Choose your hotel chain carefully

46 posts in this topic

Looks like a certain chain that starts with M and ends with T is scrutinizing women who:  check in by themselves - use a lot of towels - use extra linen - have sex toys.  Because sex trafficking.

http://www.papermag.com/marriott-hotels-sex-trafficking-training-2627520121.html

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/how-hotel-employees-are-trained-to-spot-human-trafficking

https://www.reddit.com/r/SexWorkers/comments/akh718/marriott_hotels_are_keeping_track_of_single_women/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/ak39ff/marriott_is_now_watching_solo_women_travelers_and/ 

Some chains are blocking sites on their free wifi, some bars are not allowing single women to sit at the bars by themselves.  FOSTA-SESTA is really working it!

Sooooo ridiculous. If they really wanted to combat human trafficking they’d make a far bigger difference starting with their own house keeping staff. 🤷🏽‍♀️ #JustSayin 

1st of all, MOST hotels give training to look for sex trafficking victims, Thankfully! Ladies shouldn't be asking for extra towels and linens, and they definitely should NOT be preventing housekeeping from entering their rooms. Why wouldn't you let housekeeping in your room? Keep your rooms clean ladies. Gentlemen appreciate it. 💙

This is why I don’t like using hotels. 

Same thing is happening with banks. 

Uber is starting to train for sex trafficking too

Sex trafficking = Bad

Sexting in traffic = Good

1 hour ago, K2dnvrfun said:

Uber is starting to train for sex trafficking too

Uber hasn’t said a word to me and I’ve been a part time drivers for 3 1/2 years for them.

4 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Uber hasn’t said a word to me and I’ve been a part time drivers for 3 1/2 years for them.

I've just seen it circulating on twitter today. 

It is the time of year to demonstrate "results" in order to be able to renew grants for "trafficking" prevention and enforcement.  So ........ LE, DA's and media shills will be their busiest of the year into April.

If all the above were remotely interested in protecting those of less than legal age and preventing them from being trafficked, abused and in some cases virtually enslaved, they would first stop this shit immediately:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/immigration-officials-let-8-000-child-brides-into-the-us-say-laws-will-need-to-change-to-stop-that

They of course won't, because they really don't give a shit.  Such are the "leaders"' of both stripes that we elect any more, and that sadly many still believe.

Sorry to be a downer.  Hey, could be worse, you could always be listening to the Stink of the Union Address and the WTF you talkin bout response from other "side".

4 hours ago, Laci French said:

This is why I don’t like using hotels. 

Same thing is happening with banks. 

You doing in-calls at banks now?  Gives a whole new meaning to the term "direct deposit". 

3 minutes ago, sb1212 said:

You doing in-calls at banks now?  Gives a whole new meaning to the term "direct deposit". 

Or safety deposit box

Not particularly new. Marriott has been doing this for a number of years now. Some towns have been proactive as well.

Could  not find an old thread re:Superior has been proactive on this for years. Were some old threads with news stories where front desk called PD when they saw a young lady check in with lots of luggage and some sketchy dudes. Also once a lady checking in that seemed too "unusual" from normal customers (nabbed her and she ratted out other ladies working in apartment down the road).

Add in folks checking in and brringing in boxes of chemicals for manufacturing stuff (see: Boulder Broker had a room explosion), Vegas shooting, motels/hotels are probably on hightened awareness for odd comings and goings.

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

This has been out for a bit from Uber!

5 hours ago, JAGCS said:

some bars are not allowing single women to sit at the bars by themselves.  FOSTA-SESTA is really working it!

This will end the first time a woman who gets kicked out of a bar for being there alone files a lawsuit. Patently unconstitutional... 

Re: single ladies at bars: also been going on for a while now (provider from years ago complained about a purely Vegas vacation where bartender shooed her away thinking she was working). Saw an article a few weeks ago where some NYC bars are telling ladies they cannot be in the bar area alone, gave lame excuses about no food served there, yet old fat dude can get a meal at the bar. Popular place in Lodo, saw the bartender shoo some ladies away some years ago (sure, maybe knew what she was up to).

Just saw this re: MGM in Vegas. Guessing all their other hotels will be getting same soon. And probably other hotels on the Strip and other chains across the country as well (eg. Marriotts[?] already have key access to elevators on some of their properties, especially upper floors, so  ot a stretch for the rest of the property).

https://mobile.twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1092835878961991680

Edited by NoCoGeezer

Okay so I mostly do Outcall to play it safe but should I intentionally go sit at a bar by myself just to see what happens? I look like a pretty regular girl but will they still discriminate? Probably..

like should I check in to a Marriott without luggage and put my laptop and phones all over the room and put toys and lube all over the room and ask for extra towels and sheets and not let house keeping in my room, just to see what happens??!!

like wtf. I can be a regular business women (which I technically am), doing my work on my laptop and phones, enjoying my dildos, everyone asks for extra towels, and might just want some damn privacy from the hotel staff putting their stinky selves in my room??!!

this shit is crrrrrraaaaazzzzzyyy

who thinks I should do this as a test??! Lmao 

3 hours ago, sb1212 said:

There's more than one kind of bank.

2 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Just saw this re: MGM in Vegas. Guessing all their other hotels will be getting same soon. And probably other hotels on the Strip and other chains across the country as well (eg. Marriotts[?] already have key access to elevators on some of their properties, especially upper floors, so  ot a stretch for the rest of the property).

https://mobile.twitter.com/VitalVegas/status/1092835878961991680

Once someone gets access to any floor, they can then take the stairs to reach other floors.

1 hour ago, AsianLover said:

Once someone gets access to any floor, they can then take the stairs to reach other floors.

Not always. Some fire escapes only exit at the bottom.

7 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Not always. Some fire escapes only exit at the bottom.

Or they have card access on the stairwell side of the floor. Anything under 4 stories generally does not have to comply with fire access so yeah depending on the hotel you’ll get dumped out on the bottom/lobby floor and that’s about all you’ll have access to if you get into the stairs without a key. 

Edited by JoDoe27

I say all of us ladies go have drinks at the M......t this weekend.😂

12 hours ago, sb1212 said:

or "penalty for early withdrawal "

That shit is stereotype.. I definitely be at the bar. I like to have a drink or two. And I have been staying at Marriott along time. Guess it's time for a switch up. I usually don't stay at hotels without a Bar and ATM😴

12 hours ago, sb1212 said:

Many banking institutions are not provider friendly and will seize the funds. 

2 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Many banking institutions are not provider friendly and will seize the funds. 

How the hell will they know?

This is very interesting

1 minute ago, E.J.England said:

This is very interesting

I’ll expand on this later this afternoon when I get a chance. 

9 minutes ago, E.J.England said:

This is very interesting

Cash deposits raise red flags. Cash deposits over 10 grand trigger a SAR...Suspicious Activity Report. To compensate, drug dealers, providers, income tax evaders began limiting cash deposits to less than 10 grand. Authorities then set up regulations to look for this pattern which they call  "Structuring". If they see numerous cash deposits and suspect it might be structuring, they can seize the funds while launching "an investigation". Outcomes of such investigations vary wildly, but one rather constant in the deal is that it is very, very difficult to get you money back.