I love Men!

23 posts in this topic

With all this silly toxic masculinity bullshit out there, I just wanted to come on here and say....

please for the love of all things awesome, don’t listen to anyone who says men are toxic. Are there bad guys, yes, but I’m talking about the rest of the men out there....we want manly men! Strong men who hunt, fish, watch sports, grill, laugh, and at the end of the day are confident because he is a good man! And he treats a lady like she’s a queen. So go on and be men! Drink beer, burp, fart and be a man! Some of us ladies are okay with men being men! 

Be careful, babe. There are a bunch of militant feminists out there with zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't support their ideological agenda. Some might tear up your 'chick' card, others will want to tar and feather you. It is no longer a movement, it is beyond politics now, it is a full-blown religion with its own high priests and gospels, and no heresy can be tolerated.

Good Lord! Melissa posts some praise for the type of man she likes and some whiny scaredy cat feels the need to warn her about women who frighten him.

Melissa, you feel free to praise whoever you like.

Easytimes, maybe you need to move out of mom's basement, and grow a pair! :lol:

Thanks for correcting me, pfunk. Only 7 decades of experience to draw my conclusions on, 21 years in the military (Vietnam combat vet), and 32 years running a business with 20-plus employees. After burying Dad I moved Mom into a house I bought for her (no basement for me, so I stayed in one of the other two houses I own). Guess I didn't learn as much as I thought, certainly not enough to match wits with a smart ass pfunk.

💗💗💗 she always brings the best posts to the board.... 

I love men too!!! 😁

51 minutes ago, easytimes81006 said:

... There are a bunch of militant feminists out there with zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't support their ideological agenda. ...

I have to agree w/EasyTimes on this statement, which seems to apply to most positions in the political spectrum these days. There also doesn’t seem to be any statute of limitation for remarks or actions; something from decades ago is treated as if you uttered it yesterday.  Zero tolerance abounds with no middle ground. ☹️

But I don’t think Melissa cares or needs a warning. 

I agree with both EasyTimes and Bit here.

Just my .02$ worth.

1 hour ago, MeganMarie4u said:

💗💗💗 she always brings the best posts to the board.... 

I love men too!!! 😁

And us men are glad you do !!  

And on another note, thank you Melissa for being up front on this subject.

3 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

With all this silly toxic masculinity bullshit out there, I just wanted to come on here and say....

please for the love of all things awesome, don’t listen to anyone who says men are toxic. Are there bad guys, yes, but I’m talking about the rest of the men out there....we want manly men! Strong men who hunt, fish, watch sports, grill, laugh, and at the end of the day are confident because he is a good man! And he treats a lady like she’s a queen. So go on and be men! Drink beer, burp, fart and be a man! Some of us ladies are okay with men being men! 

I haven't found any proof of this yet but I'm going to keep fishing My ass off just in case. you never know, there could be a woman out there who is thinking " check out this graying out of shape over weight old dude who would sell his soul to go fishing in the mountains, I gotta get me some of that!!!". :D

3 hours ago, easytimes81006 said:

Thanks for correcting me, pfunk. Only 7 decades of experience to draw my conclusions on, 21 years in the military (Vietnam combat vet), and 32 years running a business with 20-plus employees. After burying Dad I moved Mom into a house I bought for her (no basement for me, so I stayed in one of the other two houses I own). Guess I didn't learn as much as I thought, certainly not enough to match wits with a smart ass pfunk.

All I can say is...you're the one who seems to be afraid of "a bunch of militant feminists out there with zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't support their ideological agenda. "

I'm glad you've been successful, but that has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

1 hour ago, boink36 said:

I haven't found any proof of this yet but I'm going to keep fishing My ass off just in case. you never know, there could be a woman out there who is thinking " check out this graying out of shape over weight old dude who would sell his soul to go fishing in the mountains, I gotta get me some of that!!!". :D

Me! Me! 😁😁😁

You can bring home the fish, and I'll fry it up in a pan. 😉

Edited by Hunter VanDyke

4 hours ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Me! Me! 😁😁😁

You can bring home the fish, and I'll fry it up in a pan. 😉

OK, I stand corrected! I must admit this post even made me blush a little bit. ;)

The subject at hand seems to include a rude, arrogant, and insulting pfunk who likes to insult people before thinking about the topic under discussion. Suggesting that I move out of my mother's basement and grow a pair was a slap in the face, and I responded in an appropriate manner. You may think you are something very special, so I will just think of you as "Special Ed". Please feel free to PM me with your mailing address so I can send you a 5-gallon bucket of coarse sand and a sledge hammer with instruction for proper use.

