SexiKenni

If the Hobby were to be decriminalized, how do think thing would change?

49 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, MelindaMadison said:

Back on subject... there is a difference between decriminalization and legalization. they are not the same. SWOP (Sex Workers Outreach Project) and allies voice support for Decrim vs Legalization. ...

Yes, a vast difference.  And IMHO decriminaluzation should be the goal.  But the reality will likely be legalization.  There are groups on both sides of the political spectrum who will fight either move; they will try to place odious controls on the trade.  As others have said, the government wonks will demand their pound of flesh in sin taxes.  Let’s not forget the model that decriminalized prostitution, but criminalizes solicitation.

Legalization is just a front for taxing and controlling vice. I don't think we want a government sanctioned registry where there are controlled zones for approved workers guarded by the tax man.

Decriminalization is the way to go in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Calisurfgirl said:

Obtaining a medical degree is not a small task. Nor, is surgical residency. Thus, the shortage of doctors in the United States. So I would kindly request unless you personally have gone through 11 years of college, not to speak on a subject you have not yet experienced. I assure you, if you were one of my patients, I would make absolutely sure that your chart is grammatically correct. 

I took a minute to run this post through the hobby forum post translator. here is what I got back.............................. :D

On 2/8/2019 at 3:41 PM, Bravo1 said:

I think it could potentially cause prices to go up if it were legalized which is great for the providers. 

Legalization will probably lead to more providers. Marketplace competition tends to drive prices down. However, there will always be "luxury" providers who will fetch top-dollar.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:19 PM, Bit Banger said:

Sorry to burst your youthful bubble, but these are the providers I often seek. We have a LOT in common and they are still significantly younger than I am.

I wasn’t even born yet when he was in office. Smh. 

Anyways. Price would go down not up 

No one wants to be forced into getting a license to be a hoe and end up on a list somewhere which would ultimately result in negative consequences down the road. 

Edited by jasminewaterss7

On 2/10/2019 at 8:19 AM, Bit Banger said:

Yes, a vast difference.  And IMHO decriminaluzation should be the goal.  But the reality will likely be legalization.  There are groups on both sides of the political spectrum who will fight either move; they will try to place odious controls on the trade.  As others have said, the government wonks will demand their pound of flesh in sin taxes.  Let’s not forget the model that decriminalized prostitution, but criminalizes solicitation.

I agree Bit. The government want a share of our "pie". We want decriminilization, they want it legalized so they can have control. While they may protect us, it won't be without them getting something in return for the "favor".

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

3 hours ago, AsianLover said:

Legalization will probably lead to more providers. Marketplace competition tends to drive prices down. However, there will always be "luxury" providers who will fetch top-dollar.

Good point, didn't consider the competition factor of opening it up to everyone. 

Look to the one state in the United States where prostitution is Legal people. Sure things will vary from state to state, but we don't have to look to other countries like Germany or anywhere else to figure this one out. We have an example of legalization in our own country. Its been legal for decades in our own country in the state of Nevada. 

5 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

Look to the one state in the United States where prostitution is Legal people. Sure things will vary from state to state, but we don't have to look to other countries like Germany or anywhere else to figure this one out. We have an example of legalization in our own country. Its been legal for decades in our own country in the state of Nevada. 

Yes. Very controlled, and not permitted in the major urban areas.

When I sampled in both Pharump & Winnemuca, prices were slightly above and services slightly below the Denver average..

Edited by Bit Banger

4 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

When I sampled in both Pharump & Winnemuca, prices were slightly above and services slightly below the Denver average..

I would say when I was there the prices were more than slightly above average...they were double, at least double...because the house got half. I am sorry your services were below, that really sucks. I would say the ladies I worked with and myself gave the same service or even better because we were free to do whatever the fuck we wanted in a safe environment amongst friends and similar spirits.Thats just my experience  though.

9 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I would say when I was there the prices were more than slightly above average...they were double, at least double...because the house got half. I am sorry your services were below, that really sucks. I would say the ladies I worked with and myself gave the same service or even better because we were free to do whatever the fuck we wanted in a safe environment amongst friends and similar spirits.Thats just my experience  though.

