jasminewaterss7

Last Minute Cancellation

30 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

i recently had to cancel a date with a nice gentleman and I feel horrible about it because it was so last minute. I bet he was looking forward to it all week and preparing. 

I never cancel last minute and I feel like a dirt bag right now. So my question to the gentlemen out there: how can a provider make it up to you if she cancels at the last minute? And ladies how do you go about making it right with out compromising your personal boundaries etc. 

(PS: don’t flame me lol)

Edited by jasminewaterss7

1 minute ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

Hey everyone,

i recently had to cancel a date with a nice gentleman and I feel horrible about it because it was so last minute. I bet he was looking forward to it all week and preparing. 

I never cancel last minute and I feel like a dirt bag right now. So my question to the gentlemen out there: how can a provider make it up to you if she cancels at the last minute? And ladies how do you go about making it right with out compromising your personal boundaries etc. 

I would offer a 2 for 1, or if they can't get away for 2, depending on your rates, half off or 100 off. Something substantial for sure. Sorry honey. I know life happens. It just does. Most guys are very understanding if you are honest, and do your very best to make it right.  Good luck beautiful. 

I've had that happen from my numero uno before she was my numero uno a couple of times. I just wrote it off as thats life. I had even reserved at Mon Chalet and lost that fee. I would never ever ask you to make it up, that's me tho. We still get along famously. Simply life happens, that's all. At least you're honest about it and not NCNS, that still has yet to happen to me as well. I'm sure it will, but this forum in light of all these recent threads will never hear about it. 

18 minutes ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

So my question to the gentlemen out there: how can a provider make it up to you if she cancels at the last minute?

An honest explanation (no need to go into personal details) and apology would be sufficient for me. Some additional consideration for the next meeting would be appreciated, but certainly not required.

17 minutes ago, Hunter VanDyke said:

I would offer a 2 for 1, or if they can't get away for 2, depending on your rates, half off or 100 off. Something substantial for sure. Sorry honey. I know life happens. It just does. Most guys are very understanding if you are honest, and do your very best to make it right.  Good luck beautiful. 

I like your thinking 😁

24 minutes ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

Hey everyone,

Wow......................(my kind of woman). The fact that you are bothered about cancelling on the gentleman and are actually looking at how you can make things better SPEAKS VOLUMES in my opinion. Me personally I know these things happen and most of us guys just sweep it under the rug and reschedule. In my opinion, if you really want to hit home, reach out to the guy and ask him, what can I do to make this up to you, he may reply with something simple as a reschedule or more time. The fact that you are letting him choose what makes it better for him would also SPEAK VOLUMES.

1 minute ago, Savoir Faire said:

reach out to the guy and ask him, what can I do to make this up to you, he may reply with something simple as a reschedule or more time.

I would temper this advice by offering him options that you're comfortable with giving and that you think would be fair to both of you. If you leave it wide open, then you risk either having to satisfy an unreasonable request, or having to reject his offer which would only result in a more awkward situation.

38 minutes ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

Hey everyone,

Shows you care about your clients. That's the secret for long term success. Good for you

Honestly, an explanation and an apology will suffice for me. Shit happens. I either believe that she is being honest and sincere with me or I don't. If I believe her, we simply reschedule and have fun. If either of us has a problem with the cancellation I move on and nothing is lost.

Just a sincere apology is fine by me but when some of the ladies I've seen were late or cancelled last minute some offered extra time or Greek or a discount or waving a travel fee it's up to you really whatever you feel comfortable with

Just be happy to see me the next time and have fun with me without being self-conscious about the past. Life does happen

14 minutes ago, airamericavet65 said:

Just be happy to see me the next time and have fun with me

And he wasn't even the one she cancelled on! :lol::lol::lol:

Life does happen and unfortunately there will be last minutes cancellations.

The fact that you came on here, publicallt stated that did a last minute cancellation and then are asking the board how you can make it up to the gentleman speaks volumes.

My suggestion is to do what you are comfortable with and what you feel is right.

You have already taken that first step.

I like to keep in mind ladies require ncns/last min cancellation fees.  Most ladies wave that fee for a rebook. My experience when I've had something happen last minute on my end is I offer something substantial, most guys let me make it up with a rebook, but some take me up on it, and my experience is, whether they do or whether they don't, with the respect shown,  the make up session is always amazing.  💙

I look at it this way.

If a provider cancels, it’s ok with me.  I’m looking for something not everyone can go after.

If I cancel, it’s a huge issue to the gal.

Karma takes over then.

It is what it is, I was cancelled on today, not short notice, 3 hrs to be exact. What was the best part and made my day was her response, love a lady with a good sense of humor. Her kiddo was real sick, vomiting bad. Her FYI read I would much rather be with you than vomit. Let her know I certainly hope so, told her that was the best compliment I have had in awhile. Life and shit happens sometimes. 

4 hours ago, jasminewaterss7 said:

Hey everyone,

when I cancel a date, I usually offer extra time the next time we are able to meet... (in addition to the time he book previously). Ussually they understand and they happy to know that I respect their time as well. Only has happened on just couple of occasions. Once I end up in the ER bc my asthma and the other a family member was sick too and I have no-one else to take care of them. 

Actually had to cancel a client on Sunday because the snow and didn't feel driving to his hotel and back home (2 hrs drive total)  offered additional  time the next meeting...