Well, I agree with Melissa. Be a man! Don't get me wrong there is nothing sexier than a strong, hunk of meat providing for his family, working hard at his job, watching a game, drinking a brewskie, and enjoying all the flavors that are out there. I will say that everyone has their type so if he is a metro, gay, trans, tall, short, black, yellow, white, skinny, fat, bald, hairy, blah, blah, blah....OWN YOUR MAN-NESS!!! We don't mind your PMS, tears, empathy, and passion towards us either just don't justify your choices, excuses, mistakes on someone else and think it is okay. A true man will own up to it, and grow to be a better man.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

16 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I think you’re good intended but are confused as to what toxic masculinity really is💜said with love! :) toxic masculinity is not any of those things. And it doesn’t just pertain to Men. Even I as a woman have struggled with this concept of being too masculine sometimes and sometimes too feminine. Every woman does. A well rounded person has a blend of feminine and masculine qualities that are balanced while still FULLY being a man and still being a woman to create harmony in all relationships. This has nothing to do with sex or gender or sexual orientation at ALL but behavior* :) None of the things mentioned are toxic and I agree men be men. We love it! You balance us out and we thank you for that. I always dislike being the militant in the room and not trying to come off that way. But this is a subject that should be educated and have research behind😉psych major much? 😂the concept and saying can be taken the wrong way but is bringing a lot of reflections up for people. So happy it exists but no men don’t ever take that saying the wrong way. Us woman can also be toxic at times if we don’t balance our femininity. 

Some examples of toxic masculinity: 

1. The idea that showing emotion is weak and aggression or passive aggressiveness is the way to go. “Real” men are strong and should primarily act out of anger. 

2. Everything is a competition and not cooperation. 

3. The idea that men cannot be abused bullied or shamed. Only women can.

(let me throw in one more for the hell of it) 

4. Sex workers can’t be abused or raped because their sex workers and I’m entitled to it. 

Some examples of toxic femininity: 

1. Women are always right. We never have to take a look at our own behavior because we’re “smarter” than men and they should put up with it.

2. Out of self control emotions that lack logic or reason and just create havoc without problem solving. 

3. Malicious gossip about other people just for the intent or sake of drama. 

The list goes on and on and of course these are just examples. Moral of the sorry men keep burping keep hunting keep being YOU😅never toxic. 

I spent my entire life in some of the most "masculine" jobs to be found.  I don't understand what "toxic" masculinity is.  @Leena_rose's list of traits looks to me to be a list of what we used to call "assholes".

In any case, I appreciate @Melissa Sterling telling guys it's OK to be masculine.  

My own two cents worth, based on years of being in tough jobs, of having seen and experienced things no one should have to see or experience. These are traits I saw in guys who would probably be considered "toxic"

If you constantly have to tell someone your in charge, you're not.

If you constantly have to "prove" how tough you are, you're not

If the only way you can supervise is by belittling, you're not a supervisor

If you're offended by every perceived insult, you're too insecure in your own "masculinity"

If your answer to any challenge is to use physical force, you're not as tough as you think you are.

If you don't get a joke, even when it's on you, you need to re-evaluate yourself

I could go on, but I won't. Already TLDR.

Melissa, I hope you return to Colorado someday!

Edited by Just Another Guy

I agree with Melissa and think it’s very sweet she made this post just to remind men how awesome they are ☺️ We should remind more often! 

6 hours ago, Leena_rose said:

I agree with Melissa and think it’s very sweet she made this post just to remind men how awesome they are ☺️ We should remind more often! 

Some of us men recognize how awesome ladies when we see them 😜

I will have a beer while I  wash my truck, another as I polish boot and then take a nap. I will probably fart a couple of times as well. Oh and scratch my nuts. And let's not forget all the fun of a good belching contest with grandsons Thanks Melissa!!

Happy Valentines Day to all the SEXY MEN I ADORE YOU all! :wub: 

Now I know why Melissa was too busy to call me back LOL Love YOU ALL Sexy pants and all! XO