As I think on it, the experiences were different. 

In Pharump almost 20 years ago, yes the price was almost double Denver’s hourly rate, but for a 90min afternoon session.  Service was not bad, just not up to Denver standards.  As I recall, she also hailed from the Denver area.

In Winnemuca about 6 years ago, prices were perhaps 30% higher ($300/hr while Denver’s average hovered around $200-250). Again, services were a little below the excellence I’ve come to expect from TOB providers.

4 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

As I think on it, the experiences were different. 

In Pharump almost 20 years ago, yes the price was almost double Denver’s hourly rate, but for a 90min afternoon session.  Service was not bad, just not up to Denver standards.  As I recall, she also hailed from the Denver area.

In Winnemuca about 6 years ago, prices were perhaps 30% higher ($300/hr while Denver’s average hovered around $200-250). Again, services were a little below the excellence I’ve come to expect from TOB providers.

Just let them legalize it in Denver!  It will be turned up! I would luuuuv it, and you would not have a sub par experience, I promise! 😁

That was by far the most fun I've ever had in the hobby. Hedonism

In My opinion, it is beating the dead horse.  Women will never stop getting naked for men and men will never stop them from it.  Being  the oldest forms of Capitalism, being that one person really cannot tell another what to do or how to be, and being that individuals have to survive.  This career is a life line for us all.  Do we choose to lay down and die because someone is offended by our life?  Did any of us wait for pot to be legal before we inhaled?  <_<  So many issues that should be non issues and people should go back to minding their own business and leave others alone who bring no harm to society.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Doesn’t Nevada control this and it’s really country by county? I can’t remember but I thought it was very local level in terms of control/legalization. 

10 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

Doesn’t Nevada control this and it’s really country by county? I can’t remember but I thought it was very local level in terms of control/legalization. 

You are correct. {Wikipedia}

This is BIG money. Legal prostitution in NV accounts for about $75 million/year.  But this is estimated to only be 10% of the market. Illegal prostitution accounts for $5  BILLION annually.

In the counties in Nevada you must get a state ID and it lists your 'name' and 'stage' name (for anyone in Nevada who handles money)You can't work in the clubs without it.  Same thing in Wy. last time I was there a state ID was issued to all 'dancers'.  It is ridiculous.  

On 2/8/2019 at 5:04 PM, Calisurfgirl said:

I like your proposed questions, and the possibilities. To touch upon what a prior person stated in the comments above. I don’t think the rate would inflate for mediocre providers. We few legit upscale providers would thought because now our stock would become more valueable. I think that those that developed platform and/or own the site would make the most money because it could place a considerable tax. Think about whenmarijuana  became legal in Colorado, there is a 2.9% sales tax state wide , when it comes to any particular involving cannabis, weather person(s) buy a dime bag or an ounce it’s 15% sales tax and if you are growing or distributing marijuana to these dispensaries there is an additional special tax on top of that. Also like marijuana you’re going to get the opportunity to have a higher caliber Of strand in our case provider. luckily some of us that are extremely educated, or the actual person in the photo in present time (meaning today) , Those providers that don’t utilize drugs, and are humorous, intelligent that provide amazing sessions become a “Rare Commodity” We would have job security, because this platform would end up being like (tinder) in retrospect. 

I’m not trying to be rude but if a provider was  literally a teenager and/or in college during Reagan’s administration they will have a hard time, if there photos were old like there yearbooks they will have a hard time.  If providers don’t understand that quality is more advantageous than misleading listings they will have a hard time. 

I’m an old ho, but a good ho😂

Thanks for your hot minute of wisdom. 

I think it would be great for our overall economy. We could actually pay are taxes. It would be much safer. I notice when boards went off I saw a lot of people wslking the streets on streets I had no idea were "walking streets" Im from Texas. We could advertise online and that keeps us safe. As long as no one else is involved and its just adults consenting to mutual fun. Legalize it!!!

Edited by Squirtinkirstin
left that out