1 hour ago, geecue2 said:

Her kiddo was real sick, vomiting bad. Her FYI read I would much rather be with you than vomit. Let her know I certainly hope so, told her that was the best compliment I have had in awhile. Life and s̶h̶i̶t̶ vomit happens sometimes. 

FIFY :P

Life happens so having to cancel an appointment is just something that is going to happen from time to time.  Now are we talking morning of appointment cancellation or sitting in the parking lot, literally last minute cancellation?  If I were the "cancelee" I would feel much better knowing about the cancellation at least an hour or more before the scheduled time of appointment and the more notice you can provide, the better.  If it is literally a last minute thing, like the guy is sitting in the parking lot at your place, then I want immediate responses to texts and some heartfelt apologies and offers to make it up when it is convenient.  This is just a difficult and sometimes unavoidable situation, shit happens.  The problem is that sometimes the amount of prepping and arranging of schedules is involved enough that a last minute cancel is a really bitter pill to swallow.  Just be apologetic when it happens, act like you care and make some effort to make it up to the person.  That's really all you can do and be aware that some will be understanding and some will not.  

I agree with a lot of the replies here...life happens and just the fact that your bothered by it and seem very intent on making it right is HIGHLY respectable... WOW... what a lady ...with the steps your taking, trust me, you’ll be alright. :)  :)

I'll run out of rep points for the day if I gave one to everyone I wanted to on this thread.  Life happens to all of us and unexpected things occur.  You contacted him and let him know, which is great and should be the standard (on both sides).  A "special" for the next session is a wonderful offer.  For me, I've had that happen a few times and appreciate the lady letting me know.  "Special" or not, I've always been willing to reschedule.  And as Hunter stated, the rescheduled meetings have been fantastic.

Jasmine, your questions shows your genuine desire to do the right thing.  Very classy and professional.  Even though opinions have been offered, do what you think is right and what makes you feel the best about a situation that has happened to many of us, on both sides of the equation. :)

already said, but life does happen - and this is a two way street - stick around long enough and you find yourself on both sides of this quandary...

be honest and work out a mutually beneficial solution via PM - keeps everyone privately happy and no one publicly gets to draw unnecessary conclusions on who they should or shouldn't ask out on a date...

I offer 50% off on the rescheduled time. You feel so bad, because it's not your norm. I felt horrible when it happened to me too. 

3 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

The three times I've been cancelled on, while I was leaving or on my way to Denver or Canon City, I never received an incentive.  They were all first time sessions, which means that it's already started off on the wrong foot.  I never rebooked and just moved on.  If it was someone I had seen multiple times then that's a different scenario and it wouldn't bother me.

I sat in front of a hotel for 20 minutes with no response from the YL. Only to get a text when I was half way home  I've received a couple "I'm in your area" emails in the last year.  I have never responded to them. Ruins your desire to see someone

On 2/2/2019 at 11:27 PM, Mr.Pink said:

A month of BB sessions should suffice.🤔

A neighbor of mine in an apartment complex 5 years ago picked a gal up at a bar.  On the way to her place, she had to vomit.  While on the side of the road, about 3 blocks from the bar, the police show up.  He received a DUI.  And a month of BJ's.  He was a private contractor painter.  So he would call her up and meet her outside her employer on her lunch break.  :o

Edited by frankenthaler91

Good Morning ladies and Gents! 

I just wanted to point out...

I really don't like being stood up either...

If ur going to miss the appointment even if your messing around online just jacking off to the idea. Still cancel. Also Companions STOP GIVING UR ADDRESS! give close by land marks and take the extra time to be safe and always scout out before inviting anyone in new. And ALWAYS RUN REFERENCES! 99% of the time if the participant has a profile and they are a great,safe,and reliable participant they will show up or cancel! If ur getting no shows ur not taking the proper precautions things will not turn out as expected. Safety first ALWAYS!

I hope this helps! 

Love, Ivy Wild

Edited by RedIvy38

4 hours ago, mountainrider33 said:

The three times I've been cancelled on, while I was leaving or on my way to Denver or Canon City, I never received an incentive.  They were all first time sessions, which means that it's already started off on the wrong foot.  I never rebooked and just moved on.  If it was someone I had seen multiple times then that's a different scenario and it wouldn't bother me.

That’s true... sometimes after shenanigans, you lose the attraction. 

Thats why in an earlier post, I commented that stuff does happen, we’re human. Does it happen as often as excuses are being made? NO! (On both sides) We’ve become a complacent flakey society as a whole. I know how disappointed, I am when I’m looking forward to an event and it’s canceled. Booooo! I know one time I canceled, my little was in the hospital, and my mind was elsewhere. I felt like the biggest jerk. In my dealings with the op, I would say it was a real thing and not a spur of the moment, “I don’t feel like it”. :-).  Gosh we never get tired of this topic.🤭

Things happen, but I love the fact you have even the slightest concern and want to make it better! The guy I’m certain will appreciate it!

This right here is the integrity I’ve been looking for! 

If I’ve had to cancel last minute, I offered either additional time or less rate, their choice. 

On 2/2/2019 at 8:03 PM, jasminewaterss7 said:

Hey everyone,

i recently had to cancel a date with a nice gentleman and I feel horrible

So my question to the gentlemen out there: how can a provider make it up to you if she cancels at the last minute? And ladies how do you go about making it right with out compromising your personal boundaries etc. 

^THIS^ is integrity & professionalism.

👍

Edited by Bit Banger