR’s New Deal cemented federal control of society.

Also, the 16th Amendment allowed the federal government to grow to behemoth levels, as well as gave the federal government profound and far-reaching control over our personal lives.

16 hours ago, Calisurfgirl said:

Honestly government, legislative, judicial, and executive. 

Eliminating the government as stated above would lead to the United States becoming........Venezuela.

I don’t think any of us want that.

On 2/14/2019 at 2:17 PM, ilovewomen said:

Eliminating the government as stated above would lead to the United States becoming........Venezuela.

I don’t think any of us want that.

I am a conservative which most find odd because I am a Hispanic, Millennial, Woman. I actually feel bad for Trump. I honestly believe we need a wall, barrier, whatever you want to call it. Why I say government is because of the hostility that has been set due to political agendas, propaganda on all sides. Also some of these Bills that are getting ignored that are needed are being passed over for bills like the abortion bill which is immoral, the bill just passed in New York.