Seeker5280

Serendipity happened today.

23 posts in this topic

My atf had to cancel two and half hours before our encounter this morning. I was disappointed, for about two seconds. 

Very apologetic, no biggy to me as her family needed her last minute. 

I was bold enough to ask for 30 minutes free added to the next time we visit and BOOM, serendipity happened!

She said yes.

Class act in my book! 

I luv these wonderful gals that are in our community.

Although im not sure how many ladies would agree with your approach.... especially in an emergency situation....im glad it worked out for you!!

We have the absolutely best ladies here in Denver.

But asking for an extra 30 minutes next time  because she had to cancel 2 1/2 hours before an appointment due to family is mighty ballsy and in my book, classless. 

If she is your ATF and she knows it, I believe most of the ladies here on TOB would automatically give you extra consideration.

Edited by ilovewomen

I'm going with classless too. Dude LIFE happens, I hope you tip her extremely well. Jeez. 

Would you have thought she was a class act if she said no it was a family thing beyond her control, and needed to take care of her family? Just curious if you'd still be making the post talking about you love the gals in our community, if you didn't come up on an unfortunate situation. I have added extra time before, but thats because i messed up in some way...not because of family stuff. Damn.

28 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Would you have thought she was a class act if she said no it was a family thing beyond her control, and needed to take care of her family? Just curious if you'd still be making the post talking about you love the gals in our community, if you didn't come up on an unfortunate situation. I have added extra time before, but thats because i messed up in some way...not because of family stuff. Damn.

The answer to your question is yes. Nobody on this forum saw the text exchanges as this thing developed. This lady is just that, she’s a lady.

Looking back I should not have been so bold to ask her.

I own it!

I wonder if you had an emergency and cancelled on her if you would be paying her the $200.00 for the half hour you made her lose? My guess is you would not pay her if you cancelled.  Rude to ask!! 

14 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

I wonder if you had an emergency and cancelled on her if you would be paying her the $200.00 for the half hour you made her lose? My guess is you would not pay her if you cancelled.  Rude to ask!! 

Raine,

I ended this with “I own it.”

The answer to your question is yes. I would always give the half if I cancelled with short notice. 

I hope you are satisfied.

1 hour ago, Seeker5280 said:

Raine,

I ended this with “I own it.”

The answer to your question is yes. I would always give the half if I cancelled with short notice. 

I hope you are satisfied.

I hope this is true... I have a cancellation policy.  Less then 0.1% have paid it.  Forgive me for being sceptical about you paying her the money she lost.  Sorry, I still find you rude for asking for $200.00 HH for an emergency cancellations.  

14 hours ago, Seeker5280 said:

My atf had to cancel two and half hours before our encounter this morning. I was disappointed, for about two seconds. 

Very apologetic, no biggy to me as her family needed her last minute. 

I was bold enough to ask for 30 minutes free added to the next time we visit and BOOM, serendipity happened!

She said yes.

Class act in my book! 

I luv these wonderful gals that are in our community.

That would not sit well with me.

If I have to cancel it is for a reason. To ask for a free 30min is some bullshit! 

@seeker 5280 you have some nerve.

Two people come to a mutually satisfactory agreement and are happy with it, you very pleasantly share it with the group, and then you catch all this shit. 

Fucke ‘em, if you and her worked it out, that is all that matters.

If I had to cancel I’d offer to make it up. Only the OP knows the dynamics of their relationship and he obviously felt comfortable with asking. Not the normal response and I’m sure most would not agree, but there have been plenty of examples on this forum where we discuss taking care of each other on a personal level. So don’t jump to conclusions too fast. If he was a newbie, or new to seeing her, perhaps he could find value in the advice. 

Mom that note....please don’t do this unless you know the provider pretty well. 

34 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

If I had to cancel I’d offer to make it up. Only the OP knows the dynamics of their relationship and he obviously felt comfortable with asking. Not the normal response and I’m sure most would not agree, but there have been plenty of examples on this forum where we discuss taking care of each other on a personal level. So don’t jump to conclusions too fast. If he was a newbie, or new to seeing her, perhaps he could find value in the advice. 

Mom that note....please don’t do this unless you know the provider pretty well. 

This is my thought, it's a deal worked out between two people... it's capitalism ya'll. 

Although posting the deal here, not a big fan of.  Setting expectations like this in a post is kind of weird, it's like setting the playing field a bit uneven for everyone else who now thinks there's a standard baseline to follow.  Would have been better just a "She had to cancel blah blah blah, I know when we can reschedule she's going to take great care of me" thing.  A little discretion is always a good thing.

1 minute ago, Hobby Hobbit said:

Oh, you mean a closed mouth doesn't get fed!?

#doyou

Look where you opening your mouth has gotten you..

😂😂😂

I am sure the attorneys, doctors, IT consult give you a free extra 30 minutes if they have to reschedule... Oh let me remember my place as a hooker and not as important.

Well, OP, I suspect that most of these answers differ from what you expected.  If your ATF had volunteered the extra time then its unlikely you would be hearing much grief.  Since you requested it, there is a sense that you took advantage of her when she was in a tough spot. True, she didn't have to agree......

Hmmmm, for me it depends on the circumstance. If it was last minute, I would offer free time as I am the one canceling on the client and inconveniencing him, BUT only if it is a client that I have seen. Newbies I haven't met, and don't feel comfortable giving them extra time, especially if we don't click. To me, if you two communicated and are both on the same page then I feel it is okay. It is her time, and it sounds like you try to respect it, BUT keep in mind that not all providers think the same about this, and you may not get so lucky the next time. I would, in the future see if the lady offers up extra time, and if not then decide how you want to proceed to ask if she had to cancel or reschedule the time. The smart thing about owning a business is that if you screw up, providing an incentive gives you a more likely repeat clientele(as long as they don't try to abuse it).

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I am lost??? Why would you air your private business on a pubic forum?  Something of this nature I would NEVER talk about or be proud about. With a private agreement it should always remain private!

If I was an ATF with someone? If I score an awesome deal with anyone or for anyone or situations be them what they may (time, money, belongings). Please keep the conversation with you only.  Also please  never disclose or discuss about what we personally decided to do to remedy a situation in an open public forum please...

Happy for your gain! Just having a hard time understanding why you would openly discuss this here?  After all this is a private score that only benefited and serves you.  Hopefully your AFT is happy too.

Nothing personal other than I am feeling awkward about this post. Am I wrong for feeling this way? 

3 hours ago, sb1212 said:

Well, OP, I suspect that most of these answers differ from what you expected.  If your ATF had volunteered the extra time then its unlikely you would be hearing much grief.  Since you requested it, there is a sense that you took advantage of her when she was in a tough spot. True, she didn't have to agree......

I disagree. I think the answers he is getting are EXACTLY what he expected, and precisely why he posted.