NolaScofflaw-banned

Not responding to texts

59 posts in this topic

I don't understand how that approach wouldn't be appreciated.  Imagine how easy and efficient this process would be from their end if we were all like this.

22 hours ago, NolaScofflaw said:

I'm having trouble finding providers....

Hey NolaScofflaw, I'm not going to comment on the thread at all, just on your handle:  It's a bit generic, don't you think?  I have been to New Orleans, and isn't everyone there a scofflaw?  It really doesn't set you apart from the other million. :rolleyes:

Just kidding!  Welcome to the ColoScofflaws.

15 minutes ago, NolaScofflaw said:

I don't understand how that approach wouldn't be appreciated.  Imagine how easy and efficient this process would be from their end if we were all like this.

You're too brash IMO, I approached a YL a couple of weeks ago via her contact preference...email, gave her my name, never asked about anything else, and I have no references by choice on TOB, but did tell her she could verify my presence here or on P411.  I asked if her In was private as I do not do hotels, she asked why, I said preference is all, BAM rates back at me and when do I want to schedule, easy peasy. You're definitely doing something wrong here. 

8 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Hey NolaScofflaw, I'm not going to comment on the thread at all, just on your handle:  It's a bit generic, don't you think?  I have been to New Orleans, and isn't everyone there a scofflaw?  It really doesn't set you apart from the other million. :rolleyes:

Just kidding!  Welcome to the ColoScofflaws.

Lol, I guess that's a good point!  I kind of like it, though.  There are some parallels between this hobby and alcohol prohibition that it's meant to allude to.

2 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

You're too brash IMO, I approached a YL a couple of weeks ago via her contact preference...email, gave her my name, never asked about anything else, and I have no references by choice on TOB, but did tell her she could verify my presence here or on P411.  I asked if her In was private as I do not do hotels, she asked why, I said preference is all, BAM rates back at me and when do I want to schedule, easy peasy. You're definitely doing something wrong here. 

Maybe it's that part of the approach.  Although, I suspect the difference in your results could likely be explained by the fact that you didn't immediately ask for rates.  It's possible that most of them don't like being treated like a mechanic, but I'll consider changing that part of the approach if changing other, seemingly more likely, causes doesn't seem to make a difference.

6 minutes ago, NolaScofflaw said:

Maybe it's that part of the approach.  Although, I suspect the difference in your results could likely be explained by the fact that you didn't immediately ask for rates.  It's possible that most of them don't like being treated like a mechanic, but I'll consider changing that part of the approach if changing other, seemingly more likely, causes doesn't seem to make a difference.

Never mind, I think I just assumed you were attacking the "mechanic" position.  Yeah maybe just not saying too much at first and letting her ask the questions would help.  I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks!

If you want to keep treating these lovely women like a mechanic you should expect to get the same (lack of) results.  You are imposing your logic in a scenario where you dont make the rules.  You typically dont have to convince a mechanic to make a highly personal decision take your business. Think Charles Darwin: evolve or perish.  You have been given specific sound advice born from successful experience.  Your move....

so no one is allowed to post a price,  It is the first information given on a text no matter if it is asked about or not unless the first text is a solicitation? 

Acting like a dick makes you a dick.  Just saying.

2 hours ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Yikes, carefully buddy, you were doing well asking for advice and taking it. Now saying they are 'mechanics' may just get you a flogging from some ladies. 

I think you're on the right track, just keep at it and follow said advice.

I saw that reply and almost chimed in. You were a lot nicer than I would have been.

20 minutes ago, Sapphire said:

so no one is allowed to post a price,  It is the first information given on a text no matter if it is asked about or not unless the first text is a solicitation? 

Acting like a dick makes you a dick.  Just saying.

Well that hurts my feelings

32 minutes ago, NolaScofflaw said:

Well that hurts my feelings

Well gee whiz. Your feelings got hurt. 

Treating the ladies here like they are mechanics is a hell of a lot worse.

If you want to treat them like they are mechanics, don’t complain and or write a review when you get a mechanical session.

To the OP.  Let me get this straight.  You only joined in December and in a one month span see at  least three ladies, all in Springs, a number bigger than zero of which do screen and know what they are doing yet as  a newbie you get to see them, all three are well known in town so references should be golden, yet suddenly you can't get anyone in town to return texts and you just don't know why - it wasn't till you got to Springs it was a problem  Hmmmm.  And mention blacklist twice.  Hmmmmm And make some veiled insulting comments toward the ladies, especially in Springs.  Am I the only one that doesn't buy this whole line of whatever?  I find myself wondering:

what is your other handle?

who black listed you under what name?

why did she?

why is anyone falling for whatever the game is?

