Chrissy

Hangover Cures??

42 posts in this topic

If you were in Vegas,   call Hangover Heaven.  They make house/hotel calls and will hook you up to an IV to re-hydrate you.  In my 20s, I ended up in a hospital after drinking all night.  They hooked me up to an IV and it was a miracle cure.   These days, I usually down some Chinese food starting with hot Won Ton Soup (not as nasty as menudo), followed much much later by some stir fried and noodles, all with lots of water.   Good Luck.

12 minutes ago, Milos Vesely said:

If you were in Vegas,   call Hangover Heaven.  They make house/hotel calls and will hook you up to an IV to re-hydrate you.  In my 20s, I ended up in a hospital after drinking all night.  They hooked me up to an IV and it was a miracle cure.   These days, I usually down some Chinese food starting with hot Won Ton Soup (not as nasty as menudo), followed much much later by some stir fried and noodles, all with lots of water.   Good Luck.

I very rarely have a hangover these days, but when I do, i think about what you just mentioned. My last one was Halloween week, and i was down for 2 days! That's how you know you're getting old. Lol. How much does this service cost. I've always wondered.

Honestly, straight oxygen.  Go to a gas station or REI or any other sporting goods store and but a can of it.  We would take hits of O2 from the gas masks in our first responder packs in our homes back in the day.  It clears things up nicely.

My Dad talked about taking hits of O2 prior to their bombing mission after a hard night at the pub.

On 2/9/2019 at 7:44 AM, Milos Vesely said:

These days, I usually down some Chinese food starting with hot Won Ton Soup (not as nasty as menudo), followed much much later by some stir fried and noodles, all with lots of water. 

What y'all got against Menudo. I make it by the Big Batches a lot. Freeze up to 12 bags of it. I made Pho last night, they're both Collagens and yes that helps a hangover, flu, cold, good stuff. Leave Menudo alone dammit, good stuff! Like Won Ton soup...

2 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

What y'all got against Menudo. I make it by the Big Batches a lot. Freeze up to 12 bags of it. I made Pho last night, they're both Collagens and yes that helps a hangover, flu, cold, good stuff. Leave Menudo alone dammit, good stuff! Like Won Ton soup...

I love Menudo and Pho! Yeah what he said damnit! 😂

1 hour ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I love Menudo and Pho! Yeah what he said damnit! 😂

Pho helps with most everything.  Satisfying and good for the body and spirit.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:00 AM, Hunter VanDyke said:

I very rarely have a hangover these days, but when I do, i think about what you just mentioned. My last one was Halloween week, and i was down for 2 days! That's how you know you're getting old. Lol. How much does this service cost. I've always wondered.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AVFC_enUS773US773&q=Denver+IV+therapy&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=39732417,-104996505,4545&tbm=lcl&ved=2ahUKEwjtuKDjx7fgAhUM0YMKHc0lAaEQjGp6BAgEEEE&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2&rldoc=1#rlfi=hd:;si:;mv:!1m2!1d40.09500278884243!2d-104.27968055390625!2m2!1d39.55500467855572!2d-105.5788138546875!4m2!1d39.825534246410946!2d-104.92924720429687!5i10

There are several services in the Denver area.  

You only get a hangover when you stop drinking.

So don’t stop drinking 😂😂

It you cannot keep anything down, you are gonna have a hard time with a cure. That said, here is the most likely thing to stay down and help you. Apple slices....or quarter and core it...whatever you can manage while sick. It's very hydrating, but not all at once triggering a hurl like water. It is slightly acidic to balance the stomach. The pectin is also a stomach settler. Slowly munch apple while you lie there in bed .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4KfKapvnuI

I am SO into this man! VERY FASCINATING and a wealth of information on health and human diet! OK...sorry if I am boring you?! I am possibly a buz kill to you all! I am just so into what he has to say and just how he freakin talks is SO incredible! Damn! This is Awesome!!