new60sguy

Proper etiquette?

20 posts in this topic

How do you go about finding out what women charge for their time?  I've received some nasty replies when I ask them directly in a text.  But I don't want to waste my time (or theirs) by dancing around the topic. And I surely don't want to make an appointment without knowing how much it will be.  I appreciate that prices are still listed on p411 but there seems to be increasing numbers of women who advertise here and not there.   Sometimes you can find this out with a bit of research, especially for those who have websites, but other times not. I would be interested in feedback from both sides of the fence.

Be a gentleman introduce yourself and ask.

If the lady does not have a website with information or a link to a site that allows her donations to be listed, she is a fool to have a rude response when asked.

I never ask about donations by text. I may initiate the conversation by text if the lady states that in her ad. I then ask if I may call her.  

I will then ask "How much is the donation for an hour of your time and companionship?". 

If her donation rate is listed in her ad, I confirm the rate by saying " ... I see the donation is $xxx for 1 hour of your time and companionship. Is that correct?"

Never had a lady get upset so far.

If she doesn't have rates listed on a website, P411, or an ad somewhere...I'm not going to contact her. 

This is her business, whether part time or full time. IMHO it's up to her to let us know pricing for her time. ;)  

Websites are cheap and easy to make. If you’re serious about your business you’ll make one 

ladies do you go nuts when a gentleman is too lazy to check your website 

Edited by jasminewaterss7

31 minutes ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

Websites are cheap and easy to make. If you’re serious about your business you’ll make one 

It's so much easier for me when a lady has a website! I always look for a link on a ladies profile.

12 hours ago, new60sguy said:

How do you go about finding out what women charge for their time?  I've received some nasty replies when I ask them directly in a text.  But I don't want to waste my time (or theirs) by dancing around the topic. And I surely don't want to make an appointment without knowing how much it will be.  I appreciate that prices are still listed on p411 but there seems to be increasing numbers of women who advertise here and not there.   Sometimes you can find this out with a bit of research, especially for those who have websites, but other times not. I would be interested in feedback from both sides of the fence.

It's been my experience that once I've introduced myself, expressed my desire to meet, passed screening and have set a mutually agreeable date and time, the lady will usually then give me her rates. I can then decide if it fits my budget. If not, I'll decline, if it does, we're good to go. I've not had to actually ask.

All good advise above, but keep in mind that rates can be moving target. I once booked a lady for two days later after seeing rates on her web site.  I checked the site again day of and saw rates had changed.  I confirmed with her before appointment and all was OK, but it really sucks to walk in with the wrong donation.

I have asked if there was a recommended donation. I have asked if there might be anything I could bring for the lady. Asking about rates or compensation not only seems tacky, but it might also be construed as "probable cause".

always a delicate topic in the dating world...

be honest, be yourself, be respectful, research first, then choose wisely how you proceed...

and never underestimate PM'ing a guy that has been on a date with her and written a review - if you have established yourself enough on the board, that fellah may share with you some very helpful 411 on what a great date with her entails...

5 hours ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

The web button on here,  my Auto reply text and call has website link.  Click the damn link guys.  If the information is out there and Mr lazy ask, I redirect to my site.  Yes, we get annoyed with location and donation question when one click could answer those unnecessary questions.  

If the information is not available, sorry you are going to have to ask.  Not helpful, sorry!

I very rarely contact any lady without P411 or a web site. On the odd occasion I do I introduce my self like I would knowing the rate already with my handles on TOB & P411 so she can do a quick screen on me and hopefully know I'm not trying to waste her time

While I have no problem beginning a conversation with a proper introduction and notice of how the YL came to my attention, I put little faith That her web presence is current & accurate. Sorry, ladies, but years of invalid & conflicting information on websites and ads by numerous providers creates doubt.  I’m going to politely ask for rates (time based) and general location.

9 hours ago, easytimes81006 said:

I have asked if there was a recommended donation. I have asked if there might be anything I could bring for the lady. Asking about rates or compensation not only seems tacky, but it might also be construed as "probable cause".

This is not tacky at all to ask.  Just ask in a courteous way “how much do you charge for an hour of companionship”?

If there is no website for reference, I want to know the cost of business before I go any further past the initial introduction.

That way I don’t waste her time or mine.

Great responses everyone.  Thankyou.

For those women who don't have p411 or websites, is there anything from preventing you from adding 3 roses or something equivalent to your ads?

I don't see anything wrong with asking about rates for a lady's TIME in a text or email, if she hasn't posted them. I have never known it to cause an issue.

I am not going to go through getting screened or wasting any time talking about schedules just to be told she's out of my league financially. This is one of the first things I typically get a handle on.

I agree about asking how much is the donation for her time. I would never use the word "companionship" with any discussion of finances; I think this would send off red flags for her. Really, why would you need to use the word "companionship" anyway? It's not like she's going to misunderstand you.

I've had good luck with reaching out, asking about availability, then asking "What else should I know?" I'll normally get the information I need easily without having to mention anything about companionship or time.

Guys, I think the answer is to ask at the appropriate time, don’t be an ass in how you ask and go from there.   Just like in life, you’ll win some and you’ll lose some.  Then just move on, this is definitely not a dating site like Match dot com.  Sorry for the rant but just my .2 cents.

On 8.2.2019 at 4:04 AM, new60sguy said:

How do you go about finding out what women charge for their time?  

by asking  "How much do you charge?";)