Do little people live on the bayou?

But maybe I am just being an asshole.

23 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

To the OP.  Let me get this straight.  You only joined in December and in a one month span see at  least three ladies, all in Springs, a number bigger than zero of which do screen and know what they are doing yet as  a newbie you get to see them, all three are well known in town so references should be golden, yet suddenly you can't get anyone in town to return texts and you just don't know why - it wasn't till you got to Springs it was a problem  Hmmmm.  And mention blacklist twice.  Hmmmmm And make some veiled insulting comments toward the ladies, especially in Springs.  Am I the only one that doesn't buy this whole line of whatever?  I find myself wondering:

what is your other handle?

who black listed you under what name?

why did she?

why is anyone falling for whatever the game is?

Do little people live on the bayou?

But maybe I am just being an asshole.

The first one was contacted through Eccie, where I have more reviews.  I didn't know I needed to switch to TOB until after I saw her.  I'm not sure why the others saw me, I believe they were just contacted on here.    I don't believe I've insulted anybody, but it seems like some people here feel like I have.

Nah, you're not being an asshole.  It's good to be extra suspicious of people, especially on here.  Or maybe I'm just an asshole and can't recognize other assholes because of that.

Edited by NolaScofflaw

16 minutes ago, NolaScofflaw said:

The first one was contacted through Eccie, where I have more reviews.  Now it is oddly making sense

Nah, you're not being an asshole.  It's good to be extra suspicious of people, especially on here.  Or maybe I'm just an asshole and can't recognize other assholes because of that.  Aw wait until you been here a while to decide.  No snap judgments. :cool:

You could always be more efficient and request forced water sports in your first msg 🤔 

3 hours ago, Laci French said:

You could always be more efficient and request forced water sports in your first msg 🤔 

And baby carrots. Don't forget the baby carrots.

8 hours ago, Laci French said:

Haven’t tried that. Could be interesting.

But then again, I’ve led a sheltered life.

11 hours ago, Laci French said:

But @Laci French does anyone really know what forced water sports is? I for one do not. 

On 2/10/2019 at 10:09 PM, K2dnvrfun said:

Like said, make sure you read the listing or website and find out how initial contact should be made.

Be a gentleman and you should be fine.

I have yet to contact a lady, via preferred method and using a nice introduction, that has not gotten back to me within the day.

Look for reputable ladies, follow their directions and be a gentleman and you should have no issue. 

I was ready to complain about not getting a response back in 15 minutes.

Thank you for the love.

29 minutes ago, Kishon said:

I was ready to complain about not getting a response back in 15 minutes.

Thank you for the love.

Understand that many of these ladies are super busy, this world, real life world, jobs, seeing clients,  family days...... be patient and polite and you should hear back in relative quick time. 

On 2/10/2019 at 11:19 PM, NolaScofflaw said:

I think I've been following the suggestions made here, except that I always ask what the rates are before agreeing to meet, but my experiences have been different from your experiences.  I'm not sure why.  The only thing that comes to mind is maybe a provider blacklisted me recently.  That might could explain it.  Or maybe you just can't ask what the rates are ahead of time in this area, but that doesn't make any sense, you would effectively be writing a blank check.  If Denver doesn't work out I might just semi-retire until I move to a different area.  This is requiring too much time and effort.

Im sorry ahead of time...

LOL . Thats funny !! Hilarious!

Its It's funny and i wish had seen this thread before i went to nola.  I have no problem with dates here thanks to tob but i could not get replies to any contact method from the nola girls.  

I can understand both sides. I prefer to look up info for any provider and see what's out there online first. Love using this site or P411 to make contact as it's a line of screening in itself. It's fair for ladies to have our info as well to look up as well if needed.

Instant replies and such show phone dependency and our desperation. Have a little patience. If someone isn't patient enough to allow a provider to reply then perhaps taking matters into your own hands may be required. ;-) Pun intended. 

Thankful for all the providers who go out of their way to accommodate and have info out there for us all to verify and feel better about. Keep up the good work. 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, NolaScofflaw said:

I'm going to keep treating them like a mechanic, though, because that's what they are.

What? 

Is it just me or is this another guy from Texas trolling ?

Edited by petey-9950
Fat thumb

I prefer text however wont text or call anyone back if I havent responded with in 30min.